Bro's! Here is a protein bar you probably never heard of that is very good!!

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width=374 border=0>

<TBODY>

<TR>

<TD class=text vAlign=top>Bro's, this man, Dr. Phil Maffetone is a genius in most of the areas of nutrition and excercise that he studies. His applications dont always apply to bodybuilders but often they do. These protein bars are very unique in their own right and can be purchased online at the link below. Take care and lift will my brothers!

http://mafgroup.securedata.net/catalog/phils/philsbar.shtml

Phil's Bar™ is uniquely formulated with a balanced ratio of carbohydrate, protein and healthy fat, an approach originally endorsed more than 20 years ago by Dr. Phil Maffetone world-renowned nutrition and human-performance expert.</TD></TR>

<TR>

<TD colSpan=2>

<DIV class=text align=left>While this balanced approach can be found in other energy bars on the market, Phil's Bar is the only bar of its type that is made entirely from all-natural real-food ingredients. Whey protein is a key ingredient Phil's Bar. The whey-protein source in Phil's Bar is highly compatible with humans in terms of its digestibility and utilization by the body. Whey is also known as a "nutraceutical" food because of its positive effects on the body's immune and antioxidant defense mechanisms. Even people who are sensitive to lactose can usually consume whey with no problems.

Unlike other energy bars on the market, Phil's Bar contains no highly processed proteins, highly refined sugars, trans fats or fractionated oils, synthetic or isolated vitamins, or artificial flavors or colors. Just read the label -- there's nothing in a Phil's Bar that you can't pronounce or won't recognize as real food.

<P class=subheads>CHOCOLATE

<B>INGREDIENTS</B>: Whey-protein concentrate, honey, brown-rice syrup, natural almond butter, glycerine (vegetable source), date paste, extra-virgin olive oil, crisp brown rice, cocoa powder (natural process), almonds, natural chocolate flavor, oat fiber, sesame seeds. May contain traces of various nuts and seeds.
</DIV>

<DIV class=text align=left>200 calories
</DIV>

<DIV class=text align=left>14 grams of protein
</DIV>

<DIV class=text align=left>22 grams of complex carbohydrates
</DIV>

<DIV class=text align=left>Contains 2 grams of natural fiber, not processed fiber
</DIV>

<DIV class=text align=left>No high-glycemic sweeteners
</DIV>

<DIV class=text align=left>Made with extra-virgin olive oil
</DIV>

<DIV class=text align=left>No synthetic vitamins
</DIV>

<DIV class=text align=left>No unknown ingredients or artificial flavorings, sweeteners or colors
</DIV>

<DIV class=text align=left>Contains powerful anti-oxidants and phytonutrients </DIV>

<DIV class=text align=left>

<P class=subheads>NATURAL PEANUT BUTTER

<B>INGREDIENTS</B>: Whey-protein concentrate, honey, brown-rice syrup, glycerine (vegetable source), crisp brown rice, natural almond butter, date paste, natural peanut butter, peanut flour, almonds, extra-virgin olive oil, natural peanut butter flavor, sesame seeds, oat fiber, apple fiber. May contain traces of various nuts and seeds.  
</DIV>

<DIV class=text align=left>200 calories
</DIV>

<DIV class=text align=left>14 grams of protein
</DIV>

<DIV class=text align=left>22 grams of complex carbohydrates  
</DIV>

<DIV class=text align=left>Contains 2 grams of natural fiber, not processed fiber
</DIV>

<DIV class=text align=left>No high-glycemic sweeteners </DIV>

<DIV class=text align=left>Made with extra-virgin olive oil 
</DIV>

<DIV class=text align=left>No synthetic vitamins </DIV>

<DIV class=text align=left>No unknown ingredients or artificial flavorings, sweeteners or colors  </DIV>

<DIV class=text align=left> </DIV>

<DIV class=text align=left>Contains powerful anti-oxidants and phytonutrients</DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Thats a solid profile on them and at a little over @6 for a box of 16 bars, thats a pretty sweet and very affordable price.....you tried these yourself Jake?? I wonder what the taste is like?

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by YellowJacket
Thats a solid profile on them and at a little over @6 for a box of 16 bars, thats a pretty sweet and very affordable price.....you tried these yourself Jake?? I wonder what the taste is like?
I have tried them before. They were good. I am going to buy these for my MRP's in the future.

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
You used to be able to get free samples by emailing them or calling them. Lets give it a go.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

I have tried them before. They were good. I am going to buy these for my MRP's in the future.
Please incorportate more than whey in your MRP. This is when multiple sources are the most important.

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Bobo

Please incorportate more than whey in your MRP. This is when multiple sources are the most important.
Of course bro! I have several "snacks" that I use in combo with each other. This is just one piece of puzzle brother!

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Of course bro! I have several "snacks" that I use in combo with each other. This is just one piece of puzzle brother!
Ok. I was starting to worry that you were a whey freak. As long as you got other sources, your good to go! :D

MassMachine

Awards
Ill stick to my REAL Protein bars, and my Promax bars, i think im addicted

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Ill stick to my REAL Protein bars, and my Promax bars, i think im addicted
i got a ridiculous amounts of promax bars in my closet (got 8 boxes of them off ebay....ha....but all were either the month of the expiration date or a couple months past....i know this wasnt too smart but shoot, each bar came out to be like 28 cents per) probably only eat like 3/4 of one a day (too much sugar....i tend to eat a homemade bar most of the time) but the apple a la mode and double choc. are ridiculously good. (even expired :D )

MassMachine

Awards
hah, for sure, Double Fudge Brownie is my favorite, i get them for 90 cents a bar at my work, 20 grams of protein, 290 calories, 38 grams of carbs...all for 90 cents?... i cant get enough of them.

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
How bout we post about OTHER bars in a different thread....thanks guys.

institutional

Awards
i like the breakdown of these bars. nice price, and its a good snack, i will give it a go, thanks for the info ww7

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by institutional
i like the breakdown of these bars. nice price, and its a good snack, i will give it a go, thanks for the info ww7
You bet Inst. let us know what you think!

LethalGunz34

Awards
I'm not really the "protein bar person". I'll have one occasionally whenever I'm at the mall but that's about it. Spending $20 on 12 bars is just not my case. I'd rather buy more clean food instead.

Also, I think Chemo or someone else posted a protein recipe a while a go at BB.com and I tried it a few weeks ago. Damn, the worst bars ever!!!:D No offense bro;);)