Quickest weight loss

Deployed

Awards
Looking to drop about 10lbs fast, ideas on supplements, cardio, diet? can it be done the atkins way with a strict red meat diet for a couple weeks. Im currently in the mideast so i dont have access too all supplements. appreciate the help

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
low carb/moderate caloric intake with about an hour of cardio/20 min of light weight high rep training I would say. We would need to know your stats though, what do you weigh etc...

-Agg

Deployed

Awards
stats

I'm 6'2 at 210lbs which usually fluctuates quite dramatically, but lately ive stayed solid between 210 and 215. My metabolism has slowed down alot also, im used to eating like a horse, and lately i notice it effecting me fast instad of burning off. It might have alot to do with our current mission change, the physical demand dropped significantly. appreciate the help

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm 6'2 at 210lbs which usually fluctuates quite dramatically, but lately ive stayed solid between 210 and 215. My metabolism has slowed down alot also, im used to eating like a horse, and lately i notice it effecting me fast instad of burning off. It might have alot to do with our current mission change, the physical demand dropped significantly. appreciate the help
Sorry, bouncing between your other post and here. If you are lacking the means to obtain supplements, you could always just change the ol diet. I would personally not go with red meat to lose weight though. Start eating cleaner...If you have the weight to lose it will come off with diet and excercise. With additional help, IE fat burner, you may be able to move it along more quickly. My take on the whole thing is...If you gain muscle fast, you will lose it fast. The same thing goes for fat, if you lose it fast, it will go back on fast.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Set up your macro ratios so that for every gram of fat you are eating 4 g of carbs and 4 g of protein.

Stay active. Go for jogs, jump rope, weight train, have sex with vietmanese hookers saying "Me so horny, me love you long time".

Underrated cardio exercises:
Jumping Jacks
Walking
Jumping Rope
Jogging
Swimming

The aktins diet is flawed. Though it is very good at losing overall weight, there's the possibility that you could be losing muscle mass and gaining fat. I don't think that's in your intentions.

Looking for supplements to burn some fat? I know of one you could probably get for free in any office building. It begins with a "C" and rhymes with "toffee". Be a man and drink it black (I personally cannot stand the taste of cream and sugar in it). Believe it or not, coffee is just as, if not more, effective than 3/4 of the 'fatburner supplements' on the market today.

Deployed

Awards
appreciate the help sinner. anyone have a sample meal they could throw out, breakfast or dinner?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You should try to eat frequent smaller meals instead of large ones. Shoot to eat 5 or 6x per day. Think of them as 'full course snacks".

- 1 whole egg, 5 egg whites, 1/2 cup of quick oats (measured dry)

- A can of chunk lite tuna, and a slice or two of wheat or rye bread.

- Skinless Chicken breast (baked or grilled), green veggies

- White Fish or Salmon (baked or grilled), veggies, baked potato (or yam)

-Lean beef (steak or ground beef), veggies

Here's some quick meals if you're pressed for time:

One the go: 1 whole egg, 5 whites, some OJ or Folger's Instant Coffee. Mix chug and get going. (as half the people reading this vomit).

On the go: A can of tuna, tabasco sauce. Eat straight from the can.

animalkrack3r

Awards
I would honestly do what sinner said, 5-6 small meals throughout the day.

For breakfest have a smoothie, here is what I drink. It fills you up for at least 1 to 2 hours and gets you going.

Low fat milk
Ice
Low fat low sugar yogurt
Whole oatmeal (put it in a bowl with water and throw it in the microwave to soften it up)
Natural peanut butter
Blue berries
Some whey
flax seed

Mix it up, throw orange juice in there or any kind of fruit , whatever you want.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great posts, gents. Wherever you are, drink the water! If in Mexico, especially! ;)

Seriously, though... 10 lbs shouldn't be all that much if you can lose fast. Diet is key, and I'll mimick the coffee remark. Also look to add as much spicey food as possible into your diet. They'll help to burn fat as well - I believe are actually a mild thermogenic, right? At any rate, 5-6 meals, spread evenly throughout the day. And DO drink lots of water - atleast 1.5 gallons per day. More water = less water retention.

Depending on what you have access to, here's another possible diet scenario:

Meal 1 - 6 egg whites, 1 cup of oats
Meal 2 - 1/2 chicken breast, 1 cup veggies
Meal 3 - 1/2 chicken breast, 1 cup veggies, 1 cup brown rice
Meal 4 - 1/2 chicken breast, 1 cup veggies
Meal 5 - 4 oz baked white fish, 1 cup veggies, 1 cup br. rice
Meal 6 - 4 oz steak, 1 cup veggies

Lots of veggies, I know. But the carbs are low and healthy. You should get pretty much everything in there, too - fats, carbs, proteins.

Best of luck to ya! And thanks for serving - always appreciative. :thumbsup:

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Clen/T3 Stack.

Wow...where the hel did that come from...? He said simple not something that needs time,perfect diet,traigning AND he already been deployed so it wpuld be even more a pain.

P.S. - Just woke up so im crabby. if you respond i prolly wont casue i dont care.:ntome:

animalkrack3r

Awards
Wow...where the hel did that come from...? He said simple not something that needs time,perfect diet,traigning AND he already been deployed so it wpuld be even more a pain.

P.S. - Just woke up so im crabby. if you respond i prolly wont casue i dont care.
I actually was just kidding, I should of put a cliche smiley in there. oops!

Deployed

Awards
appreciate it timdull, the veggies, beef and chicken are doable most of the time, getting real eggs over here is whole nother story, any substitutes? they use the fake egg liquid here.

Deployed

Awards
thats the stuff they use i think. probably not the commercial stuff, and probably zero good stuff in it, if anything at all.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thats the stuff they use i think. probably not the commercial stuff, and probably zero good stuff in it, if anything at all.
Well, if it's anything like egg beaters, the sodium level might be way up in it - which would cause water retention. Again, drink as much as possible!

To substitute the eggs, can you make a protein shake? Do you have access to getting a jug of whey? If so, then 2 scoops of that, even in water, might be nice. Depending on what you get (and there'll be endless debate on this), but Syntrax's Nectar seems to be awesome for calorie content. It mixes easy in any container, has some great fruity flavors, and is best in straight water.

Now if you had some great access to a blender, I like:

2 scoops whey
1 banana
1/2 cup strawberries

Sugar content is rather high, but that recipe would mix well with chocolate, vanilla, PB, or fruit-flavored whey.

Lastly, if you have access to almonds, they'd be a good snack for you, too. They fit in any pocket, can be pulled out on the fly, and are great for EFAs. Just don't mistake them for small caliber rounds! ;)

Best of luck over there. Come home safe!!!!!:cheers:

Deployed

Awards
Lol, Thankyou Timdull, very doable advice, appreciate it much