Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ALA
r-ALA
Vanadyl Sulfate
Cinnamon

None of these ever did anything for me.

I only eat 150 carbs/day and Im fairly lean and I still fall asleep after I ate carbs.
so Im obviously somewhat glucose intolerant or have a dysfunctional/poor insulin sensitivity profile.

Anyone?

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
I only eat 150 carbs/day and Im fairly lean and I still fall asleep after I ate carbs.
so Im obviously somewhat glucose intolerant or have a dysfunctional/poor insulin sensitivity profile.

Anyone?
That is not necessarily true. You could be hyperisulinemic with rebound hypoglycemia.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
mcg for mg (yes, that's 2 different units) the strongest would have to be corosolic acid

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That is not necessarily true. You could be hyperisulinemic with rebound hypoglycemia.

But if I were glucose intolerant as I put it, wouldn't that essentially force the pancreas to over-produce insulin (hyperinsulinemia)? Aren't we just approaching this from two different angles, but really just saying the same thing? Nevertheless, thanks for the feedback, gives me something to chew on.

"corosolic acid" huh? I will research it. Thank you

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
But if I were glucose intolerant as I put it, wouldn't that essentially force the pancreas to over-produce insulin (hyperinsulinemia)? Aren't we just approaching this from two different angles, but really just saying the same thing?
That is but one possibility. There are a variety of reasons why someone would be hyperinsulinemic.

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
heh, either way, gets the job done. Does show to lower test lvls a lil bit tho, could be a bad sup for a natty.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Ohhh, not OTC?

MetFormin/Glucophage works by decreasing liver glucose output, increasing peripheral insulin sensitivity, blocking glucose absorption.

Thiazolidinediones, such as Actos or Avandia increase insulin receptivity.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ALA
r-ALA
Vanadyl Sulfate
Cinnamon

None of these ever did anything for me.

Anyone?

I would check with your doctor about this before you go diagnosing yourself and trying to treat yourself with supplements.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I would check with your doctor about this before you go diagnosing yourself and trying to treat yourself with supplements.
Word.

What is the makeup and meal breakdown of those 150g carbs? Overall that is not a lot and if it is really giving you symptoms you need to see your doc to check on blood glucose AND insulin levels.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Word.

What is the makeup and meal breakdown of those 150g carbs? Overall that is not a lot and if it is really giving you symptoms you need to see your doc to check on blood glucose AND insulin levels.
Sorry guys, had to do this, compulsion I guess,

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Yep, look into banaba extract, and/or corosolic acid :thumbsup: