New to the forum, questions about paravol, reset-ad, adrenal fatigue, and finasteride

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.82%

New to the forum, questions about paravol, reset-ad, adrenal fatigue, and finasteride

Hello I'm new to the forum and I came here because people here seem to be pretty knowledgable on things like supplements and hormones.

Okay, so I'm only 20 years old, and about 4-5 months ago I used the hair loss drug Propecia (Finasteride) for a short time of about 2 weeks. 2 weeks was somehow enough to mess up my hormone levels, and months later I'm still afflicted with things like lack of libido and ED.

My blood hormone panel is as follows...

T-3 Total 143.0 ng/dL (80.0 - 178.0)
    TPSA (PSA) 0.4 ng/mL (0.0 - 4.0)
    TSH 2.55 ulU/ml (0.33 - 5.73)
    FT4 1.37 ng/mL (0.77 - 1.61)
    T4 7.7 ug/dL (0.5 - 24.0)
    Testosterone, Total 529.8 ng/dL (280.0 - 1100.0)
    SHBG 27.0 nmol/L (11.0 - 80.0)
    DHT 583.0 pg/mL (36.0 - 573.0)
    ACTH 5.0 pg/mL (No reference range provided) I've been told this is low and an internet source proves this
    LH 5.2 mlU/mL (1.1 - 7.0)
    FSH 1.6 mlU/mL (1.7 - 12.0)
    Prolactin 6.6 ng/mL (1.8 - 19.5)
    Progesterone 1.7 ng/mL (0.1 - 0.6)
    Cortisol 14.8 mcg/mL (3.0 - 23.0)
    Estradiol 32.0 pg/mL (25.0 - 500.0) or (5.37 - 65.9)
    DHEA 318.8 mcg/dL (35.0 - 430.0)

My main question is if maybe the high progesterone level is an indicator of adrenal fatigue, like it's not being converted to allopregnenolone sufficiently enough. To my knowledge 5-alpha reductase also converts progesterone to allopregnenolone, and there's some other functions too, and I think it leads somewhere having to do with the GABA neurotransmitter or receptor. I am thinking that adrenal fatigue is the cause of my lack of libido and ED problems, but also I wonder if my total testosterone is kind of low, because I heard that for someone my age it should be at the top 1/3 of the reference range. Not only that, but FSH is low, my testicles hurt, and my semen looks sorta weird, I'm really hating my life right now...

But, I haven't really lost any muscle or had any fat accumulation, but then again I'm a pretty skinny guy, at about 6'1 150 pounds, I see that many of you guys on here are pretty built, so I hope that my size doesn't keep you from giving me any advice . I have been lifting and exercising and whatnot to try to regain my body's composition, but it just doesn't seem to have done much so far, nevertheless I will continue.

I tried aspire36, and it gave me a really bad pulsating headache and fever that lasted 2 days, I also somehow ended up with the cold/flu right after. The product did definitely work, but the side effects were just too much, and it didn't really do much for libido.

So I see that palo alto labs also makes this paravol product, and it was originally designed to help men recover from a post-anabolic steroid hypogonadal state. But it says that for the benefits of the product to be kept on experienced, one must continue using the product. My question is if maybe this product can bring me back to normal and sort of give me a "jump-start" whether I'll be able to be normal again and stay that way without the aid of supplements. I would like to know whether in the past it has had this effect in post-steroid men.

Okay now lets talk about adrenal fatigue. I read that adrenal fatigue can in fact cause ED, and that adrenal fatigue usually doesn't cure itself. I see that reset-ad exists to alleviate this situation, and it is also made by palo-alto labs. I think I may have also read a report of someone who had a boosted libido because of this product. What I wonder though, is whether I should go with reset-ad or the products that are listed at adrenalfatigue dot org (sorry but I have to list this URL) .

Also I read on the propeciahelp forum that someone actually cured himself with the use of the illegal substance GHB. Since GHB is illegal and not very easy to get a hold of, I ordered some X-dream to see if it can be a sufficient substitute. In my opinion it is sort of weak, so I've also ordered some GABOB to see if it'll be worth anything. I've also been taking melatonin to try to reinforce the circadian rythm.

I've quit cigarettes, caffeine, and alcohol to try to regain my reproductive health. I am trying to give myself healthy nutrition combined with good physical training in hopes that someday this will be behind me. The only advice I can give is don't ever take finasteride if you're losing your hair! I'd like to thank anyone in advance for any reply they may leave.

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.14%

Your doing the right thing by quitting smoking, drinking, and caffeine. The only thing I would suggest is to eat healthy, eat a good breakfast, and workout.

I am 6 feet tall and weigh ~185 right now. When I started, in February, I was 150. I started lifting, eating right, quit drinking, and stopped drinking sodas and caffeinated drinks. I can tell you that the difference in my mental and physical health was like night and day.

I think with a good routine and diet, you will start to feel better and hopefully and hormonal problems that medication caused will balance out. I don't think there is any pill that will cure this for you but the supplements you mentioned may help. Keep in mind, they will only help if you have a good diet. They are meant to supplement a healthy diet. You might try a natural test booster to kick up your body's production.

Good luck to you.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Hello...new to the forum with a question
    By amw in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-08-2008, 09:09 PM
  2. New to the forum. Have question
    By Protege in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-25-2007, 06:08 PM
  3. New to the forum, couple pics
    By James in forum Pics