Sleeping Trouble

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    Answers

Sleeping Trouble

I was wondering if any one new of anything natural that helps you fall asleep, and improves the quality. I would like it to be natural, and able take it every night. Mark

2. Registered User
    Answers

Everynight...eeehhhh most sleep aids will build tolerance. BUT X-Dream is worth it from what i hear, soon to order. Melatonin kind of sucks. Search it an you'll get plenty. I have a few past thread/posts of detail on it. sometimes i do 6mgs for fun at night casue i like nightmares. just search sleep and you should get plenty
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Valerian root I have tried but it takes about 5-6. Melatonin, it works but should be cycled on and off. There is phenibut, which worked pretty well for me, but gives a hangover in the morning.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

I'm not that impressed with xdream. I like powerfull i sleep great on it and you feel great when taking it.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  260 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MentalTwitch View Post
    Everynight...eeehhhh most sleep aids will build tolerance. BUT X-Dream is worth it from what i hear, soon to order. Melatonin kind of sucks. Search it an you'll get plenty. I have a few past thread/posts of detail on it. sometimes i do 6mgs for fun at night casue i like nightmares. just search sleep and you should get plenty
    X-Dream is great but its better if you dose every other night at the most. At least for me anyway...
  6. Registered User
    Answers

X-dream did nothing for me... I tried doses between 1-4 with no effect. I use a combo of Melatonin, hops, valerian root and skullcap for nights I need help falling asleep.
  7. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

I'm not sure if it helps me fall asleep, but PowerFULL definitely improves my quality of sleep.
  8. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

get a script for ambien, stuff kicks butt.
  9. Registered User
    Answers

ZMA. It's cheap, it works, and it's good for you.

Take it about 30 minutes before you want to fall asleep. You'll sleep like a baby. No grogginess the next morning. Great stuff
  10. Registered User
    Answers

yea i second all the powerfull ideas in here...that seemed to help me get deeper sleep...and i do occasionally use valerian root(usually on like sunday to help me fall asleep after a weekend of bein up late and sleepin in) and while u can build tolerance to phenibut i found that its great to use a couple times a month to help give u refreshing sleep and recharge u
  11. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

an alternative to powerfull is bulk 1-carboxy-blahblahblah at Nutra.....it is one of the main actives in USPlabs discontinued REM and also powerfull.
  12. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Answers

I've recently had good luck with ZMT. However the only sleep problem I have is my husband. He does not sleep at night so my body has re-wired itself to wake up constantly from him rolling around

edited to add I don't have problems falling asleep, just staying that way.
  13. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    an alternative to powerfull is bulk 1-carboxy-blahblahblah at Nutra
    Didi they stop selling this, i cant find it on the site.
  14. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Rhodiola and ZMA would be a great combo for sleep.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

I'm a big melatonin and Powerfull fanatic. Melatonin gets me to sleep and P-Full enhances the sleep I get. I've used ZMA with some success but I don't seem to get the same effect after 4-5 weeks of continuous use. Might also want to look into Chamomile, GABA, and 5-HTP
  16. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by easymac View Post
    Didi they stop selling this, i cant find it on the site.
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/1...3-4-diol-.html
  17. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    get a script for ambien, stuff kicks butt.
    Ambien puts you to sleep but it does not keep you asleep which is my problem. I've been contemplating Ambien CR which has an immediate sleep aid component and a controlled release sleep aid to keep you asleep. As for natural sleep aides I like melatonin,velarian and zma did nothing for me but everyone is different and responds differently. Zma,valerian and melatonin are all relatively cheap to try.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Melatonin works for me. Sometimes I take it with two x dreams. X dream makes me wake up early in the morning for some reason and tends to give me nightmares of the emotional type.
  19. Registered User
    Answers

Thanks bro, i must have overlooked it. I thought that i looked under sleep aids. Guess not.
  20. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Lacradocious View Post
    Melatonin works for me. Sometimes I take it with two x dreams. X dream makes me wake up early in the morning for some reason and tends to give me nightmares of the emotional type.
    The nightmares are fomr Melatonin. any dose over 2.5mg is shown to increase, hence why i take 6mg usually. Sometimes i wake up groggy sometimes not. X-Dreamis next in line for me.
    Sleep aid is really hit or miss casue the reasons you are not sleeping well. Emotional, chemical, food, etc. The best way to go is to make sure you take any of the previous on an EMPTY stomach 30minutes before you LAY DOWN. You can not be awake watching tv. Also, make sure when trying different things follow the rec. dose and adjust from there and in the same ways.
    I also use 5HTP but really doesnt help for sleep for me at least, more of a mid day to give me the more awake positive feeling.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Phenibut works awesome for me. Ive never slept through a whole night my entire life and ill take about 2 grams and sleep till morning. But I dont get the hangover like some people.
  22. Registered User
    Answers

why was the rem product by usp discontinued? was it dangerous? i hope it wasnt i just finished a bottle of it like 2 months ago
  23. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by heater1289 View Post
    why was the rem product by usp discontinued? was it dangerous? i hope it wasnt i just finished a bottle of it like 2 months ago
    I don't know exactly why it was discontinued, but it was not dangerous. The main ingredient in REM is still being sold as one of the ingredients in USP's PowerFULL, as well as in bulk at nutraplanet.
  24. Registered User
    Answers

First off, buy the slow release melatonin formula. Kickstart your sleep with benadryl, and then the melatonin kicks in later on to keep you out. This is a good combo. If you must, take the kitchen sink approach and add gaba + zma + rhodiola + powerfull... etc etc.
  25. Registered User
    Answers

I read a book called Say Good Night To Insomnia by Gregg Jacobs. It really changed my thinking on sleep habits. Since reading it I havent used a sleep aid and rely on my body to induce sleep and not an outside source.
  26. Registered User
    Answers

I read a book by Gregg Jacobs/ Say Good Night to Insomnia. It really changed my thoughts on sleeping habits. Since reading it I havent used a sleep aid and rely on my body to induce sleep not an outside source.Peace
  27. Registered User
    Answers

i'm still hooked on gaba :-)
  28. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MEH89 View Post
    I was wondering if any one new of anything natural that helps you fall asleep, and improves the quality. I would like it to be natural, and able take it every night. Mark

I personally use Z-Force by Dymatize I sleep like baby,good stuff. I have very vivid dreams on it though.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Answers

bump im horrible at getting to sleep.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Ive tryed sleep stuff for about four years now.

Gaba it works

Phenibut is the best stuff Ive coem across. i sleep and I dont get up at all during the night.

Melatonin works ok

Zma-works ok fro what i remember. Its been a good three or more years SNAC brand is good

5-htp works ok but dont take it with other serotin drugs or youll have somethign called serotin syndrome which is nasty. youll throw up and feel weird.

I just do mediation and that works for me. It outs your mind in a slower tempy(alpha, delat, theta, beta) state of mind. calming oneself.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Hi Smeaton,

Why don't you try some X-Dreams and give some valuable feedback on it Sounds like you know your sleep stuff!

Much Love,

Neoborn
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

I might do that Neoborn on an upcoming order. Right now Phenibut works like a charm. Cheers Buddy
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Answers

CMI big knocked me clean off my socks!
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

After trying all these thing s Ive finally found the thing that works like a charm-L-typtophan.

You must relize this may not work for everyone because everyones body chemistry is different and what effects me chemically may have a different effect on you.
  35. Registered User
    Answers

I take this since I work out PM. Wake up refreshed! My brother loves it as well

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/a...cturnabol.html
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Answers

don't go for overpriced supplements. you need you some simple melatonin you can get at walmart. but don't buy the 5mg stuff and pop the whole pill. studies have shown that 1mg is sufficient for any frame. too much will actually interfere with sleep, causing it to be fragmented.

a nice chaser to that lil' pill is all natural organically-grown valerian root tea. drink that **** up and tell me you ain't ready for a nap.

hope this helps, homie. this is what i do every single night.
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Answers

oh, and i'm sure you know, but i'll say it just the same....make sure the pre-bed snack is light. maybe a couple eggs or a serving of cottage cheese.
  38. Registered User
    Answers

Guys, I want to order some of these sleep aids but want to know a few things. I read that the Dymatize Z-Force is not real ZMA or something, is this true? Also, does it matter what brand of melatonin, Phenibut or GABA you get? I basically want good deep sleep and something that knocks me out and lets me dream well. Which of these supplements should I order??.. I doubt I need all of this stuff lol.
  39. Registered User
    Answers

also, how do these sleep aids compare to diphenhydramine which is found in over the counter sleep meds like tylenol pm/night time, benadryl etc..
  40. Registered User
    Answers

Weed! I am serious not being a smart ass. Of course it has to be an indica strain (Train Wreck, White Widow, Various "Kush" strains). I say indica, because that is the type of strain that really relaxes you makes you not want to do anything more of a lethargic body high. As opposed to a sativa that produces a more euphoric and energetic high. I dont mean you have to get "blown out of your mind" and smoke a joint or blunt to yourself. 3 good hits from a glass pipe should do the trick.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Insomnia/sleep trouble on Clomid
    By heavyasssquat in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-30-2013, 03:15 AM
  2. Replies: 61
    Last Post: 05-17-2013, 08:47 AM
  3. Do Bodybuilders have trouble sleeping because of a large neck?
    By John Smeton in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-15-2006, 12:43 AM
  4. Trouble Sleeping with Reduce XT
    By reidhoch in forum Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-06-2006, 04:11 PM
  5. nolva/zma and trouble sleeping
    By pcazar in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 03:04 PM