the freakin' rican

sf9ersfan8

sf9ersfan8

Awards
so i was reading muscular development like i do every month and i was reading gustavo badell's column. he was talking about cycling supps. and said "...protein shakes, glutamine, and creatine are great supplements, but they should be used for a period of time and then stopped so that the body can rest and recuperate and you won't saturate the receptors..."

I thought that they can be used constantly, at least protien... any thoughts?

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
so i was reading muscular development like i do every month and i was reading gustavo badell's column. he was talking about cycling supps. and said "...protein shakes, glutamine, and creatine are great supplements, but they should be used for a period of time and then stopped so that the body can rest and recuperate and you won't saturate the receptors..."

Creatine should be cycled IMO, there is evidence to support this because just like any other supp it will lose it's effectiveness. Some guys stay on for months, I usually do 6 on 6 off. I don't use glutamine and I don't see the point in cycling whey protein shakes, thats just retarded.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
I agree. I dont think whey should be cycled. If i remember correctly whey protien is one of the things that doesnt need to be cycled. creatine and other things do however.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established

He was probably confusing it with his massive steroid stash. Dyslexic moment...no biggie.

sf9ersfan8

sf9ersfan8

Awards
He was probably confusing it with his massive steroid stash. Dyslexic moment...no biggie.
lol.

but why would one of the top bodybuilders in the world say something like that. are we all missing out on something?