Newby starting out and looking for advice...

aussiefrase

Awards
Have been going to the gym for about 3-4months now, and i am happy with my results however i would like to step it up a notch. Currently eating well, having creatine pre-workout and protein shake after i work out. Looking for some advice on what supplements i need to get MASSIVE! Have been reading about RPM, seems like a nice product.

your advice is much needed!

Aussie Frase

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Stick with what you've got for the next 6-9 months. Someone like you so new to the gym really doesn't need a whole lot to really see results. Plus this will give you time to make sure you've settled into a solid diet and routine.

Some staples that everyone should have are:
Whey protein (your choice)
A good multi-vitamin (NOW Adam, Optimum Nutrition's Opti-Men, or Controlled Labs's Orange Triad)
Fish Oil pills
Creatine
And an optional pre-workout mix/capsules

So if you want to give RPM a try if you're feeling like you need an extra boost to get you motivated then go for it. It WILL do the job.

Other than that, don't jump into supplements too quickly. Learn alot first before you start making purchases. That will keep you from buying a lot of crap and will also delay the inevitable black hole that are supplements...once you jump into the supplement world, you will never want to turn back...so dangerous...to my wallet...

aussiefrase

Awards
re.

i am 22. If i was to give RPM a go, how long before training would i take it. Also would taking creatine with it before training be a right move? or is it more one and not the other

thanks for the advice so far, there are so many products out there, that i have no idea about

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Take Rpm about thirty minutes before the gym. And creatine won't hurt it or have any adverse effect. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water. Water is your friend, get plenty of it especially if you are using creatine.
Also when first starting out don't go nuts on Supplements. You will end up buying stuff that will just sit in your pantry. Just the basics and then when you are comfortable move on or up.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Have been going to the gym for about 3-4months now, and i am happy with my results however i would like to step it up a notch. Currently eating well, having creatine pre-workout and protein shake after i work out. Looking for some advice on what supplements i need to get MASSIVE! Have been reading about RPM, seems like a nice product.

your advice is much needed!

Aussie Frase
Dude, no matter what you put into your body, you will not get huge overnight (especially if your a hard gainer like me). Focus on a good diet (protein rich), proper technique, and proper rest, and you will see results in due time. The only supplements I used when I was new were whey protein, creatine, and multi-v's. We all have to put in our time to get any worthwhile gains. About 10 years ago I started weighing a measley 135 lbs and could barely bench the olympic bar. Today I'm a lean 175lbs, and can throw up 315 without a problem. Its all about consistency, never giving up, and remaining teachable.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Dude, no matter what you put into your body, you will not get huge overnight (especially if your a hard gainer like me). Focus on a good diet (protein rich), proper technique, and proper rest, and you will see results in due time. The only supplements I used when I was new were whey protein, creatine, and multi-v's. We all have to put in our time to get any worthwhile gains. About 10 years ago I started weighing a measley 135 lbs and could barely bench the olympic bar. Today I'm a lean 175lbs, and can throw up 315 without a problem. Its all about consistency, never giving up, and remaining teachable.
werd. diet diet diet. seems like this guys not gonna listen reguardless and just dive straight into supplements. get your **** in gear first bro before you take supps. RPM is a good supp but you'll be dissapointed as hell when you dont see results from a poor diet.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
The Magic pill does not exist! Diet will determine what you do.