Most effective supplement/herbal for protein digestion

  1. Most effective supplement/herbal for protein digestion


    Betaine HCL, Ginger.....anything else? Unlike most, I get miserably constipated once I get over 225 grams of protein day. HELP!

    Thanks


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    Betaine HCL, Ginger.....anything else? Unlike most, I get miserably constipated once I get over 225 grams of protein day. HELP!

    Thanks
    Have you looked into Gut Health at all? It is a probiotic and might be something you would benefit from, especially for those with a high protein intake.
    •   
       


  3. Im on a probiotic as well. Have been for years.

  4. Bromelain(sp), Papain, or any digestive enzyme complex that contains a mixture of the two would be good.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!



  5. By the way, ginger works pretty well for me but it's an obvious NO NO for PWO protein (very potent anti-infam and gain inhibitor) and unfortunately, that's when I need it most.
    •   
       


  6. Are you using whey concentrate or isolate? Many people with dairy allergies experience the side effects you are talking about, and can only use whey isolates.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  7. Isolate and hydrosolates (no concentrations)

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    Betaine HCL, Ginger.....anything else? Unlike most, I get miserably constipated once I get over 225 grams of protein day. HELP!

    Thanks
    I hear ya man.

    Here is what I use with good success.

    Digestive enzyme (completegest from enzymatic therapy)

    Probiotic (usually Primodophilus Reuteri from N. Way)

    Fiber (combo of flax seed ,chia seed, pea hull and psyllium)

    And I think this has been the best solution as of late for me. I've bumped my magnesium because I've been killing the whey and micellar casein and the calcium had be a little backed up too.

    Gut Health is a good product too and would save you a little money initially.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Millennium 1 View Post
    I hear ya man.

    Here is what I use with good success.

    Digestive enzyme (completegest from enzymatic therapy)

    Probiotic (usually Primodophilus Reuteri from N. Way)

    Fiber (combo of flax seed ,chia seed, pea hull and psyllium)

    And I think this has been the best solution as of late for me. I've bumped my magnesium because I've been killing the whey and micellar casein and the calcium had be a little backed up too.

    Gut Health is a good product too and would save you a little money initially.
    Very nice! I like the fiber combo you got there. Do you mix individually or would I be fortunate enough to pick up a pre-mixed product?

  10. miracle greens added to each shake has helped me a lot. Yogurt as well, if you aren't lactose intolerant.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    Very nice! I like the fiber combo you got there. Do you mix individually or would I be fortunate enough to pick up a pre-mixed product?
    I usually pick up a pre mixed product like Renew Life's prfect Fiber of SuperSeed from Gardon of Life.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Most Effective Supplement?
    By Jon Devine in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-17-2009, 11:39 AM
  2. Most you would pay for Protein
    By Doug8796 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-03-2008, 05:07 PM
  3. Most Effective Peptide use for the money
    By Tom 185 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-23-2007, 08:42 PM
Log in
Log in