Need some help. Concerns with long term use of Lipo 6.

1. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Need some help. Concerns with long term use of Lipo 6.

Ladies and gentleman,

It's been a long time since I've been around these parts! If there is any OOOLD timers around much love to you all. To all the present members I hope your fitness pursuit is going fantastic!

I have a new girl who is in the medical field and works doubles (evening/noc) shifts like crazy. She has been taking Lipo 6 daily for about 2 years now. Not a lot mind you, just 2 pills a day and, rarely on a real bad double where she is literally asleep standing leaning a med cart, another 1 or 2.

My concern in just that she has been on this for a long time with no break.

Anything you have to offer in the way of concerns or if your not concerned at all please let me know! I think a lot of this girl and don't want her to hurt herself!

Thanks in advance and happy building!

2. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.78%

I believe that you SHOULD cylce Yohimbe HCL. I dont think its a good idea to take it 2 years straight.
  3. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.78%

here we go. theses are the directions on the Lipo 6.

Directions:

Start off with only 2 multi-phase capsules on your first two days (1 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon) and increase dosage by 1 capsule every two days until maximum dosage of 4 capsules per day is reached. From here on take 2 multi-phase capsules in the morning and an additional 2 capules in the afternoon. DO NOT EXCEED 4 MULTI-PHASE CAPSULES PER DAY. Do not take within 6 hours of sleep. For optimum results Lipo-6X should not be taken with meals. Consume at least 30 minutes before a meal. Lipo-6X is best used in cycles. The suggested cycle length is 8 weeks followed by a 1 week break.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.55%

yeah when I saw the 8 week cycle rec I was like :-0

I thought she was taking straight caffine pills not an herbal supplment. When I found out she was I was concerned. Shes going to read this in a bit so keep it coming! Thanks!
  5. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.78%

the deal with supplements is that cycling gives benefits. even if it wasnt harmful to there are more benefits to cycling supplements. The only supplements I would say that dont need any cycling are protiens. Other than that most supplements should be cycled. Im surprised why someone would take lipo 6 for that long period of time. have they built up a strong tolerance to the stims yet?
  6. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.55%

She takes it as a stim and for no other purpose. So benefits wise she is getting exactly what she wants. However, my concern is possible ill effects from long term use.
  7. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.78%

agian I am no expert but I do a fair amount of research on things. Leviathan has similar properties to lipo ( they both contain yohimbine hcl) here is the write up on leviathan as well.

Q. What’s the longest that I can take Leviathan?
    Leviathan should be taken for no longer than 90 days at a time. After an extended period taking Leviathan, it is strongly recommended that you cycle off for a period of 3-4 weeks. After cycling off, begin again with the intro tapered dosing.

and a question from a user with a rep's response.

Originally Posted by motiv8er
    Is it a bad idea to take more than the recommended dose? Say three caps twice per day?

The main concern with this is the yohimbine hcl. Everyone responds differently to larger doses, and more is not necessarily better. If you chose to run 3 cap doses, you would want to taper into this slowly to avoid undesired effects. Another idea would be to cycle 1 week of normal dosing, 1 week of heavier dosing, then back to normal dosing, and so on.

I hope this helps. Ive read quite a few researches about this but Im not to fond of digging them up. Best I could do. agian, hope it helps!
  8. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.78%

maybe she should consider reset A.D to help her with the stims.
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.2%

just thought id chime in....i was like that although i took 4 a day but not for 2 years striaght just for a couple months at at time. I eventually had heart and breathign problems and once i stopped the lipo the problems stopped....i think it was the caffeine getting ot me but who knows just thought id share!
  10. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.78%

Quote Originally Posted by powerhouse21 View Post
    just thought id chime in....i was like that although i took 4 a day but not for 2 years striaght just for a couple months at at time. I eventually had heart and breathign problems and once i stopped the lipo the problems stopped....i think it was the caffeine getting ot me but who knows just thought id share!
    probably. but it most likely could be the yohimbine.

here just because i felt like being a bit more helpful i did a little digging.

4. What are the side effects of yohimbine?

Anxiety is the most common side effect seen with yohimbine, especially higher doses, and for this reason it should not be used by individuals prone to panic attacks or with stress-related disorders (14, 15). Other common side effects are increased heart rate and blood pressure, although these do not appear to be a problem at the doses used for weight loss (2, 3). Other side effects associated with elevated levels of NE, such as insomnia, can also be expected. All of these side effects disappear after termination of use (11).
  11. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.55%

Thanks for the feedback!
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4%

just wounding what would be recommended after using lipo 6 i will do the cycling mine says 2 months on 2 months off so thats what i am gonna do what would or should be my next move i love the energy it gives me and the strenght in the gym. i have six kids and in that a set of twins i weight 180 now and feel like a million dollars never have i done this diet and gym and eating right.. any info would be helpful i want to keep it safe ya know. my boy friend is a personal trainer he tell me what to do just see what any one eles would say thats all a lil. friendy advise
  13. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.49%

Quote Originally Posted by windwords7 View Post
    Ladies and gentleman,

It's been a long time since I've been around these parts! If there is any OOOLD timers around much love to you all. To all the present members I hope your fitness pursuit is going fantastic!

I have a new girl who is in the medical field and works doubles (evening/noc) shifts like crazy. She has been taking Lipo 6 daily for about 2 years now. Not a lot mind you, just 2 pills a day and, rarely on a real bad double where she is literally asleep standing leaning a med cart, another 1 or 2.

My concern in just that she has been on this for a long time with no break.

Anything you have to offer in the way of concerns or if your not concerned at all please let me know! I think a lot of this girl and don't want her to hurt herself!

Thanks in advance and happy building!
    wow 2 years is a long time.I'd def tell her to stop doing this and have her find a safer way to stay awake she also may want to slowly ween her self off of it as temporary depression could occur and maybe even temporary anxiety disorder.I'd recommend having her have her thyroid checked out as well.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Need some help/input with T-booster selection
    By doggy_dog in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-19-2012, 09:43 AM
  2. Long term use of Arimidex... good or bad?
    By VirginiaMan in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-27-2008, 05:04 PM
  3. Long term use of HCG safe?
    By rick055 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 08-25-2007, 09:47 PM
  4. Need some help/opinions with my regiment while on cycle.
    By xxtruxx1 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-02-2006, 05:31 PM