DHEA Questions?

drewh10987

drewh10987

Awards
  • Established
So with all the talk about DHEA lately and the possibility of a ban, it got me interested again. Thinking about picking some up while I know I still can. So I was just wondering what yall guys general thoughts on DHEA are and what dosages you guys are running. I tried search but didn't get anything helpful.

KRNMuscle

KRNMuscle

Awards
Sorry for being off-topic but I thought DHEA was very safe. Can you tell me why there is a possibilty of a ban?

thanks

drewh10987

drewh10987

Awards
  • Established
I copied this from AnonyMoose's post on the matter.

All - I received this email today from Save Our Supplements . org. this organization has tools that provide screens for sending letters to your states congressional personnel on specific matters and updates via email on other supplement matters.

Your access to DHEA is in jeopardy! The Senate is considering a bill, S. 762, to classify DHEA as an anabolic steroid, adding it to the list of controlled substances and removing it from the market. H.R. 1249 is the companion bill in the U.S. House of Representatives. Your immediate help is needed to keep this safe and effective dietary supplement legal and accessible.

DHEA is not an anabolic steroid. It is a naturally occurring hormone that has a wide range of benefits, including maintaining muscle strength and strong bones, boosting immunity, and improving mood and sleep patterns. Further studies suggest that DHEA may be helpful for such conditions as obesity, cancer and Alzheimer’s disease. DHEA dietary supplements, which have been on the market for over 20 years, are derived from a plant in the wild yam family (Click here for more information.)

We need your help to keep DHEA legal. Enter your ZIP code in the box above to send a message to Congress asking your Senators and Representative to oppose S. 762 and H.R. 1249 and any amendment to restrict access to DHEA to minors. Congress should not restrict access to a dietary supplement that has given health to millions of Americans. Take action now!

Sincerely,

Save Our Supplements
Save Our Supplements - Protect Your Access to Safe, Effective & Affordable Dietary Supplements

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
From a bodybuilding perspective I see no really truly effective use of DHEA, at any dose.

The only reason the FDA continually thinks about banning it is because they know pharmaceutical companies can make money selling it to 55+ year olds, since there is a benefit for them from the compound.

If the FDA was really after unsafe items then they'd be banning liver melting OTC orals, and making sure there wasn't e coli in my spinach...neither of these seem to be on their 'to do' list.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 17
drejb Supplements 7
rtmilburn Anabolics 4
Nightwanderer Anabolics 3
RugbyHooligan Male Anti-Aging Medicine 14