supplement/food for increase endurance...

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
So I started Fall training for baseball in college, and during the last stretch of our training today my legs just completely gave out on me and I felt like I was going to throw up, so I went to the bathroom and finished the rest of the time in there. I could not have ran another 10 ft. without collapsing to be honest. My coach was pretty upset and thought I was just trying to get out of doing the stuff. At the time we were doing different agilities (lunges, spider crawl, reverse curls, etc..) I consider myself to be in pretty good shape, but I guess I should have done a little more stuff like that in the off-season.

So besides just time, is there any supplements/ and or food that I can be taking in to help speed up the process of increasing my endurance (particularly in my legs.) I did drink a cup of coffee before the lift, and that obviously didn't help...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
bump

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
You bumpedafter 3 minutes....I choose not to respond till someone else does.
Also, just cofee is a bad idea. Little to NO nutritional value.
Not doing alot iont eh off season also played a huge roll, and sounds like you just pushed to hard to fast.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
hey bro there are few things you can try that i think might help
1. Citrulline Malate
Citrulline Malate (100 grams) By NutraPlanet
2. Creatine
Creatine Monohydrate (100 grams) By NutraPlanet
I personally prefer DiCreatine Malate
DiCreatine Malate (100 grams) By NutraPlanet
3. Beta Alanine
Beta-Alanine (100 grams) By NutraPlanet
Those are the basic bulk powders. If you want to get into the better tasting supplements and stuff I recommend White Flood, Green Magnitude and Xtend. You can also throw in some extra bulk Citrulline Malate if you want. There are tons of products out there but those are the basics I recommend. Gives me awesome stamina/energy for cardio. Good Luck!

-Cellardude

Edit- Swell by Nibus Nutrition also looks good.
Swell (530 grams) By Nimbus Nutrition

It has a combo of Beata alanine and Citrulline Malate as well as the posiedon complex to keep you hydrated while your running. Great add to your arsenal in my opinion. Throw in some creatine and your good to go bro!

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
RPM-Posiedon-Multi-Whey
BCAA-Citrulline Malate-Whey-Multi
RPM-BCAA-Posiedon-Multi-Whey
My only ideas for now.
As above, plenty of Complex carbs and H2O

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Yea...now get in here and acknowledge us!

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Actually i disagree with the mono. He will get to much water retention especially in sports with the amount of water intake. And it's just more "weight" to carry around. Maybe can't afford to be more "bulky"

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Actually i disagree with the mono. He will get to much water retention especially in sports with the amount of water intake. And it's just more "weight" to carry around. Maybe can't afford to be more "bulky"
true but ive read articles that said that creatine has benefits for sports. heres the clip from the article I found on BN.com

2.5: What types of athletes can benefit from creatine supplementation?

The effects of creatine in many types of athletes has been researched, sometimes in sport-specific activities. Some of the various populations and exercises that have improved after creatine supplementation are listed here.

Weight lifting

Many studies have examined the effects of creatine on resistance training performance, using one rep maximum as the performance measure. A meta-analysis of sixteen placebo-controlled studies on resistance trained males published in 2002 found creatine supplementation to increase one rep maximum for bench press by an average of 15.07 lbs. and one rep maximum for squat by an average of 21.47 lbs. Another review looked at improvements in 1, 3, and 10 rep maximums following creatine supplementation and found an average of an 8% greater increase compared to placebo. The review also found an improvement of weight lifting performance measured by an increase in the number of repititions at a given percentage of maximal strength of 14% relative to placebo.

Swimming

The effect of creatine (.3 g/kg loading followed by 2.25 g maintenance) or placebo on swimming performance on 50 and 100 y sprints was measured in fifteen Division III swimmers. The subjects given creatine had improved performance compared to pre-supplementation on both events. Another study in junior swimmers found no improvement in single sprints from creatine supplementation, but did find an enhancement of swim bench test performance. Multiple other studies have also found creatine to improve swimming performance.

Soccer

A recent study examined the effects of three doses of 10 g creatine daily or placebo in twenty male soccer players over the course of seven days. Performance on a number of soccer-related tests was measured. Creatine improved performance on the dribble test, sprint-power test, and vertical jump test. These tasks rely primarily on the ATP-PCr system. Creatine failed to improve endurance performance in these subjects. The authors concluded that creatine improved soccer-specific skills in young soccer players. Four previous studies have also found impoved performance on similar tests from creatine supplementation in highly trained soccer players.

Cycling

A number of studies have found creatine to improve cycling performance, especially sprint performance followed by short rest periods. Additionally, creatine may even improve endurance cycling performance.

Sprinting

Creatine appears to improve sprint performance, but not to the same degree as most other forms of exercise. While some studies indicate a benefit, others do not. It is possible that the increase in body mass makes a larger difference here.

Rowing

A study examined the effect of creatine (20 g daily) or placebo for five days on exercise tests in elite rowers. It found that creatine increased the exercise time for anaerobic exercise against a constant load in this study population. However, another study did not find an improvement from creatine supplementation in a high intensity rowing and strength program.

Wrestling

In one study, 20 international level wrestlers were given creatine (four doses of 5 g daily) or placebo and underwent Wingate anaerobic tests. There was significant improvement after supplementation with creatine, but not placebo.

edit- baseball isnt in here but the same concept applies.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
let me rephrase my sentence....
I disagree with mono...but NOT creatine. Thats may be more suitable. We all know mono is notorious for bloat and water weight. I know CEE is expensive but maybe he'd take to that well.
I said this about 4 times in 2 days. i use Universal Nut. Storm and love it. No extra "water weight" and it is definetly keeping me strong. I ran out of BCAA but i used o mix them together for during my WO. I may try to add some Cit Mal. or something else to help out with a pump. right now i have WTF pumped though.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
let me rephrase my sentence....
I disagree with mono...but NOT creatine. Thats may be more suitable. We all know mono is notorious for bloat and water weight. I know CEE is expensive but maybe he'd take to that well.
I said this about 4 times in 2 days. i use Universal Nut. Storm and love it. No extra "water weight" and it is definetly keeping me strong. I ran out of BCAA but i used o mix them together for during my WO. I may try to add some Cit Mal. or something else to help out with a pump. right now i have WTF pumped though.
haha. sorry mental. I agree mono causes a lot of bloat/ water retention. There has been a lot of debate going on about CEE and its effectiveness as well. What about Dicreatine Malate? I wasnt able to check for water retention myself because I switched instantly from Mono to Dicreatine malate. anyone care to shed some light :D?

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I wanted to look into DiCreatine MAlate never had time. I know CEE is always under debate. It's is very very mixed on who is responding. The ones that do LOVE it, others use it as a test booster. Casue they get so angry it din't work! haha

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
I wanted to look into DiCreatine MAlate never had time. I know CEE is always under debate. It's is very very mixed on who is responding. The ones that do LOVE it, others use it as a test booster. Casue they get so angry it din't work! haha
haha. you should try DiCreatine Malate when you get a chance. Ive switched up from Mono to Dicreatine, better strength on Dicreatine and less bloats. get some bulk powder to test it out and then try green magnitude when you get the chance. awesome product.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to MentalTwitch again.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
haha. you should try DiCreatine Malate when you get a chance. Ive switched up from Mono to Dicreatine, better strength on Dicreatine and less bloats. get some bulk powder to test it out and then try green magnitude when you get the chance. awesome product.
I rememebr gettin a smaple of GM and i couldn't take the taste. Ill just grab some DiC Malate and mix it in some gatorade or tea.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
I rememebr gettin a smaple of GM and i couldn't take the taste. Ill just grab some DiC Malate and mix it in some gatorade or tea.
haha. which flavor? I actually love GM taste. I consider it my cheat drink of the day. 1 1/2 cups of freezing ice cold water with an ice cube or two with sour apple GM. hits the spot. no lie.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
haha. which flavor? I actually love GM taste. I consider it my cheat drink of the day. 1 1/2 cups of freezing ice cold water with an ice cube or two with sour apple GM. hits the spot. no lie.
Not sure...? i din't know there were different flavors...green apple rings a bell. Maybe ill try it out again.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
I heard dicreatine malate is pretty tasteless. mix it in with some flavoring of some sort. I think im going to try to make my own supplement in a few months :D. make it with all this stuff that i recommended above and some others.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
I heard that electric lemonade was extremely tasty too. gotta mix with plenty of water tho.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I heard that electric lemonade was extremely tasty too. gotta mix with plenty of water tho.
AH HA! Thats what it was. Green Apple is what i saw on the add, and was like"wow i hope that one doesnt taste lik a$$" Lemonade was it casue i rememebr the color. It was when i got the PW, GM, and WF samples. PW i could barley get down too though.(i know that is EAAs) Well i do like sour and green apple flavoring usually, as long as it is not like NO Shotgun type green apple cinnomin a$$ style...aka vomit!

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
AH HA! Thats what it was. Green Apple is what i saw on the add, and was like"wow i hope that one doesnt taste lik a$$" Lemonade was it casue i rememebr the color. It was when i got the PW, GM, and WF samples. PW i could barley get down too though.(i know that is EAAs) Well i do like sour and green apple flavoring usually, as long as it is not like NO Shotgun type green apple cinnomin a$$ style...aka vomit!
haha. ive tried purple wraath. its not that bad. it has a distinct taste to it. sorta like a grape punch version of ovaltine. not terrible but still its EAA.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
sorry for the pre-mature bump but there were a lot of threads coming up in the order, and I didnt want this one to get overlooked...but anyway thanks a lot for all the info. I did have a protein shake as well before lift, but I did not take in any complex carbs...

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
sorry for the pre-mature bump but there were a lot of threads coming up in the order, and I didnt want this one to get overlooked...but anyway thanks a lot for all the info. I did have a protein shake as well before lift, but I did not take in any complex carbs...
One of my favortie food preWO maybe an hour..Whole wheat bagel half with PB and the other with honey. So good.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
1. Citrulline Malate
2. Creatine
3. Beta Alanine
Those are the basic bulk powders. If you want to get into the better tasting supplements and stuff I recommend White Flood, Green Magnitude and Xtend. You can also throw in some extra bulk Citrulline Malate if you want. There are tons of products out there but those are the basics I recommend. Gives me awesome stamina/energy for cardio. Good Luck!

-Cellardude

It has a combo of Beata alanine and Citrulline Malate as well as the posiedon complex to keep you hydrated while your running. Great add to your arsenal in my opinion. Throw in some creatine and your good to go bro!
Add in some Cordygen5, too. I would put it up there with citrulline for endurance.

And yes, eat more carbs, too.

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
1. Citrulline Malate
2. Creatine
3. Beta Alanine

-Cellardude

Agreed, Poseidon and/or SWELL would be a perfect fit for your training regimen.

Workin

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
RPM-Posiedon-Multi-Whey
BCAA-Citrulline Malate-Whey-Multi
RPM-BCAA-Posiedon-Multi-Whey
My only ideas for now.
As above, plenty of Complex carbs and H2O

RPM is a good product, but recommending a stim for this kind of an activity isnt a good idea.

AEN's beta alanine, MST's Codyigen product, some complex carbs about 45 mins before , poseiden + gatorade water mix to sip on during activity, learn to breath better.

Dont eat to heavy before the activity in question.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
RPM is a good product, but recommending a stim for this kind of an activity isnt a good idea.

AEN's beta alanine, MST's Codyigen product, some complex carbs about 45 mins before , poseiden + gatorade water mix to sip on during activity, learn to breath better.

Dont eat to heavy before the activity in question.
Why is a stim not a good idea? I am guessin he is using it for his practices and training day and not game days. Alot of people use RPM on cardio days. He'll get endurance, strength and overall effects.
So why not for "this kind" of activity...?

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Why is a stim not a good idea? I am guessin he is using it for his practices and training day and not game days. Alot of people use RPM on cardio days. He'll get endurance, strength and overall effects.
So why not for "this kind" of activity...?

well, stims have the potential to increase blood pressure, breathing, and heart rate also can increase pontential for heat exhaustion, along with the idea that some stims have diuretic effects. Yes people take them during cardio and for cutting, I just wouldnt recommend taking stims during cardio work for sports during the summer outside.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
good posting. ^
agreed. Good idea behind it. I still think that maybe RPM at half dose would be ok. Often times he will have enough water. He said he tried coffee, i do get a diuretic effect from coffee and green tea. I guess also better to be safe and just take the initial first route Cell put up, minus the mono...:thumbsup:
Reps comin your way...

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
haha. i would rep you too rugger but i showed WAY too much loving in the past 24 hours :(

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
haha. i would rep you too rugger but i showed WAY too much loving in the past 24 hours :(

One of the negative sides of being a whore....been there. I still keep tryin to give reps so i can getthem toyou Cell...it may be awhile.
Time for work.
later fellas.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
thanks alot guys for all the great info, i couldn't have asked for a better response...

Cheers

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Im thinking about going with some Poseidon, and I also have some Kre-Alkalyn on hand, what do you guys think about that combo?

Is it enough, too much? Should I add anything else?

I must also mention that i AM in college and I have very very limited funds.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
well, poseidon is a great product BUT i have a better product in mind. SWELL by nimbus nutrition ( same company that makes poseidon) has a new product. their new product has what we were debating about. both poseidon complex ( you get the benefits of poseidon ) plus the additional beta alinine and citrulline malate. Great combo. Couldnt have made a better product in my opinion. you can find SWELL for 40 bucks online at the one and only planet.

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/1470/swell.html

check it out.

I too am in college and my funds are limited. so SWELL being the 3 in one that it is is a great choice.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
anything by nimbus is a great choice :thumbsup:

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
well, poseidon is a great product BUT i have a better product in mind. SWELL by nimbus nutrition ( same company that makes poseidon) has a new product. their new product has what we were debating about. both poseidon complex ( you get the benefits of poseidon ) plus the additional beta alinine and citrulline malate. Great combo. Couldnt have made a better product in my opinion. you can find SWELL for 40 bucks online at the one and only planet.

check it out.

I too am in college and my funds are limited. so SWELL being the 3 in one that it is is a great choice.
I'd be willing to try this instead of poseidon and storm. This is the same idea.
SWELL has alot of B12 it seems, and i supp B12 already. So maybe i'll wait on it and just do the others. Also, Storm has Dicreatine Mal in it i just saw. I hate having to figure these thigns out.
Whos the avi Cell?

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
I'd be willing to try this instead of poseidon and storm. This is the same idea.
SWELL has alot of B12 it seems, and i supp B12 already. So maybe i'll wait on it and just do the others. Also, Storm has Dicreatine Mal in it i just saw. I hate having to figure these thigns out.
Whos the avi Cell?
One thing to remember when looking at the form of B-12 in Poseidon, SWELL and BLAST is that the majority comes from Methyl B-12 (Methylcobalamin)...a VERY different animal than regular B-12 (cyanocobalamin).

This article will help you understand all the benefits of Methyl B-12: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nimbus-nutrition/59886-poseidon-methylcobalamin.html#post731612

Hope that helps! ;)

Workin

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
well, stims have the potential to increase blood pressure, breathing, and heart rate also can increase pontential for heat exhaustion, along with the idea that some stims have diuretic effects. Yes people take them during cardio and for cutting, I just wouldnt recommend taking stims during cardio work for sports during the summer outside.
Caffeine has been proven time and again to increase endurance, co-ordination, and performance in long endurance-type activities, as well as to NOT having diuretic activity when taken pre-activity. And we're talking doses in the 600-800mg range here.

RPM's only stim is caffeine/chocomine.

I highly recommend Champion Nutritions Revenge Pro drink pre- and during cardio for those who partake in competitive endurance activities.

http://www.champion-nutrition.com/champion/products/revenge_pro.php