prohormone vs. age

grape ape

Awards
(this may not be in the properI am currently in my thirties and did a cycle of superdrol a few years ago. What's the oldest person you know who has done (prohormones) also, at what age do you think is too old for this? Dont know if I'll ever do it again, just curious of everyones opinion. I had a boss who used them at 48.

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
Good quest I'm creeping on up there. Any thoughts from you oldschoolers out there.

wontdie

wontdie

Awards
  • Established
I think there were some rumors that Sly Stallone used it before Rocky Balboa. :)

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
I know Balboa was busted with hgh at an airport, but I think he is way passed the prohormone stage.

doluseb

Awards
Well truthfully there are only a few "prohormones" still on the market. Most of what you see now are actually active steroids. In either case the older you get the better off you are probably going to the doctor and opting for HRT. (safest and most effective means).

Other than that just take the proper precautions with the steroidal compounds and you should be good to go.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
There's no set upper age limit as individual health varies widely. It also depends on what compound you are using as phs/steroids vary widely as well in terms of effects and sides.

I would imagine that cardiovascular and prostate issues would be of greater concern as well as endogenous T production. As stated TRT may be the only viable alternative to keep moderately high T levels.

Bier

Bier

Awards
I was thinking about posting same question. I know it might be better off by going to doctor and get a prescription from treatment. BUT i always wondered about using PH or other supplements.

grape ape

Awards
I wasnt really concerned with HRT. Although I dont really feel that its needed at this time for myself but can only be determined by a doc and bloodwork. Rather, I was looking for input as of a age when they should not be considered due to stress on the body (opinions?). Also if anyone felt that it was more difficult to recover PCT as they get older.

Scubs

Awards
pending on your GI health.

If you look at ronnie coleman, hes in his early 40's and is still on pharmaceutical goodies that will be toxic on the liver and kidneys. If your healthy and active and have been working out for a while, you could probably take it with no problem, as long as you did a liver and kidney detox and a good post cycle. Superdrol is specifically good for strenght gains, which in essence will boost more hgh naturally from the body ( squats are good). After your early 30's your testosterone natually decreases, so taking a PH, would help with gains. Just practice caution.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
My first trip to the darkside was when I was 37. I'm 39 and they still work.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll be starting my first cycle later this year, either right before or right after I turn 40 :)

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
theres an older guy on here, i think named werewolf, although I could be wrong, who does some pretty complicated and long oral cycles...

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
How well do you bounce back after shutdown is the million dollar question. I imagine the older you get the tuffer it is to bring the boyz back. Has any one had a hard time bouncing back.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How well do you bounce back after shutdown is the million dollar question. I imagine the older you get the tuffer it is to bring the boyz back. Has any one had a hard time bouncing back.
Well, see that was my question, I wondered if the reverse wasn't true. I mean for me, I'm starting at a test at the bottom of the scale, so even if I drop to 0, how hard is it to raise that little bit? whereas someone who is 21 and theirs is at the top end of the scale, it might take more to get the body back to producing that much. I can tell when I just take 6-oxo extreme the difference I get in free testosterone, just from skin oilyness and pimples :)

grape ape

Awards
thanks for all of the input. I think I'll get bloodwork before taking on another cycle. I'm just getting to the age where I'm really concerned with the ability to recover(pct). I should have had bloodwork before now but scared of what I might find out low test but then it could be a good thing to find out I guess to correct.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks for all of the input. I think I'll get bloodwork before taking on another cycle. I'm just getting to the age where I'm really concerned with the ability to recover(post cycle therapy). I should have had bloodwork before now but scared of what I might find out low test but then it could be a good thing to find out I guess to correct.
The cool part of being in that age bracket is that its getting easier to convince your doctor to give you TRT if you are really low on testosterone. :) I still haven't yet, but may after my next blood test ;)

grape ape

Awards
I feel finding that I had low test would hurt the ole ego but like with all things I'll get over it I guess.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Look at the bright side, if your doctor prescribes testosterone injections, everyone here on the board will be envious :)

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
EasyEJL: what is going to be your first cycle ? Superdrol ?

Regarding Stallone: That guy is so old he probably need to use 40mg of M1T for 5 weeks to get himself back to speed.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
EasyEJL: what is going to be your first cycle ? Superdrol ?

Regarding Stallone: That guy is so old he probably need to use 40mg of M1T for 5 weeks to get himself back to speed.
I'm really leaning towards a straight cycle of epistane / revolt. The epistane is there more to help keep control of any weirdness from the progestin based revolt. But the revolt is there for mass, strength and reported REALLY fast recovery times. I might do superdrol instead tho. I've got them all available. Still not sure, but since i'm in the Palo Alto Labs transformation contest, I can't do anything till late october.

grape ape

Awards
which do you think would be more toxic? Also, never heard of the revolt.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
which do you think would be more toxic? Also, never heard of the revolt.
The superdrol is most toxic, then its a sort of tossup. Revolt is the same compound as Max LMG or X-Mass. Its a non-methyl, progestin based, so less liver issues at least. Theoretically also no aromatization to estrogen, some potential for prolactin issues tho. Its big benefit is that most people have spectacularly fast recovery times after workouts on it. That I can use at my age. I'm hurting from this morning's workout still 10 hrs later, and i'm not looking forwards to what I feel like tomorrow morning.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It should work out nice, I haven't seen anyone whos logged that combo particularly, any of the epis with Revolt/Max LMG/X-mass . Should get a nice slightly "loose" bulk out of it instead of really really dry