what are your thoughts on protein serum (link) - AnabolicMinds.com

what are your thoughts on protein serum (link)

  1. sundevil04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    273
    Rep Power
    243

    Reputation

  2. EctoPower's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    36
    Posts
    878
    Rep Power
    529

    Reputation

    Jesus christ, who is going to believe that BS from a company called "Body Genie?" Seriously? Friggin Body Genie.

    Maybe it's just the skeptic in me, but I'll take my chances with a proven whey protein that's $5 per pound cheaper. $30 friggin dollars for 2 pounds of "protein serum?"

    I especially like how they mention "More than 50 published studies show protein serum provides substantial benefit to one's immune system and lean muscle tissue!" Then they fail to properly reference even one of those. Nice.
  3. sundevil04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    273
    Rep Power
    243

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by EctoPower View Post
    Jesus christ, who is going to believe that BS from a company called "Body Genie?" Seriously? Friggin Body Genie.

    Maybe it's just the skeptic in me, but I'll take my chances with a proven whey protein that's $5 per pound cheaper. $30 friggin dollars for 2 pounds of "protein serum?"

    I especially like how they mention "More than 50 published studies show protein serum provides substantial benefit to one's immune system and lean muscle tissue!" Then they fail to properly reference even one of those. Nice.
    actually this type of protein is used in small amounts in A LOT of the major label proteins (GF pro etc.) this is the only 100% protein serum protein
    •   
       

  4. EctoPower's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    36
    Posts
    878
    Rep Power
    529

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by sundevil04 View Post
    actually this type of protein is used in small amounts in A LOT of the major label proteins (GF pro etc.) this is the only 100% protein serum protein
    Not mine, man. Anyway, can YOU tell me what's so great about this mysterious "serum?" The link you put in the OP certainly didn't tell me a d*mn thing. No science, no proof, just marketing.

    Think I'll pass.
  5. sundevil04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    273
    Rep Power
    243

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by EctoPower View Post
    Not mine, man. Anyway, can YOU tell me what's so great about this mysterious "serum?" The link you put in the OP certainly didn't tell me a d*mn thing. No science, no proof, just marketing.

    Think I'll pass.
    Hence the question. I'm not pushing the product I'm aking if anyone has any real info on it
  6. EctoPower's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    36
    Posts
    878
    Rep Power
    529

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by sundevil04 View Post
    Hence the question. I'm not pushing the product I'm aking if anyone has any real info on it
    I'd say you got your answer since nobody responded with any info at all.
  7. ReaperX's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    7
    Posts
    6,487
    Rep Power
    33340

    Reputation

    Not ALWAYS, but a lot of times when a supplement is on sale it usually sucks.....note: not always, but usually.


    No supplement distributor is going to put something on sale when it already sells like crazy at full price. On top of what Ecto said, if your really adamient about getting good protein, buy isolate, but don't waste your time on this stuff.
  8. TheCrownedOne's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,362
    Rep Power
    802

    Reputation

    "Serum" is fancy sunshine they sprinkle over their overpriced "protein supplement." It's just protein.
    Last edited by TheCrownedOne; 09-19-2007 at 12:10 AM.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-26-2010, 10:20 AM
  2. What are your thoughts on PB&J sandwiches?
    By LeeRoi in forum Bulking
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-11-2009, 06:12 PM
  3. Replies: 43
    Last Post: 06-21-2008, 12:12 AM
  4. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-08-2006, 10:45 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-03-2004, 06:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in