Steroids=bone growth ?

1. Registered User
    Answers

Steroids=bone growth ?

Hello! I'm new around here. I thought this would be the best place to answer this so here it goes..
    I've read in another forum someone saying that his facial bones and other bones in general(wrists, etc..) have grown quite a bit after the use of steroids for over 4 years, from 19 to 23. I'd like to know if any of you ever noticed the same thing, any bone development at all? thanks

Ooops.. I think I posted this in the wrong place..

2. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Flay View Post
    Hello! I'm new around here. I thought this would be the best place to answer this so here it goes..
    I've read in another forum someone saying that his facial bones and other bones in general(wrists, etc..) have grown quite a bit after the use of steroids for over 4 years, from 19 to 23. I'd like to know if any of you ever noticed the same thing, any bone development at all? thanks
    Both estrogen and testosterone increase bone density. Lack of estrogen (menapause) is the main etiology of osteoporosis in women.
  3. JJC
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Flay View Post

Ooops.. I think I posted this in the wrong place..
    You're thinking of hGH...which can cause acromegaly. Signs of acromegaly include thickening of the bones (but not lengthening) which can most easily be seen in the jaw, face, and forehead and even fingers and toes, enlargement of the organs, and other facial features.

Most other steroids are related to testosterone, estrogen, or cortisol modulation which are not responsible for body structure growth.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

kid, i know what ur thinking. dont. steroids will not make u grow taller
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by arena View Post
    kid, i know what ur thinking. dont. steroids will not make u grow taller
    Actually I think they can. If I remeber right it is the aromatization into estrogen that causes stunted growth. So if you took something like anavar that didn't aromatize it may make you taller. Or just took something to block estrogen. I'm not 100% because obviously I've never looked into them for that use.lol Still not a great idea. As far as going from 19 to 23 and having bones grow I'm sure it was natural. Why do you think a 19 year old doesn't look like a 23 year old.
  6. JJC
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

If you ask this because you want to grow taller, then you need to get your head checked. That could be one of the dumbest things you could do to yourself. Seriously, google "acromegaly" and start reading. It is a process, that when starts to occur, cannot be reversed. You will end up looking like a cro-magnon freak.

IF (and this is a big if) you think that something is seriously wrong with you, your doctor could potentially prescribe you something which could end up being hGH. This would probably be in a very extreme case though, one where your body is being ravaged by a disease that is delaying growth or simply stunting your growth. Administration would be done in a highly controlled manner, quite unlike what you could do for yourself.

If you're not looking to use steroids/growth hormones to grow and are just asking out of curiosity, well you already have your answer.

Be smart. Stay safe.
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Well first off thank you all for replying. I'm not wanting to grow taller but I'd like to have a more developed facial structure and also get stronger..
    One thing I didn't understand,
    "Seriously, google "acromegaly" and start reading. It is a process, that when starts to occur, cannot be reversed. You will end up looking like a cro-magnon freak."

I've read about that before and it's scary.. but what about all the people using steroids? they don't get acromegaly

I'm thinking about getting some supps like di arginine malate, I heard they can stimulate hgh release and the pump would be nice too.. what do you think?
  8. Registered User
    Answers

I don't know how a steroid would make your bones grow. Your muscles yes, but bones? Arnold had pretty skinny wrist so does Ronnie and Jay. I think that is a myth.
  9. Registered User
    Answers

Anabolic steriods or anabolic-androgenic steriods are used therapeutically in medicine to stimulate or influence bone growth, amongst others. This is why individuals that have not completed the physiological growth process (up to the age of 26 or so for males) should not use anabolic steriods, as abnormal bone alterations may occur.
  10. Banned
    Answers

anavar used to be used in children to accelerate bone and muscle growth. it is the only anabolic steroid i know of that has ever been used for that purpose.

Steroids increase bone density. your friend, over the years, probably has experienced a significant increase in bone density, muscle growth, and tendon strength and size. The combination of the 3 are going to have the effect he mentioned.

Growth hormone obviously has a much more direct effect on bone growth (not the same as simple increase in density). Extensive or excessive use of growth hormone for substantial periods of time are known to cause changes in hands/feet/nail growth/facial features. Some are also predisposed to this.
  11. Recovering AXoholic
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

It's been rumored that some steroids (namely, Dianabol) can cause joint growth, leading to such jaw lines as Andre the Giant's and Jay Cutler's.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  12. Registered User
    Answers

Once the growth plates close bone will no longer grow in length but can continue to get thicker/denser.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC
  13. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    It's been rumored that some steroids (namely, Dianabol) can cause joint growth, leading to such jaw lines as Andre the Giant's and Jay Cutler's.
    it is my understanding that dianabol doesnt convert to estradiol, but to a more potent estrogen with more diverse function. cant remember where i read that. ill look for it
  14. Recovering AXoholic
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jomi822 View Post
    it is my understanding that dianabol doesnt convert to estradiol, but to a more potent estrogen with more diverse function. cant remember where i read that. ill look for it
    I'm sure you've at least heard the joint rumor. A guy at my work (who used to workout with some dbol-ers back in the day) checked my jaw line to see if I was on 'roids or not.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  15. Banned
    Answers

well its no secret that androgen use by females causes the mandible to enlarge. Im not sure how that translates into heavy androgen use by men.
  16. Registered User
    Answers

Hi Guys,

I need a bit of advise.

I have been using Testaplex C200 and have gain mussle and picked up about 10KG but obviously no bone growth.
    I am very skinny and would like to grow my bone in my arms , ect..

Does anyone have advise for me?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. IGF-1 and bone growth/formation
    By utk1976 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-24-2011, 10:00 PM
  2. Question About Steroids Stunting Growth?
    By XDriftKingsX in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 04-26-2009, 10:30 AM
  3. Bone growth, from steroids(under 26).
    By Superdoad in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-07-2009, 10:38 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-09-2006, 11:32 PM
  5. winny and bone growth
    By polski_69 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-10-2003, 06:32 PM