Questions

ImOuTThERE

Awards
Im kinda new to these forums but i figured there the best place to help me out. I started lifting weights about a year ago and lets just say im a hard gainer and its been my goal ever since i started. can anyone help me with a beginner cycle thats not to harsh on the body. If anyone could help me out id really appreciate it.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Im kinda new to these forums but i figured there the best place to help me out. I started lifting weights about a year ago and lets just say im a hard gainer and its been my goal ever since i started. can anyone help me with a beginner cycle thats not to harsh on the body. If anyone could help me out id really appreciate it.
How about you post your diet and stats up and then we'll go from there? :)

ImOuTThERE

Awards
Im 21 and weigh 155. Im very lean and try to eat as much as i can. Ive tried a lot of things like creatine and weight gainers to give me that help with my protein and calorie intake but no matter how much food i shove down my throat everything just goes right through me. I have a lot of friends that i work out with so i started to learn about supplements like pher max and x mass and it seemed to work pretty well with them

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The reason they worked well for them is because those are actual steroids, not supplements.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
hey outthere, how tall are ya and how long you been training for?

ImOuTThERE

Awards
i knew they were steroids and this isnt something that i wouldnt take seriously. Ive thought about it for awhile and plan to get as much info as i can as to what i should and the correct way. Red dog im 5'9 and have been working out for a year 4-5 days a week

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i knew they were steroids and this isnt something that i wouldnt take seriously. Ive thought about it for awhile and plan to get as much info as i can as to what i should and the correct way. Red dog im 5'9 and have been working out for a year 4-5 days a week
if you weigh 155 and arent making any solid progress it is either your diet or training that isnt up to par.

what is your training like?
and MOST importantly what are your macros like? how many grams of protein do you get a day? carbs? fat? what is your total calorie count for the day
something you have to understand is that there is obviously something wrong with your regimen, if you were to take a steroid you wouldnt gain much at all due to this, and would assuredly lose ALL of it and PROBABLY MORE due to it as well, even with a solid pct.

fix your diet and training first. also, there is no way you can train for a year and need steroids. you are nowhere near your genetic limit

ImOuTThERE

Awards
my diet isnt bad...i know what i should be eating and shouldnt be...i try to double my weight in terms of my protein intake and about 3000-3500 calories is where i shoot for. thats why i startedtaking things like weight gainers to help fulfill that. For my training i was taught by my 2 best friends who have been working out for a while and are very fit. They have taught me everything i know so i know my training isnt bad. Ive definetly gained weigt since i started lifting and im a lot more toned. i just cant seem to get any bigger than i am. Evan stacking products liek cell mass and NO xplode do **** for me. I think i just have a very fast metabolism it runs i the family and i know thats a good thing but when all u want to do i sget bigger and bulk up..its the biggest pain in the ass. Even 10 pounds would be solid for me id feel so much better cuz im not that tall. When i say i want to try a cycle i know it maybe not the best choice for me but if it will help when doing it thr correct way im willing to give it a try.

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
if you weigh 155 and arent making any solid progress it is either your diet or training that isnt up to par.

what is your training like?
and MOST importantly what are your macros like? how many grams of protein do you get a day? carbs? fat? what is your total calorie count for the day
something you have to understand is that there is obviously something wrong with your regimen, if you were to take a steroid you wouldnt gain much at all due to this, and would assuredly lose ALL of it and PROBABLY MORE due to it as well, even with a solid post cycle therapy.

fix your diet and training first. also, there is no way you can train for a year and need steroids. you are nowhere near your genetic limit

Hey Imoutthere,

First let me commend you for taking the time to ask for help and not just jumping on the first supplement/steroid you were recommended.

That said, I have to agree with jomi822...your training and/or diet must be off. My bet is it has to do mostly with diet, as that's most peoples problem in my experience.

I've had countless new clients come to me, expressing the exact same problem you are, saying "They can't gain weight/muscle no matter how much they eat". 100% of the time, I've found that once we broke down EXACTLY what they were eating everyday (HONESTLY), and when, we identified the problem, made changes to their diet and, like magic, the muscle appeared. (those that actually followed the new diet that is) ;)

The truth is, it's physically impossible for the body to intake more calories than it burns and not put on weight. The trick is finding out how many calories your burn per day, on average, and then eating that many + about 10-30% depending on your goals. You also have to be sure your eating the proper macro nutrients and the right times, otherwise you'll simple be putting on fat and end up with the exact opposite problem from what your experiencing currently.

As recommended above, post your current typical diet and exercise program (as detailed as possible) and lets see if we can't pin down the problem. Remember, be honest with yourself...don't post what you TRY to eat everyday, post what you ACTUALLY eat everyday. Otherwise this will just be counterproductive.

I can recommend some supplements, etc...but first lets build a strong foundation. If that's not there, all the supplements/steriods in the world won't help...at least not in the long run.

Workin

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Hey Imoutthere,

First let me commend you for taking the time to ask for help and not just jumping on the first supplement/steroid you were recommended.

That said, I have to agree with jomi822...your training and/or diet must be off. My bet is it has to do mostly with diet, as that's most peoples problem in my experience.

I've had countless new clients come to me, expressing the exact same problem you are, saying "They can't gain weight/muscle no matter how much they eat". 100% of the time, I've found that once we broke down EXACTLY what they were eating everyday (HONESTLY), and when, we identified the problem, made changes to their diet and, like magic, the muscle appeared. (those that actually followed the new diet that is) ;)

The truth is, it's physically impossible for the body to intake more calories than it burns and not put on weight. The trick is finding out how many calories your burn per day, on average, and then eating that many + about 10-30% depending on your goals. You also have to be sure your eating the proper macro nutrients and the right times, otherwise you'll simple be putting on fat and end up with the exact opposite problem from what your experiencing currently.

As recommended above, post your current typical diet and exercise program (as detailed as possible) and lets see if we can't pin down the problem. Remember, be honest with yourself...don't post what you TRY to eat everyday, post what you ACTUALLY eat everyday. Otherwise this will just be counterproductive.

I can recommend some supplements, etc...but first lets build a strong foundation. If that's not there, all the supplements/steriods in the world won't help...at least not in the long run.

Workin

Great post Workin. Couldnt have put it any better myself. Let me just highlight some key things that I think are important.

Back when I started I posted what I "try" to eat everyday. I actually eat those things now and let me tell you as a hard gainer myself, Ive jumped from 170-190 within the summer. It's not about saying oh I eat 3500 calories. Your not sure until you actually break it down and see exactly what you need to fix up. Take it from a hard gainer, Food = growth. The fact that your not growing AS fast probably is genetics but you cant say that growing is impossible because of it. Because the truth is that it's you. Plain and simple your diet/training is lacking either calories or intensity for the growth to occur. Going onto PH's and Steroids will do you no good.

Lets say you do decide to jump on a PH cycle with your current diet. you gain 7 pounds of lbm. Now what? your diet sucks still and you will lose those gains and most likely start to abuse it.

So you see try to fix your diet and growth will occur. Heck, I know the growth is slow but it's much more of an achievement to know you worked your ass off for it. best of luck in the future.

drewh10987

drewh10987

Awards
  • Established
Lots of good posts in here so far and I agree with what everyone has said so far. Lay off PHs and steroids, your not ready and you will regret it down the road if you start taking.

I have seen my best gains since I have started to truly watch what I eat, that means every meal, every day. I have put on a good amount of muscle and even lost bodyfat while not even trying to cut. Not to mention the strength gains I have made.

So post your typical daily diet up so that we can critique it for you. As long as you don't mind learning. From what you've said already I can tell that there is plenty of room for improvement. The one thing I can go ahead and say is that it much better to get your calories from whole food sources compared to powders, especially weight gainers. Besides immediately post workout it is always better to eat a real meal than to simply down a shake.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Lots of good posts in here so far and I agree with what everyone has said so far. Lay off PHs and steroids, your not ready and you will regret it down the road if you start taking.

I have seen my best gains since I have started to truly watch what I eat, that means every meal, every day. I have put on a good amount of muscle and even lost bodyfat while not even trying to cut. Not to mention the strength gains I have made.

So post your typical daily diet up so that we can critique it for you. As long as you don't mind learning. From what you've said already I can tell that there is plenty of room for improvement. The one thing I can go ahead and say is that it much better to get your calories from whole food sources compared to powders, especially weight gainers. Besides immediately post workout it is always better to eat a real meal than to simply down a shake.

Agreed! I take 90% of my protien from whole foods and only 1 protien shake PWO after workouts. substitute protien shakes and WG for real clean food sources.

ImOuTThERE

Awards
what would be reccomended if i have trouble eating soo much everyday

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
what would be reccomended if i have trouble eating soo much everyday
dude. there is no substitute for food. if your logic works like this you might as well not be here.

heres what I recommend if you truely cannot eat food. Black Hole. Makes you hungry as hell so you can cram more food down your mouth.

there is no other recommendation besides food my friend. It doesnt work like this. Oh I cant eat so much, or oh I dont have that much access to food. Which steroid can I take instead to make me grow without food.
Nope sorry doesnt work that way and if your logic is like that I would advise you to re evaluate yourself.

Also you yourself said that you take 3000 calories+ a day.

drewh10987

drewh10987

Awards
  • Established
The only thing I can say is to force yourself. If your one of those guys that just is never hungry then your going to have to force yourself to eat even when your not hungry. If you just continue to force yourself to eat then you will begin to stretch your stomach and before too long you won't even have to think about it. You'll actually be hungry and want to eat more.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
The only thing I can say is to force yourself. If your one of those guys that just is never hungry then your going to have to force yourself to eat even when your not hungry. If you just continue to force yourself to eat then you will begin to stretch your stomach and before too long you won't even have to think about it. You'll actually be hungry and want to eat more.
mnn I know how that feels. I have a lovely timer. No matter how much I eat 2 hours later my alarm clock starts to grumble and its time to eat agian :burger: