Superior Pea Protein vs Egg Protein?

Riquee

Riquee

Awards
  • Established
What do you guys think of this protein vs Egg Protein?

Superior Pea Protein Isolate (PPI) is a natural yellow pea based protein with unrivalled taste, solubility and quality. It is a "2nd Generation" PPI, hence its far superior quality to everything else currently on the market!

Before stocking PPI we tried numerous samples from different manufacturers. We found this PPI was head and shoulders above every other product we sampled. From taste to technical data it had the competition well and truly beaten:

# It has the highest solubility (up to 50% higher) of any PPI product on the market!

# It is 100% GMO Free, many other PPI products are not!

# It has a neutral taste. Other lesser quality 1st generation PPI’s have a very unpleasant pea-like taste!

# Each serving contains 85% protein! Compare this to other PPI products on the market (sold at a higher price) and you will see that our PPI is a far superior product!

# It is spray dried and granulated for easy dispersability.

# It is suitable for vegetarians, vegans and is also Halal and Kosher certified!

# It boasts an impressive amino acid profile very close to the ideal for human nutrition.

# It is rich in arginine, bcaa’s, glutamine and lysine; beneficial for growth, performance and recovery from stress!

# It has 97% digestability; similar to that of animal derived proteins.

# It uses no artificial flavours or sweeteners.

# It is lactose, gluten and cholesterol free.

# And as with all our products we are offering this PPI (despite its clear superiority over other PPI’s) at the lowest price in Europe! Compare both the product and price with our competitiors and see for yourself!

Amino Acid Profile

Per 100g of Protein:
Aspartic acid 11.5g
Glutamic acid 17.2g
Alanine 4.2g
Arginine 8.7g
Cystine 1.1g
Glycine 4.2g
Histidine 2.5g
Isoleucine 4.8g
Leucine 8.3g
Lysine 7.3g
Methionine 1.0g
Phenylalanine 5.3g
Proline 4.5g
Serine 5.1g
Threonine 4.0g
Tyrosine 3.8g
Valine 5.0g
Tryptophane 1.0g

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
i have not heard of PPI, i can only imagine it giving me the craps though. unless it is substantially better and cheaper, im fine with my egg & milk protein powders. someone else can be the guinea pig!

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
Pea protein is worthless. Aside from debatable soy, you cannot get all of the EAA's, and BCAA's from a non animal source protein.

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
I'll have to look it up again, and I'm assuming it's the same pea protein I've seen sold at Vitamin Shoppe. With that being said it had a ridiculously small amount of protein in it like 6-7 grams per scoop(serving). I hate to jump to any conclusions without scientific backing, but I don't see it containing significant levels of BCAA'S or EAA's with such small servings. Otherwise and unless found in bulk quantities you'd have to mix SEVERAL scoops to make a singal serving(30-40gm), making this very expensive. I'll see if I can find a credible source/info for this but I have read in a few places that plant based proteins other than soy lack in all the specific aminos your body needs to remain anabolic.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
True Protein's PPI looks to be pretty good...protein content is pretty high.

Although I haven't tried it yet.

P

porkhide

Awards
Pea protein is worthless. Aside from debatable soy, you cannot get all of the EAA's, and BCAA's from a non animal source protein.
Quinoa and spirolina do but you have to consume alot
only around 50% protien for spirolina and around 15% for Quinoa.
Unless your a vegan why bother, other than for taste Quinoa
makes a good couscous or porage

gdbear65

gdbear65

Awards
  • Established
I've tried yellow pea protein - was very chalky, which I didn't like, but otherwise seemed ok. Because of it's chalky texture, it took me forever to finish the tub. If I were looking an alternate source for protein I'd be looking at hemp.