Awards
  • Established
I would bet that report it wrong.

CROWLER

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
It doesn't reduce my urge to buy supplements.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
It doesn't reduce my urge to buy supplements.
That's a good idea for a supplement.

NO-Supplement (NO-S)

"The new breakthrough from Anabolic Innovations. Works so well you won't even want to buy anymore NO-S. But don't worry, Crowler will come to your house and threaten your life if you don't, garanteed!"

"Reduce urge to buy supplements!"

"Mind blowing monetary discipline!"

"Skin ripping insane portfolio balancing!"

"Orgamic mind altering saving ettiquette!"

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's a good idea for a supplement.

NO-Supplement (NO-S)

"The new breakthrough from Anabolic Innovations. Works so well you won't even want to buy anymore NO-S. But don't worry, Crowler will come to your house and threaten your life if you don't, garanteed!"

"Reduce urge to buy supplements!"

"Mind blowing monetary discipline!"

"Skin ripping insane portfolio balancing!"

"Orgamic mind altering saving ettiquette!"
I'd buy it.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Here's the Mechanics - NAC stimulates Glutamate, which stimulates Dopamine, the reward chemical, both directly and by reducing GABA.

By itself, NAC won't cure addictions (Gambling/Nicotine/Stims/Sex, etc.) but it's a good addition to further the effects of a Dopamine/NE Treatment Protocol.

NAC has a half life of 6.25 hours, dose at 0.6 gms or more, 3 -4X Daily.

This is a part, a small part, of how I got my brother in law off Meth, successfully, so far, after 3 months back in the Temptation World - Wellbutrin and Deprenyl and Modafinil and NAC and L-Phenyl 10 days beforehand for a baseline buildup, then he and I in a cabin in Montana,(Northern Garfield County) toughing it out with day hikes for 16 days on Coffee and Syntrax Nectar and Maltodextrin, and putting his manic ass to sleep with a half speed palm heel strike/push, Xanax and double shots of Jim Beam.

Tough Love, the Chemical Adapt and Nature Way.

I could have sliced him,tempted I was at times, left him to odor for Griz to chow on - Call me Humane, he never was aware that I was ranging back on one that was sloppy trailing our six on most days out and looking for a lazy meal.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I have a brother-in-law(twice rehabbed tweaker) who'd make a good meal for your griz friend.

But I'll try the NAC first.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Slightly different version of the article:

September 17, 2007

Don't gamble with NAC

The September 15, 2007 issue of the journal Biological Psychiatry published the results of a pilot study conducted by Jon E. Grant, MD and colleagues at the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis that consuming the amino acid N-acetyl cysteine (NAC) reduces the urge to gamble in individuals with gambling addictions, and may help reduce other addictions.

Fifteen men and twelve women treated for pathological gambling as determined by the Yale Brown Obsessive Compulsive Scale Modified for Pathological Gambling (PG-YBOCS) were given increasing doses of N-acetyl cysteine for eight weeks. At the end of the treatment period, average test scores had improved, with 16 of the participants classified as responders to the therapy. While three of the responders did not wish to risk discontinuing NAC, 13 entered a double-blind phase of the research, in which one group of subjects received N-acetyl-cysteine and the remainder received a placebo for six weeks. Eighty-three percent of those who received NAC responded favorably, compared with only 28.6 of those assigned to the placebo.

N-acetyl cysteine's effect on glutamate, which is frequently associated in the brain with reward, is likely to be the amino acid's mechanism of action in helping to control addiction. Similar studies with NAC have found positive effects against drug addictions in animals.

“It looks very promising,” stated Dr Grant, who is an associate professor of psychiatry at the University of Minnesota School of Medicine. “We were able to reduce people’s urges to gamble.”

Dr Grant is currently investigating NAC in methamphetamine users. “This research could be encouraging for a lot of addictions,” he said.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Here's the Mechanics - NAC stimulates Glutamate, which stimulates Dopamine, the reward chemical, both directly and by reducing GABA.

By itself, NAC won't cure addictions (Gambling/Nicotine/Stims/Sex, etc.) but it's a good addition to further the effects of a Dopamine/NE Treatment Protocol.

NAC has a half life of 6.25 hours, dose at 0.6 gms or more, 3 -4X Daily.

This is a part, a small part, of how I got my brother in law off Meth, successfully, so far, after 3 months back in the Temptation World - Wellbutrin and Deprenyl and Modafinil and NAC and L-Phenyl 10 days beforehand for a baseline buildup, then he and I in a cabin in Montana,(Northern Garfield County) toughing it out with day hikes for 16 days on Coffee and Syntrax Nectar and Maltodextrin, and putting his manic ass to sleep with a half speed palm heel strike/push, Xanax and double shots of Jim Beam.

Tough Love, the Chemical Adapt and Nature Way.

I could have sliced him,tempted I was at times, left him to odor for Griz to chow on - Call me Humane, he never was aware that I was ranging back on one that was sloppy trailing our six on most days out and looking for a lazy meal.

Did you actually write that?^:clap2: