Need a little help

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
The Wife went to the Chiropractor today and he gave her a bottle of "All Natural" pills for a natural relaxant. I looked at it and I only recognize one of the ingredients. Looking for a chemist to give his opinion or someone who knows what this junk is and if it's just a bunch of Hooey.
Ingredients:6 parts Valerian Root(Quad-Strength)1X,3parts Passiflora (Quad-Strength) 1X, 1 part Magnesium Carbonate 1X.
Dosage:Take two every meal and at bedtime.
It looks like a scam to me but I told her I would ask.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Valerian, Passiflora (which is Passion Flower) and Magnesium carbonate are all solid ingredients for relaxation. The effects of Valerian tend to wear off after a few days but if you only use it sporadically, it works just fine.

Valium is based off Valerian root compounds.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
The sounds like a herbal sleep pill to me...I've used all those in the past with the addition of melatonin and loved it.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the help I appreciate it. The mods can take this off the board now.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
their legite - it's also good to take magnesium with calcium (like a beaker of warm milk) for absorption and better effect. valarian is a good muscle relaxant. i've used it in the past and never experieneced it wearing off after a few days personally. but everyone is different.