Supplement Advice

JRodds

Awards
Let me start off by saying I'm new here but not to lifting, I am however also new to any forms of supplements besides the classic creatine and protein. Anyways two of my friends who I usually go to the gym with are going to be starting a cycle of AnEvol soon, I was also considering this until I did some research now I'm not too sure about it. So now I have a few questions.

1.First of all would one cycle of AnEvol really do that much damage?

2.I know while taking it that you shouldn't drink and to take an extra liver protectant, but is there anything else I should know about it? Also for post cycle therapy what are the names of products or supplements I would want to take to reduce the damage and retain the gains?

3.Is there any good substitutions for AnEvol that are a lot safer to take? Even if the gains aren't as quick I'm just looking for soemthing to burn fat and build up muscle so what would you all reccomend?

I'm kind of new to supplements in general so forgive me if any of these questions are stupid.

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Let me start off by saying I'm new here but not to lifting, I am however also new to any forms of supplements besides the classic creatine and protein. Anyways two of my friends who I usually go to the gym with are going to be starting a cycle of AnEvol soon, I was also considering this until I did some research now I'm not too sure about it. So now I have a few questions.

1.First of all would one cycle of AnEvol really do that much damage?

2.I know while taking it that you shouldn't drink and to take an extra liver protectant, but is there anything else I should know about it? Also for post cycle therapy what are the names of products or supplements I would want to take to reduce the damage and retain the gains?

3.Is there any good substitutions for AnEvol that are a lot safer to take? Even if the gains aren't as quick I'm just looking for soemthing to burn fat and build up muscle so what would you all reccomend?

I'm kind of new to supplements in general so forgive me if any of these questions are stupid.
One of the best combo's I've ever ran in my life...

Clout @ 2 scoops/day one in the AM, and one Preworkout
Body Octane @ 2 scoops/day (mixed in with Clout for taste)
X Factor @ 4 gels/day on in the AM, 2 preworkout, 1 at bed

You need 2 bottles of everything, and it's pricy, but I really enjoyed it... ~7lbs or so, slight loss in body fat, definitely felt great.

JRodds

Awards
How pricy exactly would all that be? Also if I were to do it what products would be good to take afterwards?

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
the stack rising mentioned is non hormonal. X-factor is a very simple but extremely clever and potent supplement. http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/630/x-factor.html

X-factor is made up of arachidonic acid. A basic essential fatty acid. If your diet goes well ( I mean extremely well. Cutting out Omega 3 fats for the full 50 day dosage) then your love your gains. As far as PH's go I would do some more research if I were you and your buddies. You need a SERM such as nolva. I would do some more researching on PH's if I were you.

As for the cycle of x-factor clout and body octane, x-factor is needed to be fun for a full 50 days so buying 2 bottles of each x-factor clout and body octane is needed. x-factor is pretty safe if you remember 50 days on, 50 days off. No PCT required for it. The price range for x-factor is 45 bucks for 1 bottle so 90 bucks for 2 bottles of x-factor. clout is 36 for a bottle so 2 bottles is 72. and body octane is 44. two bottles would mean 88 dollars. If you want to run that stack more at a better price I recommend Clout x2 bottles. and replace the body octane for bulk citrulline malate powder in bulk. dosing about 2-3 grams should show the benefits of body octane and is much more cost effeciant. the x-factor is a must but clout and body octane can be substituted.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
One of the best combo's I've ever ran in my life...

Clout @ 2 scoops/day one in the AM, and one Preworkout
Body Octane @ 2 scoops/day (mixed in with Clout for taste)
X Factor @ 4 gels/day on in the AM, 2 preworkout, 1 at bed

You need 2 bottles of everything, and it's pricy, but I really enjoyed it... ~7lbs or so, slight loss in body fat, definitely felt great.
Are you talkin 2 of each of the Clout and B.O.? Wow that would be pricey....

JRodds

Awards
Thanks for the replies I"m new to this if you couldn't tell. I got a few more questions now. Forgive me if theyre stupid I don't know all the technical terms you guys use. BTW if it helps at all I weigh 195 and am about 6'2" with ~19% body fat.

1.Is there any type of fat burner that would be ok to take with that stack I got a gut that I've been trying to get rid of for years that just won't go away?

2.If I were to do the x-factor would it be necessary to run all of that at once to get results or is there a cheaper way to go? Just right now 150+ dollars isn't something I could really afford to spend.

3. Omega-3s are found in fish and eggs right? Why do these need to be cut out?

4.Also what do the clout and body octane do for me while im using this stack?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the replies I"m new to this if you couldn't tell. I got a few more questions now. Forgive me if theyre stupid I don't know all the technical terms you guys use. BTW if it helps at all I weigh 195 and am about 6'2" with ~19% body fat.

1.Is there any type of fat burner that would be ok to take with that stack I got a gut that I've been trying to get rid of for years that just won't go away?

2.If I were to do the x-factor would it be necessary to run all of that at once to get results or is there a cheaper way to go? Just right now 150+ dollars isn't something I could really afford to spend.

How old are you? I don't think you said

JRodds

Awards
I'm 19. I just looked into body octane and clout, they seem almost as if they do the same thing is there any difference in their effects?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok, definitely scratch anevol off the list for another 2-3 years yet. The problem I would see with x-factor is that its also kind of expensive to eat on it as well. So if the $150 to buy the supps is stretching it, eating cleanly while taking it will really break you entirely. Its a great supplement, I have 2 bottles waiting to use, but definitely eats some $ up.

So before suggesting other options, whats your primary goal?

• bulk up - add 10lbs
  • gain strength
  • get ripped - lower bodyfat 5+% by loosing weight
  • recomp - stay around the same weight size, but loose fat while gaining muscle.
makes a big difference as to what to emphasize supplement or training wise

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established

x-factor is great for cut or bulk. agian, supplements wont do jack **** if your diet isnt in place. clean up your diet. there tons of fatburners out on the market but dont expect miracles. watching your diet will help you lose that body fat.

It's not neccesary to run everything together. I would say some good old x-factor itself is plenty with a good diet. The others are just there to help you during the gym (endurance wise and such to maximize gains)

correct. omega-3 are anti flamatory i believe while x factor causes inflamation i believe. dont quote me on this. I would advise checking out Molecular nutrition thread or PM a rep from MN. they/he might be able to answer your question better than I can.

body octane i know is for endurance. Citrulline malate has been known for reducing lactic acid build up. ( less fatique while working out) as for clout Im not sure. I believe it is a creatine with added benefits.

Here is what I pulled from the description from nutraplanet bulk CM.

What does it do?

1. Increases NO Production

So what is NO and what can it do for you? Nitric oxide is the cell-signaling molecule that has a part in regulating blood flow, oxygen delivery, glucose uptake, muscle firepower, and muscle growth. Obviously the ability to control these physiological effects can be of tremendous value to athletes.

Research has shown that supplementation of Citrulline raises Arginine levels more effectively than taking the same dose of straight Arginine. Keep in mind that Citrulline Malate's NO enhancing properties are just one of the unique benefits this nutrient offers to athletes. And if the enhanced pumps and improved nutrient delivery properties are the reason you are using Arginine based NO products, you need to pay attention to Citrulline Malate.

2. Reduces Lactic Acid and Ammonia

Here is something else you need to know about Citrulline... it is an intermediate in the Urea Cycle. The Urea Cycle is a system in the liver of carrier molecules and enzymes that convert nitrogenous wastes into urea and eliminates them from the body. The production and removal of urea is essential for the elimination of ammonia and toxic nitrogen metabolites. Ammonia is extremely toxic to all cells and excessive levels may even be fatal. Even in healthy athletes, the build up of ammonia can lead to extreme fatigue and dementia.

3. Increases ATP Production

No doubt there is a lot to get excited about when it comes to the performance enhancing potential of Citrulline Malate and how it works. Another study showed yet another way Citrulline Malate can benefit athletes - by increasing aerobic energy production. Studies show subjects using Citrulline Malate have an increase in the rate of muscle ATP (Andenosine Triphosphate, the major energy source within the cell) production during exercise and greater phosphocreatine recovery after exercise. So taking Citrulline Malate may result in muscles that can keep on going and going... completely smashing the aerobic threshold! These effects are more than likely mediated by the malate portion of the Citrulline Malate compound, which is a Krebs Cycle intermediate.

How much do I take?

Most people see fairly dramatic effects from 3-6 grams twice per day, but benefits from CM start much lower than that.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
I'm 19. I just looked into body octane and clout, they seem almost as if they do the same thing is there any difference in their effects?
yeah, if your 19 dont jump on the PH wagon. x-factor stack should be good enough.

JRodds

Awards
You guys have been very helpful, I'm definitely not doing the anevol after researching it more. I'm leaning towards the x-factor now, I'd say my main goal is to recomp as you put it. My diet is already mostly in check I used to weigh 240 about a year and a half ago until I completely switched my diet around then the weight just fell off. If it would help I could tell you what I typically eat during a day, also buying food wouldn't be a problem as I still live at home and my parents take care of that.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
You guys have been very helpful, I'm definitely not doing the anevol after researching it more. I'm leaning towards the x-factor now, I'd say my main goal is to recomp as you put it. My diet is already mostly in check I used to weigh 240 about a year and a half ago until I completely switched my diet around then the weight just fell off. If it would help I could tell you what I typically eat during a day, also buying food wouldn't be a problem as I still live at home and my parents take care of that.
haha. you can you list your diet if you want. Ill take a look at it. Lucky you btw. Im 18 and live at home, My parents complain that im getting to big and fat. They buy food now and then but i gotta get most of it myself :[

JRodds

Awards
Ok well after looking at all this I think I'm gonna do a cycle of xfactor along with body octane. I need to get two bottles of each right? How does that sound? Anymore suggestions?

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Ok well after looking at all this I think I'm gonna do a cycle of xfactor along with body octane. I need to get two bottles of each right? How does that sound? Anymore suggestions?
I would supplement body octane for bulk citrulline malate, MUUCH cheaper and works pretty much the same way. with that price you can get bulk beta allinine as well to throw in there. GL!

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would supplement body octane for bulk citrulline malate, MUUCH cheaper and works pretty much the same way. with that price you can get bulk beta allinine as well to throw in there. GL!
I disagree... Body Octane is MUCH more than citrulline malate... Try it vs the bulk powders as well, the price is actually cheaper than buying bulk powders...

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
I disagree... Body Octane is MUCH more than citrulline malate... Try it vs the bulk powders as well, the price is actually cheaper than buying bulk powders...

I disagree. As a beginner it's best to see what works and what doesnt work ( in my opinion) body octane which contains 50 servings will last you about 2 months? I bought 25 serving bulk powder of Citrulline Malate for 10 bucks. 50 servings would be 20 bucks. For what its worth the main ingredience in body octane is CM. I dont see much of anything else. I havent ried body Octane but I have tried bulk Citrulline Malate powder and it's pretty impressive and cheap. Now 24 bucks extra in the Body Octane gives you what? Im not saying its a bad product. Citrulline Malate products are all good in my opinion I think it's just expensive for a newbie especially for what his cycle is going for with the x-factor and such.

edit- from a college students perspective ( me ) I would buy the CM over body octane considering that they are "almost" the same with a little added benefits. Thats just me however, Im broke as hell and cant afford luxury CM :p

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I disagree. As a beginner it's best to see what works and what doesnt work ( in my opinion) body octane which contains 50 servings will last you about 2 months? I bought 25 serving bulk powder of Citrulline Malate for 10 bucks. 50 servings would be 20 bucks. For what its worth the main ingredience in body octane is CM. I dont see much of anything else. I havent ried body Octane but I have tried bulk Citrulline Malate powder and it's pretty impressive and cheap. Now 24 bucks extra in the Body Octane gives you what? Im not saying its a bad product. Citrulline Malate products are all good in my opinion I think it's just expensive for a newbie especially for what his cycle is going for with the x-factor and such.

edit- from a college students perspective ( me ) I would buy the CM over body octane considering that they are "almost" the same with a little added benefits. Thats just me however, Im broke as hell and cant afford luxury CM :p
Ahem:

Originally Posted by dwm230000
A 50 serving container of MAN Body Octane High-Voltage sells at retail sites for $43-$48. Here is a price comparison:

175g bulk Citrulline Malate = $23.33
50g bulk Glucuronolactone = $5.00
80g bulk Beta-Alanine = $8.00
37.5g bulk L-Aspartic Acid = $1.88
50g bulk Acetyl-L-Carnitine = $4.67
12.5g bulk Histidine = $1.88
Total bulk price = $44.76

Body Octane also includes these ingredients per serving which were not included in the $44.76 bulk total:
Vitamin B6 5mg
Vitamin B12 15mcg
Pantothenic Acid 10mg
Niacin 25mg
Folic Acid 400mcg

Body Octane also includes a flavor system which was not included in the bulk total.

Notes:
- I used the bulk price of Acetyl-L-Carnitine as a substitute for L-Carnitine L-Tartrate because I could not find LCLT in bulk. I am fairly sure the prices of these two would be close if/when LCLT is available in bulk.

- bulk prices converted for comparison; 75g Citrulline Malate for $10.00; 50g Glucuronolactone for $5.00; 100g Beta-Alanine for $10.00; 100g L-Aspartic Acid for $5.00; 75g Acetyl-L-Carnitine for $7.00; 100g bulk Histidine for $15.00

- I don't think I need to say much about how good a deal Body Octane is. It should be obvious by looking at the numbers. This product is pretty much as good a deal as you are going to find as a consumer IMO. It would most likely cost you more to try and put this formula together yourself instead of buying the product.

Originally Posted by whitedevil74
Orotine = 150 grams = $15.00
Beta-Alanine = 80 grams = $6.40
Acetyl L-Carnitine HCL: = 75 grans = $7.00
Inositol Hexa Phosphate (IP6) = 25 grams = $2.00
N-Acetyl Cysteine = 25 grams = $2.50
Magnesium Orotate = 25 grams = $2.00
Orotic Acid = 25 grams = $2.25
Vinpocetine = 400mg or half a gram = $3.00

TOTAL BULK PRICE = $40.15
Clout (btw)

This does not even include the flavor system or some of the other ingredients. This is the only supplement I have ever seen that is cheaper to buy from a store than to make it yourself. How MAN is making money off this I have no idea. They also don;t hide behind a proprietary blend, they list exactly what you get and I like that quite a bit. Also, the ingredient profile can't be beat, there are no fillers and everything has benefit.
And in further comparison, I have gone both routes, and cannot come close to competing with the effectiveness I had from BO versus bulk powders. ALCAR (PLCAR) is insane.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
haha! good point. My arguement still stands tho. Lets say I dont want all the added extras :D. I think the added Beta Alinine and Citrulline Malate in bulk is good enough for me. True, If you put Octane is that type of breakdown where all the ingredience are listed it is quite cheap but if you think about exactly how much more are we comparing body octane to regular bulk? If body octane were lets say twice as effective as bulk CM then heck sure Id buy it but just on my viewpoint its just a bit better than CM and Beta Alinine bulk itself. Just from my views, As someone who doesnt have all that money why would I need all the other ingredience in bulk? Yes its true that its more beneficial IF you want everything that body octane has to offer to buy the product itself but for those who want the basics of the product for the Citrulline Malate then why not buy bulk powder itself. Would you rather spend 10-15 bucks on bulk powder mono creatine or buy a product thats a bit better than mono for an extra added 20 bucks?

So in conclusion it is true that price is very close when getting bulk vs the body octane itself but why complicate things with the other ingredience? the whole point of the body octane is so you can get the benefits of the CM, now why pay extra for it?

I dont know how strong my arguement is but im stubborn as hell. Haha, I have my viewpoints and others certianyl have theirs. No biggie :] just coming from someone who doesnt have all that money to buy tons of supplements, I think bulk CM is better because in reality when you buy a product your looking for something in it. eg. Leviathan lets say for fat loss. yes it has more benefits for fat lost but for a goal of fat loss Yohimbine and green tea caps fit your goal in mind at a better price. thats how I see it anyways :p

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
haha! good point. My arguement still stands tho. Lets say I dont want all the added extras :D. I think the added Beta Alinine and Citrulline Malate in bulk is good enough for me. True, If you put Octane is that type of breakdown where all the ingredience are listed it is quite cheap but if you think about exactly how much more are we comparing body octane to regular bulk? If body octane were lets say twice as effective as bulk CM then heck sure Id buy it but just on my viewpoint its just a bit better than CM and Beta Alinine bulk itself. Just from my views, As someone who doesnt have all that money why would I need all the other ingredience in bulk? Yes its true that its more beneficial IF you want everything that body octane has to offer to buy the product itself but for those who want the basics of the product for the Citrulline Malate then why not buy bulk powder itself. Would you rather spend 10-15 bucks on bulk powder mono creatine or buy a product thats a bit better than mono for an extra added 20 bucks?

So in conclusion it is true that price is very close when getting bulk vs the body octane itself but why complicate things with the other ingredience? the whole point of the body octane is so you can get the benefits of the CM, now why pay extra for it?

I dont know how strong my arguement is but im stubborn as hell. Haha, I have my viewpoints and others certianyl have theirs. No biggie :] just coming from someone who doesnt have all that money to buy tons of supplements, I think bulk CM is better because in reality when you buy a product your looking for something in it. eg. Leviathan lets say for fat loss. yes it has more benefits for fat lost but for a goal of fat loss Yohimbine and green tea caps fit your goal in mind at a better price. thats how I see it anyways :p
It's not just that... the product in Body Octane provide a synergy... IMO, if you get the money, buy a tub and give it your own opinion, or when I get my company back up and running, I will send you a tub if you log it, and then we can re-evaluate your feelings/opinions.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
It's not just that... the product in Body Octane provide a synergy... IMO, if you get the money, buy a tub and give it your own opinion, or when I get my company back up and running, I will send you a tub if you log it, and then we can re-evaluate your feelings/opinions.
haha will do :). give me a PM when you do. but for now citrulline malate for the broke college student will do :cheers:

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
haha will do :). give me a PM when you do. but for now citrulline malate for the broke college student will do :cheers:
I can definitely understand the "broke college student" portion... so I won't push the matter further. lol I myself am a "broke college dropout" so it works.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
I can definitely understand the "broke college student" portion... so I won't push the matter further. lol I myself am a "broke college dropout" so it works.
ah. Im broke indeed alright. hmn would you say I could make a good lawyer? Im in school right now for forensic phychology but the schooling is insane. Ill be 30 before I get out of school! Maybe I could make a good lawyer! :djparty:

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ah. Im broke indeed alright. hmn would you say I could make a good lawyer? Im in school right now for forensic phychology but the schooling is insane. Ill be 30 before I get out of school! Maybe I could make a good lawyer! :djparty:
I have 12 more years to go myself... Lawyers are overrated in terms of pay, you have to be REALLY good to go anywhere ;) I plan on being the lowest paid professional there is (Teacher), so it's not like I'm in it for the money.. but I also intend to do other things that I love alongside, hence the 12 years of schooling vs the usual 4-6.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
no problem! I like helping people out. I wish I got as much help when I started off on some other websites. Now I get to give my share of help :D

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
I have 12 more years to go myself... Lawyers are overrated in terms of pay, you have to be REALLY good to go anywhere ;) I plan on being the lowest paid professional there is (Teacher), so it's not like I'm in it for the money.. but I also intend to do other things that I love alongside, hence the 12 years of schooling vs the usual 4-6.
just a tip for you. do NOT teach elementry school. I was tutor for little kids back in high school. They make you want to pick one of them up and throw them out the window. thats just my opinion tho, I realized I wasnt good with kids. I can teach them, I just get annoyed at them very easily :rasp:

JRodds

Awards
Well I'm not the typical 'broke college student' (delivering pizzas is good money) it's just i got lots of other **** to pay for. Plus I live in Mass. where everything more expensive. Even though I could afford expensive supplements it's just not something I wanna spend hundreds of dollars on. BTW with the x-factor while on a cycle is it ok to drink alcohol?

JRodds

Awards
just a tip for you. do NOT teach elementry school. I was tutor for little kids back in high school. They make you want to pick one of them up and throw them out the window. thats just my opinion tho, I realized I wasnt good with kids. I can teach them, I just get annoyed at them very easily :rasp:
Yeah I was planning on being a teacher last year so I took some courses, one of which involved a service learning program with a 5th grade class. It's basically where you go in and are a teacher's assistant, lets just say after a semester of that once a week I changed my major to business.

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
Def stay away from the test boosters..or some poor kid is going to be the next lawndart....hahahha

JRodds

Awards
Few more questions.

1. Is it ok to drink while on x-factor?

2.While on x-factor what should my diet be, I'm assuming high in protein what else? And what common foods would you reccomend?

3. Also I recently just started having to pick up extra hours at work since one of our drivers is gone and I'm training to be a manager while picking up his hours, so I'm working a few 10am-1am shifts. Looking at my schedule I'd be able to get to the gym maybe 4 or 5 times a week would this be alright?

Prolly going to pick this stuff up today.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I was planning on being a teacher last year so I took some courses, one of which involved a service learning program with a 5th grade class. It's basically where you go in and are a teacher's assistant, lets just say after a semester of that once a week I changed my major to business.
uh i dont think you should drink alcohol at ALL if your serious about packing in mass. think of it this way it would be a waste of your money no matter what you buy if you drank alcohol. one or two shots maybe a every month or two wont kill you, but it sure wont be good for packing mass either.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Few more questions.

1. Is it ok to drink while on x-factor?

its not okay to drink period while your packing in mass. you can have a drink or two of vodka like maybe every two months or so but still i would try to limit alcohol intake. I understand your a college student. ( believe me im missing all the parties too )

2.While on x-factor what should my diet be, I'm assuming high in protein what else? And what common foods would you reccomend?

Um yeah high protien and avoid Omega-3 fats for the 50 days your on it. Remember this much about x-factor, It IS what you eat that will determine your results. so drinking I would say is out of the question. As far as food, I would say try to avoid fish and things like peanut butter I believe. ( maybe a rep can be more specific )

3. Also I recently just started having to pick up extra hours at work since one of our drivers is gone and I'm training to be a manager while picking up his hours, so I'm working a few 10am-1am shifts. Looking at my schedule I'd be able to get to the gym maybe 4 or 5 times a week would this be alright?

I used to work out 3 times a week and I got some huge cases of DOMS. Expect DOMS while on x-factor. you'll grow to love the morning pains where you wake up and feel like you got hit by a truck. I would say 4 times is plenty. you can do 5 if you want. keep in mind intensity is the key.

Prolly going to pick this stuff up today.

Good Luck! :thumbsup:

Edit- also here's a link to MN's review. They took these off of bodybuilding.com so it's just a general overview of what your in for but i think youll like it!

MOLECULAR NUTRITION - X-FACTOR

JRodds

Awards
Well the only thing I'm worried about pertaining to drinking is Halloween, don't wanna miss the parties then. Besides that I could go the 2 months without drinking, so would one night of drinking screw up the whole thing? Also since I work at a pizza place, and sometimes I'm stuck there all day, and since theres alot of downtime we dont really get lunch breaks persay, I'm just looking for something I could bring to work for lunch and dinner that is easy enough to make at home and have ready quickly, so any suggestions?

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well the only thing I'm worried about pertaining to drinking is Halloween, don't wanna miss the parties then. Besides that I could go the 2 months without drinking, so would one night of drinking screw up the whole thing?
Allow me to simplify his point:

You're either in or out. You're either dedicated or posing. You're either gay or straight... see my point?

Dude, you can do whatever you want, it's your body, the point we're trying to make is, WHY bother working on perfecting your body if you're gonna piss it away by partying... You may as well skip lifting, get the partying out of your system and come back to lifting when you're done and all grown up and ready to tackle it head on.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established

You're either in or out. You're either dedicated or posing. You're either gay or straight... see my point?

Dude, you can do whatever you want, it's your body, the point we're trying to make is, WHY bother working on perfecting your body if you're gonna piss it away by partying... You may as well skip lifting, get the partying out of your system and come back to lifting when you're done and all grown up and ready to tackle it head on.
well put :]

damn I hate being a rep whore

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to RisingAgainst again.

I myself am in college too. I try to avoid all the booze possible. I go to parties and once in awhile and I feel sorta left out sometimes. Go to a big party and avoid the drinks. I know that when I drink if i take even half a beer or a few sips ill feel guilty as hell about it for a day or two.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

C'mon, dude. Not everything has to be all or nothing; not everyone has to dedicate everything to a singular goal. Nothing wrong with doing so, but there's also nothing wrong with balance, or having fun.

I'd say better something than nothing at all. And this is hardly imbalanced:

Well the only thing I'm worried about pertaining to drinking is Halloween, don't wanna miss the parties then. Besides that I could go the 2 months without drinking, so would one night of drinking screw up the whole thing?

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
C'mon, dude. Not everything has to be all or nothing; not everyone has to dedicate everything to a singular goal. Nothing wrong with doing so, but there's also nothing wrong with balance, or having fun.

I'd say better something than nothing at all.
I know, you're actually right, I was just being a hard ass ;) I personally don't drink, but that's not JUST because it affects my health.. ;) What I guess I'm trying to say, is that at 19, I would be more focused on school and ass and my body than drinking on halloween and stealing candy from kids.. LOL!

JRodds

Awards

Point taken. I was choosing now to do it anyways since I just started classes again, gotta work extra hours for a few months, so I figured I wouldn't have much time for anything else anyways besides going to the gym. Anyways pertaining to my other question, what would be some good food to bring to work (since I don't want to eat the food we make there) that'd be easy to pack and doesn't require cooking, or that I could eat cold?

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Point taken. I was choosing now to do it anyways since I just started classes again, gotta work extra hours for a few months, so I figured I wouldn't have much time for anything else anyways besides going to the gym. Anyways pertaining to my other question, what would be some good food to bring to work (since I don't want to eat the food we make there) that'd be easy to pack and doesn't require cooking, or that I could eat cold?
I like the salmon steaks that come in the little pouches with different flavorings... I eat trail mix, beef jerky, actually, I eat quite a bit unless I'm dieting down... There's a billion options.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
some protien shakes, whole wheat bread sandwiches with turkey. or you can cook some food up once a week and store it in your fridge. that way you have enough for the week. I used to make whole wheat pasta with chicken bits in it and some tomato sauce. :thumbsup: tasted great but got bored of chicken.

JRodds

Awards
I know, you're actually right, I was just being a hard ass ;) I personally don't drink, but that's not JUST because it affects my health.. ;) What I guess I'm trying to say, is that at 19, I would be more focused on school and ass and my body than drinking on halloween and stealing candy from kids.. LOL!
I don't steal candy from children, as for ass with my schedule the next couple months I'm not gonna have time to focus on anything but school, work, and the gym. Can't wait til november ugh.

JRodds

Awards
Whole wheat bread with turkey is my normal lunch when im not working so that works great! BTW thanks for all the quick responses one of the most helpful forums I've ever been to.

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Cellardude
some protien shakes, whole wheat bread sandwiches with turkey. or you can cook some food up once a week and store it in your fridge. that way you have enough for the week. I used to make whole wheat pasta with chicken bits in it and some tomato sauce. tasted great but got bored of chicken.
I like that combo, or a parmesean/fake butter spray ;)

I don't steal candy from children, as for ass with my schedule the next couple months I'm not gonna have time to focus on anything but school, work, and the gym. Can't wait til november ugh.
I wasn't implying that, just being a smart ass bro. ;)

JRodds

Awards
I know the candy part wasn't serious, no offense taken anyways :)

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Whole wheat bread with turkey is my normal lunch when im not working so that works great! BTW thanks for all the quick responses one of the most helpful forums I've ever been to.
no problemo. always here to help.:head:

JRodds

Awards
This might be a stupid question but I'm asking anyways. Is there any type of protein that comes in a pill form, seeing as on those long days at work (9am-1am) I usually don't have time to mix a shake or anything it'd be a lot more convenient if I could just pop some pills quickly.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
This might be a stupid question but I'm asking anyways. Is there any type of protein that comes in a pill form, seeing as on those long days at work (9am-1am) I usually don't have time to mix a shake or anything it'd be a lot more convenient if I could just pop some pills quickly.
man that sure would be the day. I dont think there is such thing like that but im sure you dont need to mix shakes. just buy a shaker bottle and a protien shake. store the powder in a little ziplock bag already scooped and measured and dump it in at work. viola you got yourself a protien shake me 2 minutes.

Grimmy

Grimmy

Awards

Body Octane also has a decent serving of Beta-alanine, which in my opinion help more in the long run. I see that I have a crown now, I would like to know how I got it.