Digestive aids.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I just upped my calorie intake and I am not poopin as much as I am eating. May sound weird, but just wanted to know if something like this could help. Looking for a really good, on the cheap, digestive aid that wont make me **** 40 times a day. Any suggestions?

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I get that problem when I drastically change my diet. With time (maybe a week or two) your body will get used to it, but in the mean time here's what works for me: Papaya enzyme, Acidophilious, and I make sure I consume at least 25 grams of dietary fiber/day (brocolli, whole wheat breads and pasta, fruit, bran ect) Good luck dude.:toilet:

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I get that problem when I drastically change my diet. With time (maybe a week or two) your body will get used to it, but in the mean time here's what works for me: Papaya enzyme, Acidophilious, and I make sure I consume at least 25 grams of dietary fiber/day (brocolli, whole wheat breads and pasta, fruit, bran ect) Good luck dude.:toilet:
Thanks a lot Lil.!

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Agg,

Look into betaine HCL. There are a few article floating around about it. MANY people are deficience in their stomach acids. Betaine HCL quickly donate it Hydrocloric Acid to digestion after you injest it. I recently started using the Country Life brand. It's dose of Betaine is a bit high but it also contains pepsin and papain and bromeliam which are all great in heloing break down proteins. Now I cant conclusively say it is helping because i also changed my diet when I started it but since I started it my gas problem has gone from life altering to zero. Like I said this could be due to eliminating carbs but the product is so chea that its worth a try. 100 pills is about 13 dollars and you take 1-2 per meal.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Agg,

Look into betaine HCL. There are a few article floating around about it. MANY people are deficience in their stomach acids. Betaine HCL quickly donate it Hydrocloric Acid to digestion after you injest it. I recently started using the Country Life brand. It's dose of Betaine is a bit high but it also contains pepsin and papain and bromeliam which are all great in heloing break down proteins. Now I cant conclusively say it is helping because i also changed my diet when I started it but since I started it my gas problem has gone from life altering to zero. Like I said this could be due to eliminating carbs but the product is so chea that its worth a try. 100 pills is about 13 dollars and you take 1-2 per meal.
I will deff check out that stuff. Thanks for the info.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
You could also look int a probiotic like Gut Health, which may help you with digestion and nutrient absorption.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You could also look int a probiotic like Gut Health, which may help you with digestion and nutrient absorption.
Gut health started up with big hoopla but got a bunch of mixed reviews... Personally I didn't notice anything from it but pro-biotics are very mild in effect anyway. Interestingly enough, if your dtomach PH is off due to low acidity then your biotic balance will be off... Just saying I think HCL in the form of Betaine HCL has done much more for myself and has as much if not more science behind it...

Just being brutally honest with my opinion and hopefully not abrasive

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gut health started up with big hoopla but got a bunch of mixed reviews... Personally I didn't notice anything from it but pro-biotics are very mild in effect anyway. Interestingly enough, if your dtomach PH is off due to low acidity then your biotic balance will be off... Just saying I think HCL in the form of Betaine HCL has done much more for myself and has as much if not more science behind it...

Just being brutally honest with my opinion and hopefully not abrasive
Actually that sounds like they would stack well together.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Why only short term for digestive enzymes?
I would assume if you are making a temporary change to your diet (increasing cals) and trying to bulk. Maybe some only need help if they get over a certain amount of food.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
Short term meaning dosing schedule is on case by case basis. It is redundant adding a cap of betaine to small meals or enzyme containing meals [pineapple for example]. On the other hand, Gut Health is more for absorption and is independent of meals.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
I would assume if you are making a temporary change to your diet (increasing cals) and trying to bulk. Maybe some only need help if they get over a certain amount of food.
Exactly, it is very individual.

GH I would say is more universal.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Have to disagree... That still isnt a strong enough reason to say its only for short term. Saying it that way almost sounds liek you mean there will be health problems or efficacy issues with longer use. If you know this to be the case then feal free to post more on it but if not then don't state things in a way that makes it sound that way...

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
I have not seen anything bad about digestive enzymes. I am saying that doses will vary daily whereas probiotics will be taken consistently for prolonged periods of time.

Now that I am cruising and eating four times a day I do not take any digestive aid but still take gut health. Next week when I start blasting I will be taking 4 tabs of super enzymes with my solid meals and an extra betaine cap if I eat close to a pound of meat at once. If I do not have that much meat I will get a terrible heartburn. This I consider a short term, or immediate if you will, aid.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have not seen anything bad about digestive enzymes. I am saying that doses will vary daily whereas probiotics will be taken consistently for prolonged periods of time.

Now that I am cruising and eating four times a day I do not take any digestive aid but still take gut health. Next week when I start blasting I will be taking 4 tabs of super enzymes with my solid meals and an extra betaine cap if I eat close to a pound of meat at once. If I do not have that much meat I will get a terrible heartburn. This I consider a short term, or immediate if you will, aid.
Sounds good man, I was just concerned that you might have had info about long term health issues but now I get you...

I really never eat under 300g+ of protein a day and will hit 500 often so for the way I eat its very usefull

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great suggestions already! My all-time favourite, though, is a combination of zinc-L-carnosine, standardized deglycyrrhizinated licorice (DGL) extract, and phyto-antioxidants.

Why? The whole idea is to neutralize the damaging effects of the harmful Helicobacter pylori (H. Pylori) bacterium that erodes the protective mucosal lining of the stomach, thus exerting pro-inflammatory effects on stomach tissue, leading to even more stomach discomfort.

Zinc L-Carnosine, a chelated compound of zinc and L-Carnosine, protects and restores the integrity of stomach tissue while inhibiting the growth and damaging impact of H. pylori.
Another nutrient, a standardized deglycyrrhizinated licorice (DGL) extract contains flavonoid compounds that inhibits the growth of even antibiotic-resistant strains of H. pylori, curtails pro-inflammatory molecules, and motivates the formation of prostaglandins that promote healthy stomach lining.
Finally, plant-based antioxidants such as cranberry, blueberry, and grape seed extracts that have potent quantities of proanthocyanidins and other antioxidant compounds inhibit the growth of H. pylori via several pathways.

I get very fast relief from this combination, in addition to the restoration of my stomach-lining integrity that occurs simultaneously.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AdelV Supplements 5
Nutrition / Health 13
rascal14 Supplements 6
rascal14 Supplements 0
Anabolics 7