Most effective supplement/herbal for protein digestion

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Betaine HCL, Ginger.....anything else? Unlike most, I get miserably constipated once I get over 225 grams of protein day. HELP!

Thanks

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
Betaine HCL, Ginger.....anything else? Unlike most, I get miserably constipated once I get over 225 grams of protein day. HELP!

Thanks
Have you looked into Gut Health at all? It is a probiotic and might be something you would benefit from, especially for those with a high protein intake.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im on a probiotic as well. Have been for years. :(

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bromelain(sp), Papain, or any digestive enzyme complex that contains a mixture of the two would be good.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
By the way, ginger works pretty well for me but it's an obvious NO NO for PWO protein (very potent anti-infam and gain inhibitor) and unfortunately, that's when I need it most.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you using whey concentrate or isolate? Many people with dairy allergies experience the side effects you are talking about, and can only use whey isolates.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Isolate and hydrosolates (no concentrations)

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established

Thanks
I hear ya man.

Here is what I use with good success.

Digestive enzyme (completegest from enzymatic therapy)

Probiotic (usually Primodophilus Reuteri from N. Way)

Fiber (combo of flax seed ,chia seed, pea hull and psyllium)

And I think this has been the best solution as of late for me. I've bumped my magnesium because I've been killing the whey and micellar casein and the calcium had be a little backed up too.

Gut Health is a good product too ;) and would save you a little money initially.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hear ya man.

Here is what I use with good success.

Digestive enzyme (completegest from enzymatic therapy)

Probiotic (usually Primodophilus Reuteri from N. Way)

Fiber (combo of flax seed ,chia seed, pea hull and psyllium)

And I think this has been the best solution as of late for me. I've bumped my magnesium because I've been killing the whey and micellar casein and the calcium had be a little backed up too.

Gut Health is a good product too ;) and would save you a little money initially.
Very nice! I like the fiber combo you got there. Do you mix individually or would I be fortunate enough to pick up a pre-mixed product?

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
miracle greens added to each shake has helped me a lot. Yogurt as well, if you aren't lactose intolerant.

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Very nice! I like the fiber combo you got there. Do you mix individually or would I be fortunate enough to pick up a pre-mixed product?
I usually pick up a pre mixed product like Renew Life's prfect Fiber of SuperSeed from Gardon of Life.