Steroids=bone growth ?

Flay

Awards
Hello! I'm new around here. I thought this would be the best place to answer this so here it goes..
I've read in another forum someone saying that his facial bones and other bones in general(wrists, etc..) have grown quite a bit after the use of steroids for over 4 years, from 19 to 23. I'd like to know if any of you ever noticed the same thing, any bone development at all? thanks

Ooops.. I think I posted this in the wrong place..

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Hello! I'm new around here. I thought this would be the best place to answer this so here it goes..
I've read in another forum someone saying that his facial bones and other bones in general(wrists, etc..) have grown quite a bit after the use of steroids for over 4 years, from 19 to 23. I'd like to know if any of you ever noticed the same thing, any bone development at all? thanks
Both estrogen and testosterone increase bone density. Lack of estrogen (menapause) is the main etiology of osteoporosis in women.

JJC

Awards
  • Established

Ooops.. I think I posted this in the wrong place..
You're thinking of hGH...which can cause acromegaly. Signs of acromegaly include thickening of the bones (but not lengthening) which can most easily be seen in the jaw, face, and forehead and even fingers and toes, enlargement of the organs, and other facial features.

Most other steroids are related to testosterone, estrogen, or cortisol modulation which are not responsible for body structure growth.

arena

kid, i know what ur thinking. dont. steroids will not make u grow taller

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
kid, i know what ur thinking. dont. steroids will not make u grow taller
Actually I think they can. If I remeber right it is the aromatization into estrogen that causes stunted growth. So if you took something like anavar that didn't aromatize it may make you taller. Or just took something to block estrogen. I'm not 100% because obviously I've never looked into them for that use.lol Still not a great idea. As far as going from 19 to 23 and having bones grow I'm sure it was natural. Why do you think a 19 year old doesn't look like a 23 year old.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
If you ask this because you want to grow taller, then you need to get your head checked. That could be one of the dumbest things you could do to yourself. Seriously, google "acromegaly" and start reading. It is a process, that when starts to occur, cannot be reversed. You will end up looking like a cro-magnon freak.

IF (and this is a big if) you think that something is seriously wrong with you, your doctor could potentially prescribe you something which could end up being hGH. This would probably be in a very extreme case though, one where your body is being ravaged by a disease that is delaying growth or simply stunting your growth. Administration would be done in a highly controlled manner, quite unlike what you could do for yourself.

If you're not looking to use steroids/growth hormones to grow and are just asking out of curiosity, well you already have your answer.

Be smart. Stay safe.

Flay

Awards
Well first off thank you all for replying. I'm not wanting to grow taller but I'd like to have a more developed facial structure and also get stronger..
One thing I didn't understand,
"Seriously, google "acromegaly" and start reading. It is a process, that when starts to occur, cannot be reversed. You will end up looking like a cro-magnon freak."

I've read about that before and it's scary.. but what about all the people using steroids? they don't get acromegaly:think:

I'm thinking about getting some supps like di arginine malate, I heard they can stimulate hgh release and the pump would be nice too.. what do you think?

Sulsuknjrk

Awards
I don't know how a steroid would make your bones grow. Your muscles yes, but bones? Arnold had pretty skinny wrist so does Ronnie and Jay. I think that is a myth.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anabolic steriods or anabolic-androgenic steriods are used therapeutically in medicine to stimulate or influence bone growth, amongst others. This is why individuals that have not completed the physiological growth process (up to the age of 26 or so for males) should not use anabolic steriods, as abnormal bone alterations may occur.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
anavar used to be used in children to accelerate bone and muscle growth. it is the only anabolic steroid i know of that has ever been used for that purpose.

Steroids increase bone density. your friend, over the years, probably has experienced a significant increase in bone density, muscle growth, and tendon strength and size. The combination of the 3 are going to have the effect he mentioned.

Growth hormone obviously has a much more direct effect on bone growth (not the same as simple increase in density). Extensive or excessive use of growth hormone for substantial periods of time are known to cause changes in hands/feet/nail growth/facial features. Some are also predisposed to this.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's been rumored that some steroids (namely, Dianabol) can cause joint growth, leading to such jaw lines as Andre the Giant's and Jay Cutler's.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Once the growth plates close bone will no longer grow in length but can continue to get thicker/denser.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It's been rumored that some steroids (namely, Dianabol) can cause joint growth, leading to such jaw lines as Andre the Giant's and Jay Cutler's.
it is my understanding that dianabol doesnt convert to estradiol, but to a more potent estrogen with more diverse function. cant remember where i read that. ill look for it

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
it is my understanding that dianabol doesnt convert to estradiol, but to a more potent estrogen with more diverse function. cant remember where i read that. ill look for it
I'm sure you've at least heard the joint rumor. A guy at my work (who used to workout with some dbol-ers back in the day) checked my jaw line to see if I was on 'roids or not.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
well its no secret that androgen use by females causes the mandible to enlarge. Im not sure how that translates into heavy androgen use by men.

Me9520

Awards
Hi Guys,

I need a bit of advise.

I have been using Testaplex C200 and have gain mussle and picked up about 10KG but obviously no bone growth.
I am very skinny and would like to grow my bone in my arms , ect..

Does anyone have advise for me?

Sonofcisco

Awards
I was a passenger in a car that was in an accident 10 years ago (2008), i was wearing a seat belt. A good friend of mine got seriously hurt, and has had multiple plastic surgeries in his face to stitch up ligaments, tendons, and muscles. He also had multiple surgeries to fix the orbital plate, nasal, cheek, teeth, and jaw bones. He was not wearing his seat belt.

A few of the other patients have mentioned numerous steroids to help the healing process of the various bones, and teeth, and then there are the ligaments, tendons and muscles.

His face is a mess on the inside and out. But he also has cervical, thoracic, and lumbar herniations, as well as fractures. Both shoulders have torn rotator cuffs and tendons, the hip has a torn labrum, and torn tendon, and knee has a torn ligament, and torn tendon.

He asked me to write this because he cant.

He would like to know, based on the injuries i just mentioned, if you guys could be specific and say what medication would work with a specific injury.

At the time of the crash, he could bench 325lbs, with the help of the stuff he got from GNC. Protein Powder drings, Tribulus pills, DHEA pills, and Nitric Oxide pills.

He never desired to do anything else back then, but now he would like to know if there is anything that can help him heal his multiple injuries. He also gained 80lbs since the accident, and would like to know what can burn the fat off him the fastest.

He says thank you so much for your help.