Are the Supplements OK to Mix?

shreddedkid11

Awards
after my work out i have "super" post workout shake which consists of 8 oz. of fat free milk, 40 grams of whey protein, 5 grams of creatine mono, 4 grams of beta alanine, 20 grams of casein protein, and 5 grams of bcaas. is it ok to mix all of these supplements in one shake? will taking them separetly enhance their effects or does it even matter?
thanks

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
i would save the casein protien for night time use. after a workout you body needs nutrition hence the whey. I would say get the casein protein for night time use. If i were you I would shoot the creatine mono pre-workout but post workout works if bloating is a problem for you. other than that I think it looks good.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
i would save the casein protien for night time use. after a workout you body needs nutrition hence the whey. I would say get the casein protein for night time use. If i were you I would shoot the creatine mono pre-workout but post workout works if bloating is a problem for you. other than that I think it looks good.

The Beta Alanine and some BCAA's should be done PRE/PERI workout too!

X

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
after my work out i have "super" post workout shake which consists of 8 oz. of fat free milk, 40 grams of whey protein, 5 grams of creatine mono, 4 grams of beta alanine, 20 grams of casein protein, and 5 grams of bcaas. is it ok to mix all of these supplements in one shake? will taking them separetly enhance their effects or does it even matter?
thanks
like he said id save the casien for nighttime, 4g of BA huh?...hows that tingle??..lol...not a bad thing, but anything over 3 for me and im itchin.....love it, but i usually dose 2.5 at a time

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
like he said id save the casien for nighttime, 4g of BA huh?...hows that tingle??..lol...not a bad thing, but anything over 3 for me and im itchin.....love it, but i usually dose 2.5 at a time
I get the tingles only when I mix BA with CM :sad:

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I use casein all day, in fact Ultra Peptide is what I use all the time. I beleive that a blend of both is good, and will promote anti catabolism between your meals.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
I use casein all day, in fact Ultra Peptide is what I use all the time. I beleive that a blend of both is good, and will promote anti catabolism between your meals.
ive heard that too. but for pwo I think avoiding casein is best. otherwise you can go crazy on it. ( in my opinion )

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Maybe that's why I am crazy!
haha :toofunny: crazy enough to whip out that mega tester thread. only someone as crazy as you could pull that out of your arsh! :afro:

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
haha :toofunny: crazy enough to whip out that mega tester thread. only someone as crazy as you could pull that out of your arsh! :afro:
Haha! Lemme tell ya some bolts fall from up there once in a while ;)

JJC

Awards
  • Established
I think it looks good.

But similar to what others have said, split that dose of Beta Alanine to once in the morning at 2g then once pre-w/o at 2g as well. Throw some BCAAs in pre-w/o too.

I don't have a problem with mixing whey and casein in your post-w/o shake. The casein isn't going to slow down how quickly the whey is used by your body; it's actually probably a smart idea because the whey will be metabolised first, while the casein will digest slower. The end result will be a more steady supply of protein until your next meal. Can't beat that. (Plus there have been studies highlighting the benefits of a protein blend over straight whey post-w/o.)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
even post workout I wouldn't bother going higher than 30g whey for protein. I'd add some or carbs of some kind post workout, and leave out the casein