Tendon Healing w/Ultrasound

djl

Awards
  • Established
When I went through physical therapy (or at least as much of it as I could afford... crappy insurance), they used an ultrasound device at the end of each session. Apparently it heats the tendons, causing increased blood flow and increased rate of healing.

I recently found this: Sonic Relief - the fastest road to Permanent Tendon Recovery!

Any PTs here have any feedback about this device?

Also, this blurb caught my attention:

The Sonic Relief system comes with a specially formulated Gel which contains naturally based pain relieving and anti-inflamatory ingredients. The ultrasound unit actually drives the pain relieving ingredients deep into tissue (a process known medically as phonophoresis) giving you the pain relief where you need it. Its impossible to simply rub a lotion deep enough to penetrate into the joint.
Does this mean phonophoresis might be a way to get other types of materials into your joint, such as HGH/IGF/? Or would that even make sense to do?

Anyway, feedback on the device is appreciated, thanks!

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ok dude... I'll give it to you straight. This form of therapy can only be beneficial to someone with RHUMP ART. We use tese of course on everyone that may have a ligament of soft tissue damage to try to reduce inflammation and some soft tissue bleed-out. Don't get me wrong bro - It's a great therapy device, but it can only help seldom people.

As far as the other - I am currently researching and testing this in class and work so hopefully I'll be able to give some thought on it soon

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If you want to get it into the rotator just stick a pin in... It's scary and hurts but it is possible. I have been doing it.

djl

Awards
  • Established
Ok dude... I'll give it to you straight. This form of therapy can only be beneficial to someone with RHUMP ART. We use tese of course on everyone that may have a ligament of soft tissue damage to try to reduce inflammation and some soft tissue bleed-out. Don't get me wrong bro - It's a great therapy device, but it can only help seldom people.

As far as the other - I am currently researching and testing this in class and work so hopefully I'll be able to give some thought on it soon

RHUMP ART? What's that (my google search returned nothing for that)?

It seems to be a way to increase rate of healing for tendons (at least that's what I've found with a google search on "Ultrasonic tendon repair", which probably doesn't mean much, but then that's why I'm asking questions :D).

djl

Awards
  • Established
If you want to get it into the rotator just stick a pin in... It's scary and hurts but it is possible. I have been doing it.
If this form of medicating works, then it serves two purposes for me--the ultrasonic therapy to increase normal healing rate, and introduction of other meds simultaneously in a non-invasive manner.

I understand the whole pinning thing, but if you don't have to do it, why would you do it?

Of course, if this form of medication doesn't work, then there's always pinning. I wonder if an osteopath who does prolotherapy would be willing to introduce media grade IGF with the sugar solution?