Test goes WAY DOWN after stopping Trib and Test boosters?

STUD1982

Awards
Do the gains that one gets from Test boosters such as Tribulus based products and/or ZMA go away if one discontinues the use of such products?

Furthermore, would one's testosterone levels dip down even below where they were before one started taking those supplements, kind of like they do when one goes off of steroids and the like? Or not really?

If anyone has any info in this respect, please do share it?

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
There's no negative feedback associated with natural test boosters like Trib and ZMA because they are not adding exogenous test to your system. They simply optimize your endogenous test, thus causing no shutdown of natural testosterone production.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
It's debatable that Trib raises test at all. ZMA merely gets rid of a zinc and magnesium deficient state so it only "boosts" your test levels to their norm.

All in all..there's no need to worry about a crash or anything like that.

STUD1982

Awards
It's debatable that Trib raises test at all. ZMA merely gets rid of a zinc and magnesium deficient state so it only "boosts" your test levels to their norm.

All in all..there's no need to worry about a crash or anything like that.
Let me see if I got this:

1) ZMA mere gets rid of deficiencies and, as such, if one does not have Zinc or Magnesium deficiences, one really wouldn't see a boost in test?

2) If it's debatable whether Tribulus boosts testosterone at all, are there ANY "natural" test boosters out there that have been proven to do so? I was under the impression that Tribulus was about as good as you could get as far as test boosting goes without delving into steroids or prohormones.

3) And what about test boosting products like RPM by Applied Nutraceuticals? Same story as for Tribulus and ZMA when it comes to "crashing" once you go off it?

Regardless, thanks for answering my question regarding whether or not one would see a crash in their test levels if one were to cease taking those products.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Trib has to be 40 % prot or higher and a high amount of saponin's, for it to effectively rasie test levels to the optiumun

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
You won't find a single article in pubmed which shows tribulus to raise testosterone (or any other hormone for that matter). What is has been proven to do is increase NO production which leads to libido boost (people have misinterpreted this effect as being the result of increased testosterone).

ZMA will help you get a good night's sleep if nothing else.

STUD1982

Awards
No hormone crash from RPM either.
So if there is no hormone crash from any of those supps, should it be relatively easy to maintain the gains one made while on them?

STUD1982

Awards
You won't find a single article in pubmed which shows tribulus to raise testosterone (or any other hormone for that matter). What is has been proven to do is increase NO production which leads to libido boost (people have misinterpreted this effect as being the result of increased testosterone).

ZMA will help you get a good night's sleep if nothing else.
So are there any natural testosterone boosters to speak of?

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
So are there any natural testosterone boosters to speak of?
I guess it depends upon what you mean by natural. Exercise tends to increase testosterone. Losing bodyfat does the same (or at least improves the T/e ratio). There are lots of things that will increase testosterone (more sleep for example). However, as far as supplements, I believe only aromataise inhibitors have been documented to increase testosterone.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Are there any that you'd specifically recommend?
No. Not because they aren't useful but just because I think you should research them and decide which is best for you. They all have different characteristics. The big OTC ones are: 6-oxo, ATD, ADED and 6-Bromo.

I also may have been too hasty in dismissing test boosters. There are nettle root extract products (Mass FX, Activate) which change the ratio of bound test to free test (your overall test doesn't change but the amount that is active in the body does).

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Activate is a nice simple approach for boosting free test and it has no deleterious side effects like some AI's can.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Let me see if I got this:

1) ZMA mere gets rid of deficiencies and, as such, if one does not have Zinc or Magnesium deficiences, one really wouldn't see a boost in test?...
ZMA is nothing more than bioavailable zinc (zinc monomethionine), magnesium (magnesium aspartate), and vitamin B6. Considering that athletes frequently have a deficiency of zinc and magnesium, and considering that these two minerals are involved in many metabolic functions in the body, ZMA can produce results comparable to steriods when taken by athletes with a strong deficiency of zinc and magnesium. When this deficiency is fully compensated, ZMA loses its magic.
Your assertion above is, therefore, correct. ZMA is beneficial in cases of zinc and magnesium deficiency.

handzilla

Awards
  • Established
ZMA worked great for me about 4 years ago when I first started training hard. Now it does very little.

metalman302

metalman302

Awards
How about Testofen? There's studies behind that... raises test by 70% I beleive

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established

Interesting. I'd like to see something actually published in a medical journal but hell, this is more info than we have on a lot of supplements.

Of course, this study showed that the product DID NOT increase testosterone. However, it did appear to double the level of free test which is pretty darn interesting.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Not in my experience. Powerfull is the natty test booster I use. Great stuff for restful sleep as well.

romanreid

Awards
Funny

Not in my experience. Powerfull is the natty test booster I use. Great stuff for restful sleep as well.

Cause I keep hearing it doesnt really boost test just GH which can lead to test boosting. I say for me Bulk Powerfull brings a mighty fine boost in test 2nd only to Nettle with 6 oxo. Thats just me :)

GOd Bless

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Cause I keep hearing it doesnt really boost test just GH which can lead to test boosting. I say for me Bulk Powerfull brings a mighty fine boost in test 2nd only to Nettle with 6 oxo. Thats just me :)

GOd Bless

You can't really say these things unless you've had bloodwork done. Powerfull may be making you feel better (it does for me) but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's increasing test. I don't believe USPlabs even claims that it does.

Powerful decreases prolactin, increases GH and usually causes deeper more restful sleep. That's a pretty powerful (no pun intended) combination for making a person feel better without increasing test one bit.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can't really say these things unless you've had bloodwork done. Powerfull may be making you feel better (it does for me) but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's increasing test. I don't believe USPlabs even claims that it does.

Powerful decreases prolactin, increases GH and usually causes deeper more restful sleep. That's a pretty powerful (no pun intended) combination for making a person feel better without increasing test one bit.
sounds like you no your stuff YR.

romanreid

Awards

No I have never had bloodwork done but I did read about a study from a doctor at UCLA....? That showed a relationship between GH and LH (GH was found to raise LH). I think it was from the 1940s. Probably just some hype though if USPLabs aint claiming it then who am I.... its their product they would be the ones who would know.

Just curious what about the sapons in powerfull no test boosting there either?

Thanks

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
No I have never had bloodwork done but I did read about a study from a doctor at UCLA....? That showed a relationship between GH and LH (GH was found to raise LH). I think it was from the 1940s. Probably just some hype though if USPLabs aint claiming it then who am I.... its their product they would be the ones who would know.

Just curious what about the sapons in powerfull no test boosting there either?

Thanks
Hmmmmmmmmmm...........just read the write-up again and they do claim that powerful raises test. Once again, powerful isn't tribulus (the original question). I searched pubmed and could only find 7 studies (only one that appeared to be on point) and it involved mice in Japan. You might ask Jacob where it gets his info that Powerfull can raise testosterone 53%.

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established

excellent point. :thumbsup:
conversely, just because you may have wood all day on a certain cycle, doesn't mean your HPTA isn't being shutdown to some extent.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
There are hardly no negative side effects when it comes to taking these two products at all. They are pretty good overall and get to good results. I increased my strength and even put on some muscle by using these two. I suggest stacking them together with protein and BCAAs also. You will really get the best results from doing this.

BeardedBreast

BeardedBreast

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just got my bulk in. 2g a day I think I shall try