Capping..Bad Mixes.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
For those who mix and cap their own, this thread is for those mixes that went awry for whatever reason.

Right now I am watching a mixture of 500 grams of N-Acetyl Cysteine mixed with about 15 grams of NA-RALA polymerize right in front of me. I just mixed it moments ago and when I opened the container after shaking it all up the appearance and consistency of the normally free-flowing granules changed into almost gelatin-like granules. Great.

Not only that, but the mix appears to be endothermic..the container got fairly cool and it is softening the OOO caps I put the first batch into.

I should probably ginneau pig this on myself before giving it to my wife..the original intended recipient.

Chem gurus...feel free to laugh at me and tell me what went wrong. lol

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
For those who mix and cap their own, this thread is for those mixes that went awry for whatever reason.

Right now I am watching a mixture of 500 grams of N-Acetyl Cysteine mixed with about 15 grams of NA-RALA polymerize right in front of me. I just mixed it moments ago and when I opened the container after shaking it all up the appearance and consistency of the normally free-flowing granules changed into almost gelatin-like granules. Great.

Not only that, but the mix appears to be endothermic..the container got fairly cool and it is softening the OOO caps I put the first batch into.

I should probably ginneau pig this on myself before giving it to my wife..the original intended recipient.

Chem gurus...feel free to laugh at me and tell me what went wrong. lol
I know that regular RLA (not fortified with sodium) will polymerize upon exposure to heat, light, or moisture. However the sodium fortified stuff is not supposed to do this, so you got me.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Well, the reaction seems to have stopped short of true polymerization but it did make the normally dry, granular NAC quite a bit more "wet" feeling and far less free flowing.

It's weird whatever it is.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Too much lube and a plastic covered chair!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whale blubber and chocolate birthday cake (with cream cheese frosting).

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Capping yellow gold without laying down a piece of paper to cap on. You an tell where I capped it because it's yellow.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Capping yellow gold without laying down a piece of paper to cap on. You an tell where I capped it because it's yellow.
Cap some DNP....Yellow Gold times 100.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I still have either YG or curcumin stains all over my desk.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If I owned/could afford/was brave enough to use DNP, I'd let you know how that panned out.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 11
Bmac63095 Training Forum 24
MidwestBeast Supplement Auction 1
StayinHeavy Anabolics 10
brundel Anabolics 33