creatine: pill form vs. powder

hawks31

Awards
Is there any real difference between the two forms of creatine? will one bloat you more? either stronger? you guys tell me what you think. and I'm using the muscletech powder right now.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
pills and powder there is no difference it only matters on what type of creatine you are using. THere are many variations.

MasterFlexx

MasterFlexx

Awards
Could there be a difference in which your body will react to the different form of creatine? In my experience with creatine I have found that my body elicits a better response from powder form instead of pill form. Is this a possiblility?

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
well could be absorbtion is better and fast with powder as it will get absorbed in the stomach lining...caps may pass further down, im not sure. Or the pills were not the dosage they claimed to be...I think pills are more convienent but i always use powder. I hate the way it mixes and would much rather pop pills.

MasterFlexx

MasterFlexx

Awards
I wish i could shoke down a bunch of pills but its just to difficult for me. I have always had a hard time taking pills. therefore powder is the best option for me and even some of that stuff tastes horrible but gets the job done.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
You probably notice powder better because of a few reasons:

1) slightly faster absorption

2)Think of how much extra stuff you can add to powder vs pills?
EXAMPLE:

Serving Size of:
Green Mag (powder) = 10.4g
SizeOn (powder) = 43g
Clout (powder) = 10.5g
CellMass (powder) = 16g

Green Buldge (caps) = 3.4g
N'Gorge (caps) = 2.55g
NeoVar (caps) = .6g
Red Cell (tabs) = 5.2g

Mean Serving Weight of 4 Randomly Selected Creatine Powders = 19.98g

Mean Serving Weight of 4 Randomly Selected Creatine Caps = 2.94g

So thats 17.04g on average of extras packed into powders vs pills

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i didnt get much from size-on pills, wish i had the powder as some claim the powder better.

MgoBlue

MgoBlue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I used to choke down 8 pills of the CET by Omega.. Great stuff, but damn, 8 at a time! I literally choked the first time I tried, but my gag reflex has since relaxed a little... :icon_lol:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i didnt get much from size-on pills, wish i had the powder as some claim the powder better.
I definately had better results from the size-on powder for some reason...

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used to choke down 8 pills of the CET by Omega.. Great stuff, but damn, 8 at a time! I literally choked the first time I tried, but my gag reflex has since relaxed a little... :icon_lol:
I liked that stuff too! Pills...i had the hardest time with just one pill back in the day lmao funny when i look back i would drink like 2 glasses of water to get down one pill (before bb'n). Now i can take as much as needed. 20 at a time :head:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You probably notice powder better because of a few reasons:

1) slightly faster absorption

2)Think of how much extra stuff you can add to powder vs pills?
EXAMPLE:

Serving Size of:
Green Mag (powder) = 10.4g
SizeOn (powder) = 43g
Clout (powder) = 10.5g
CellMass (powder) = 16g

Green Buldge (caps) = 3.4g
N'Gorge (caps) = 2.55g
NeoVar (caps) = .6g
Red Cell (tabs) = 5.2g

Mean Serving Weight of 4 Randomly Selected Creatine Powders = 19.98g

Mean Serving Weight of 4 Randomly Selected Creatine Caps = 2.94g

So thats 17.04g on average of extras packed into powders vs pills
Good post! I guess this summarizes some key points. For those without any problems with swallowing pills and capsules, pills and capsules are a convenient way to take supplements. They have the disadvantage, though, that there is a physical and technological limit to the amount of compounds that can be packed in a pill or capsule.
If powders and pills have exactly the same ingredients, powders may absorb faster, as wedgylx, already stated. Otherwise, I see no further advantage of powders. If, however, powders contain more synergistic ingredients than the pills form, prefer the powder form, even at the expense of the inconvenience of mixing the powder.

triggerman

Awards
I know Im a nobody here but I like the liquid form like Dimaxx. Some people here hated that stuff but it has always proven the best results for me but hey thats just an opinion too.....

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Good post! I guess this summarizes some key points. For those without any problems with swallowing pills and capsules, pills and capsules are a convenient way to take supplements. They have the disadvantage, though, that there is a physical and technological limit to the amount of compounds that can be packed in a pill or capsule.
If powders and pills have exactly the same ingredients, powders may absorb faster, as wedgylx, already stated. Otherwise, I see no further advantage of powders. If, however, powders contain more synergistic ingredients than the pills form, prefer the powder form, even at the expense of the inconvenience of mixing the powder.
Thanks!

rbuecker

rbuecker

Awards
  • Established
being on the go all the time also isnt very good when it comes to packing supplements for trips. i find myself having powders at home, at work, and when i go somewhere i have to take it with me. then i have to worry about the temps in the car affecting the powder.

one that really comes to mind is cell mass vs. neovar. im taking cell mass now, but neovar, come on, the caps are just so perfect. 3 little caps and some water vs. a spoon, cup, mixing, and those of you who take cell mass with me all know that powder permeates the surrounding area and invades your nose and cakes the part of your hand that hits the lip of the container. im looking forward to trying caps next, and some mornings i find myself taking neovar even though im still trying to stick to the bsn stack until it's over.

there are threads where people are dumping pslin caps into the pre workout drink. would it be a bad thing to pop neovar caps into some water? could we get the faster absorption then, and still carry something more conveniently sized?

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
size-on is definately the best creatine supplements. It's just very expensive to use at 40-50 dollars for a month. Plain creatine monohydrate with waxy maize(or other carbs) works almost as well, but it tastes like crap and can make your stomach upset. Size-on lemonade flavor tastes awesome.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 15
Supplements 10
Supplements 13
BigGame84 Supplements 35
Supplements 41