Protein Bars, any suggestions?

bombBoogie

bombBoogie

Awards
  • Established
I on and off keep a protein bar in my bag in case of sudden hunger surges.
I buy Detour Bar by Designer Whey, 24 bars for $20. I was wondering is there a protein bar that can compare to their taste value and price range?

Thank you.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
For the very occasional urge I like the Marathon bars. 99 cents a bar for the 21gram protein version 149 for the 28 gram.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
I on and off keep a protein bar in my bag in case of sudden hunger surges.
I buy Detour Bar by Designer Whey, 24 bars for $20. I was wondering is there a protein bar that can compare to their taste value and price range?

Thank you.

I love the MetRX 'Big 100' Bars. They are a little more expensive (~$4 in a conv. store) or ~$1.75 at Safeway.

27g protein, they taste great, and are sort of filling in a pinch.

Not something that I would try to eat on a regular basis, but if you ~have~ to, they are pretty good. I haven't tried the Detour bar so I don't know how they compare though.

X

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Muscle Milk bars are decent...vanilla toffee

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
I'm loving the Pumpkin Supreme VPX Zero Impact bars...... strangely delicious. Where's FitnFirm.... she'll talk your ear off about them....

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
I'm loving the Pumpkin Supreme VPX Zero Impact bars...... strangely delicious. Where's FitnFirm.... she'll talk your ear off about them....
VPX Zero Impact Pumpkin is by far the best tasting bar I've ever tried.

A bar that hardly gets any press that also tastes great is the Karma bars by Met-RX.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
I like VPX Zero Impact Bars and DS Sustain bars. Both VERY good.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
The big man Viper knows his stuff.
Never tried Karma.... are they nutritionally good also?

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ive tried sooo many

Best:
1. (tied) worldwide pure protein bars and labrada gold
2. sustain bars

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Pure Protein bars are the best bars I have ever personally tried (Strawberry Shortcake and Country Blueberry Pie are my favorites.) The nutrional profile is solid aswell.

I placed an order from Nutra yesterday for some protein and such and I wanted to get some VPX Zero Impact Pumpkin Bars (I fcking love Pumpkin Pie) and forgot to order them! Now I gotta wait until I place my next order to try one! aggrivating as hell. Nothing but good feedback about the VPX bars aswell though.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Pure Protein bars are the best bars I have ever personally tried (Strawberry Shortcake and Country Blueberry Pie are my favorites.) The nutrional profile is solid aswell.

I placed an order from Nutra yesterday for some protein and such and I wanted to get some VPX Zero Impact Pumpkin Bars (I fcking love Pumpkin Pie) and forgot to order them! Now I gotta wait until I place my next order to try one! aggrivating as hell. Nothing but good feedback about the VPX bars aswell though.
Am I correct that Pure Protein has hydrolyzed gelatin as part of their protein blend?

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Here's the rundown on a Karma Bar:

A little more sugar than I'd prefer, relatively speaking, but not bad compared to a lot of stuff out there. I'll keep my eyes peeled for these. Thanks VS

jrm

jrm

Awards
Best bar I've ever tried is Supreme Protein by Prosource. Cannot beat the taste, hands down. I've been experiementing with Detour's Oatmeal bars. They don't seem to melt and will be good for me while on campus. Their macros are pretty decent in my opinion, but not the best tasting; function over form in my case.

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
A little more sugar than I'd prefer, relatively speaking, but not bad compared to a lot of stuff out there. I'll keep my eyes peeled for these. Thanks VS
No problem. Personally when it comes to protein bars, I buy them for taste mainly. When I'm hardcore dieting they are out of the equation all together. :)

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Am I correct that Pure Protein has hydrolyzed gelatin as part of their protein blend?
It does contain hydrolyzed gelatine but along with whey Protein Hydrolysate and Whey Protein Isolate. I know its not the best protein souce to have in there but I believe the majority of the protein is comming from the solid amino acid profiled proteins with the Hydrolyzed gelatine just there for the texture of the bar (I dont believe there trying to fill the bar with crap protien, just for the texture.)

Either way they taste damn good :food:.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
OCC where have you been? I havent seen posts by you as of recent. Oh yea and Jacksonvilles my team but i think Denver is sic(and yes better)
-----end hi-jack---

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Ive been lurking a little but Ive been real busy with pre-op stuff and just getting stuff squared away before it, that and my friends are starting to leave for college so Ive been hanging out alot with them and such. Jacksonville's got some talent (MJD is a like a mini bulldozer) if only Leftwhich could step up and stay healthy lol.

But yea, mmm protein bars...

jrob24

Awards
i saw a research somewhere done on pure protein bars, and it came up they had like 12 more grams of fat then listed, im gonna try and find it

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
Best bar I've ever tried is Supreme Protein by Prosource. Cannot beat the taste, hands down. I've been experiementing with Detour's Oatmeal bars. They don't seem to melt and will be good for me while on campus. Their macros are pretty decent in my opinion, but not the best tasting; function over form in my case.
It is the best tasting bar on the market hands down, however the 27 grams of sugar alcohol is enough to make my stomach cringe. Otherwise the cleanest bar I've seen and my overall favorite is, as others have said the VPX Zero Impact bars. The ingredients(not just the nutritional facts) on this bar are amazing! No hydrogenated oils at all!!!

i saw a research somewhere done on pure protein bars, and it came up they had like 12 more grams of fat then listed, im gonna try and find it
Theres another site that will remain nameless that does lab tests on various bars and other supplements and yeah alot of bars by a particular company didn't meet label claims.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeah, i think they use hydrolized whey? Or some sh1tty protein source

but it tastes good :D

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Prosources bar is delicious and its got good qaulity protein, also I noticed that labradas bars dont get talked about as much they taste pretty good.

Link24

Awards
  • Established
Zero impacts Pumpkin is the best bar by far taste better than any regular food

ntrlmuscle

ntrlmuscle

Awards

amen brutha....and they pick GREAT models for their ads(shameless self plug):