Why no hoopla over genera cissus?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Banned
    justreading's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,693
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    28.32%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Why no hoopla over genera cissus?


    Genera recently released 24% cissus extract at a comperable price to USP 10% cissus yet there have been no annoucements or reviews or discussions. Does anyone have any feedback or thoughts on this cissus?

  2. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,240
    Rep Power
    963213
    Level
    92
    Lv. Percent
    38.02%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    It is the cissus that was found in Symmetry-X. It is an anabolic as opposed to an anabolic/joint repair extract.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  3. New Member
    xjsynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    92
    Rep Power
    175
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    74.67%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity Authority

    This is the first I heard of it.
    There own site doesn't even have info on it. I did see it at NP though...
    •   
       

  4. Banned
    justreading's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,693
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    28.32%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    It is the cissus that was found in Symmetry-X. It is an anabolic as opposed to an anabolic/joint repair extract.
    I don't know if I buy that idea because Prima cissus is 40% and people use it for joints. Are they extracting different things?
  5. O.G. Appnut
    Vitruvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,203
    Rep Power
    85509
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    31.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by justreading View Post
    I don't know if I buy that idea because Prima cissus is 40% and people use it for joints. Are they extracting different things?
    That's what they are saying...
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Better Results Through Science
    Success occurs when everything you have is APPLIED.
    Have you heard about N.O. Uptake? ;-)
  6. Elite Member
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,983
    Rep Power
    986032
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    69.75%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by justreading View Post
    I don't know if I buy that idea because Prima cissus is 40% and people use it for joints. Are they extracting different things?
    Yes, it's specific ketosterones....I believe there's four of them. Look at the ingredients in a lot of the new herbal hypertrophic products...many will say cissus extract as an ingredient...it's likely that these ketosterones are the ones that were from Symmetry and are supposed to have anabolic effects. Is ay this b/c none of these "hypertrophic" products claim to have joint soothing properties, or at least not any that I'm aware of.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  7. Banned
    matthew76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,671
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    28.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    i've had this product for 2 months now and feel no difference between the USP cissus and this one...

    taste SUCKS - thankfully i capped the rest of my stash - great price though!!
  8. Banned
    justreading's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,693
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    28.32%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Wierd so it looks like USP or Prima is the way to go for joints... Hmm ok just looking for different options.
  9. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Steveoph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,524
    Rep Power
    41245
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.2%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Yea I was also looking at this new product. For only about $2 more you can get an extra 14% extract, but you just got to make sure you're not comparing apples to oranges!
  10. Elite Member
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,983
    Rep Power
    986032
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    69.75%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    What product are you referring to? Unless it's an extract of the same four ketosterones it will be hard to compare mg to mg (even if doing the conversions based on the extraction percentages).
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  11. New Member
    riseboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    34
    Posts
    364
    Rep Power
    273
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    48.89%

    Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    What product are you referring to? Unless it's an extract of the same four ketosterones it will be hard to compare mg to mg (even if doing the conversions based on the extraction percentages).
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/1...laris-24-.html
  12. Senior Member
    b unit's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  242 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,646
    Rep Power
    1423
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    67.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    it's genera's
  13. Elite Member
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,983
    Rep Power
    986032
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    69.75%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Yeah, I knew SteveoPH was talking about the new Genera Bulk Hydroxl, I just wasn't sure what other product he was talking about...in hindsite, I'm guessing he was referring to the Bulk Super Cissus.

    From past discussions about USPLabs Symmetry indicate that the Bulk Hydroxl 4 is intended to be used more for anabolism. The cissus extracts for joint relief are more than just these four specific ketosterones.
    Last edited by stxnas; 08-16-2007 at 10:19 PM.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  14. Guest
    Guest
    Guest's Avatar

    Genera is USPlabs cissus. We sell to them.
  15. Registered User
    Zombie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  212 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,584
    Rep Power
    2919
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    41.67%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by justreading View Post
    Wierd so it looks like USP or Prima is the way to go for joints... Hmm ok just looking for different options.
    well there not the only way to go. i woulnt bother with Prima 40% cissus.

    i would stay with somethin like Suppercissus RX or AN Osteobolin-C
  16. Guest
    Guest
    Guest's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    well there not the only way to go. i woulnt bother with Prima 40% cissus.

    i would stay with somethin like Suppercissus RX or AN Osteobolin-C
    I would go with Super Cissus Rx. The founder and creator that lead the industry to create cissus products.

    But are they the same? Well split open a few caps and super cissus shines differently.
  17. Banned
    justreading's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,693
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    28.32%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    So we now know that USP sells to genera - Thats one good thing so we know its a quality product.

    MY question still remains, is this cissus "symetry"? If it is then maybe for PCT it might be better and supress cortisol better?

    % alone doesn't determine effects though, there is a ton of good feedback on primaforce for joint recovery but ths genera cissus is the only one that mentions hydroxy or whatever thats why I am wondering if it is different.
  18. Elite Member
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,983
    Rep Power
    986032
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    69.75%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    The Nutraplanet website states that the product is USPLabs certified...the product is called Hydroxl 4, which is the cissus extraction in Symmetry...I'm just sayin'...
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  19. New Member
    vince spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    36
    Posts
    329
    Rep Power
    261
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    96.77%

    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    well there not the only way to go. i woulnt bother with Prima 40% cissus.

    i would stay with somethin like Suppercissus RX or AN Osteobolin-C
    have you tried primaforce? because if you havent tried it to compare then your veiw isnt coming from anywhere of any substance. i personally am taking usp's bulk supercissus at the moment which im finding very good but i will be getting some primaforce cissus in my next nutraplanet order to see how it compares. a couple of guys from my gym swear by primaforce cissus as the one,. so i intend to find out for myself
    :clean:
  20. Banned
    matthew76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,671
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    28.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    no, zombie is just a nut-hugger for certain companies

    Quote Originally Posted by vince spider View Post
    have you tried primaforce? because if you havent tried it to compare then your veiw isnt coming from anywhere of any substance. i personally am taking usp's bulk supercissus at the moment which im finding very good but i will be getting some primaforce cissus in my next nutraplanet order to see how it compares. a couple of guys from my gym swear by primaforce cissus as the one,. so i intend to find out for myself
    :clean:
  21. New Member
    sp33dkillz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    128
    Rep Power
    169
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    83.37%

    Black dragon labs makes a cissus product too, and i've never heard anyone mention it. I found some cheap and stocked up a few months back.
  22. Guest
    Guest
    Guest's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by vince spider View Post
    have you tried primaforce? because if you havent tried it to compare then your veiw isnt coming from anywhere of any substance. i personally am taking usp's bulk supercissus at the moment which im finding very good but i will be getting some primaforce cissus in my next nutraplanet order to see how it compares. a couple of guys from my gym swear by primaforce cissus as the one,. so i intend to find out for myself
    :clean:
    Keep us updated on the comparison it's good for every party involved from consumer to company.
  23. New Member
    xjsynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    92
    Rep Power
    175
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    74.67%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by matthew76 View Post
    no, zombie is just a nut-hugger for certain companies
    Can't argue with that....
  24. New Member
    xjsynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    92
    Rep Power
    175
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    74.67%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by USPLabs View Post
    I would go with Super Cissus Rx. The founder and creator that lead the industry to create cissus products.

    But are they the same? Well split open a few caps and super cissus shines differently.
    I am not suprised to hear that from the founder and creator
  25. Board Sponsor
    poison's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,904
    Rep Power
    37731
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    44.24%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Primaforce Cissus sucks. I used 1 bottle. I'd stick with USPLabs, and i wouldn't hesitate to try AN Osteo-C.
  26. Professional Member
    nycste's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,174
    Rep Power
    1690
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    72.14%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    Primaforce Cissus sucks. I used 1 bottle. I'd stick with USPLabs, and i wouldn't hesitate to try AN Osteo-C.
    wow thanks for the detailed response about why it sucks..

    from your review i can see why. EXPLAIN
  27. Recovering AXoholic
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11891
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    26.95%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by USPLabs View Post
    I would go with Super Cissus Rx. The founder and creator that lead the industry to create cissus products.

    But are they the same? Well split open a few caps and super cissus shines differently.
    It doesn't even need to come to that.

    Fact of the matter is, you guys know what the heck is going on with Cissus, and 90% of the copycats don't.

    There's more to SuperCissusRx than just ther ketosteroids in it, it also contains several important minerals/vitamins and polysacharides. And if I'm wrong in saying that, then perhaps I should stop smoking my cissus. :P
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  28. Senior Member
    b unit's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  242 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,646
    Rep Power
    1423
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    67.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    Primaforce Cissus sucks. I used 1 bottle. I'd stick with USPLabs, and i wouldn't hesitate to try AN Osteo-C.
    i have used usp's cissus and super cissus, nutra's bulk cissus and primaforce cissus

    prima stacks up just as good as usp's super cissus and i'm on my third bottle of prima right now

    i also have just bought the bulk version of usp's super cissus which i intend to use soon.

  29. Senior Member
    b unit's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  242 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,646
    Rep Power
    1423
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    67.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Originally Posted by poison
    Primaforce Cissus sucks. I used 1 bottle. I'd stick with USPLabs, and i wouldn't hesitate to try AN Osteo-C.

    Quote Originally Posted by nycste View Post
    wow thanks for the detailed response about why it sucks..
  30. New Member
    vince spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    36
    Posts
    329
    Rep Power
    261
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    96.77%

    Quote Originally Posted by USPLabs View Post
    Keep us updated on the comparison it's good for every party involved from consumer to company.
    will do, im am a big fan of usp laps and am currently running new powefull(which is totally awesome) and bulk supercissus. the combination im really enjoying.
    but like i said earlier would just like to see how the 40% primaforce cissus compares
  31. New Member
    vince spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    36
    Posts
    329
    Rep Power
    261
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    96.77%

    Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    Primaforce Cissus sucks. I used 1 bottle. I'd stick with USPLabs, and i wouldn't hesitate to try AN Osteo-C.
    yeah thats sounds like a really educated responce
  32. O.G. Appnut
    Vitruvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,203
    Rep Power
    85509
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    31.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by USPLabs View Post
    I would go with Super Cissus Rx. The founder and creator that lead the industry to create cissus products.

    But are they the same? Well split open a few caps and super cissus shines differently.
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Better Results Through Science
    Success occurs when everything you have is APPLIED.
    Have you heard about N.O. Uptake? ;-)
  33. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Steveoph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,524
    Rep Power
    41245
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.2%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by b unit View Post
    i have used usp's cissus and super cissus, nutra's bulk cissus and primaforce cissus

    prima stacks up just as good as usp's super cissus and i'm on my third bottle of prima right now

    i also have just bought the bulk version of usp's super cissus which i intend to use soon.

    It's good to hear from somebody that has tried most versions of the cissus products. Have you been finding similar results from the different cissus extracts regardless of % ketosterones? Or perhaps more anabolic properties from the higher % extracts?
  34. Senior Member
    b unit's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  242 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,646
    Rep Power
    1423
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    67.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    It's good to hear from somebody that has tried most versions of the cissus products. Have you been finding similar results from the different cissus extracts regardless of % ketosterones? Or perhaps more anabolic properties from the higher % extracts?
    i been lifting almost 18 years, lifted a sh*tload of heavy weights in this time and therefore my body has a few aches, pains and joint/tendon damage mainly in my lower back, left knee and both shoulder joints

    not really concerned with the anabolic properties of cissus but it is a welcome extra, i'm really only interested in helping look after my joints, tendons etc

    started with usp's cissus which i found great, used nutra's bulk cissus which wasn't so great but u get what u pay for, back to usp's cissus which once again proved it's worth, then usp super cissus came out which was fantastic as it worked well and i didn't need to take so many caps, primaforce came along and i decided to give it a crack and it's proved it's worth, definitly does the business as far as i'm concerened and i'm on my third bottle, last ages as i only need 2 - 3 caps a day to stay ok, have just brought some bulk super cissus in my last order however and i'm tossing up on using that at night and taking prima in the morning, not sure yet

    as far as keto's go, there's just too much keto this, keto that, so i'm over it, i'll let the supps do the talking, i don't support a product just because it's the "in" product or company at the time, i'm not a bandwagon kind dude, i just support products that work and do a lot of research, question people who know their stuff and walk the walk and read tons of feedback before i make my decision to purchase

    cheers guys
  35. Registered User
    Zombie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  212 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,584
    Rep Power
    2919
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    41.67%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by matthew76 View Post
    no, zombie is just a nut-hugger for certain companies
    im a nut hugger ? ? ? wtf. why do you say that ??as a consumer i have bought alot of supplements and not all of them work for me, the ones that have worked for me i pimp them cause they work. if im a nut hugger why would i say things about 2 products from 2 diferent companies.
  36. New Member
    vince spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    36
    Posts
    329
    Rep Power
    261
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    96.77%

    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    im a nut hugger ? ? ? wtf. why do you say that ??as a consumer i have bought alot of supplements and not all of them work for me, the ones that have worked for me i pimp them cause they work. if im a nut hugger why would i say things about 2 products from 2 diferent companies.
    nut hugging aside, why do say not to get 40% primaforce, what is your reasoning behind this. have you any logic behind your primforce bashing.
  37. Registered User
    Zombie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  212 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,584
    Rep Power
    2919
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    41.67%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by vince spider View Post
    nut hugging aside, why do say not to get 40% primaforce, what is your reasoning behind this. have you any logic behind your primforce bashing.
    If gettin a greater extract would be cost effective/better dont you think that USPlabs would come up with thar first ? As for primaforce i know alot of guys @ my gym that use the basics from those guys (Creatine, your favorite glutamine and ZMA) and they love it its , some of them have used Prima 40% cissus and haves used the old and new supercissus rx. I have had comments that they fell pumped and not alot of relief on their joints with the Primaforce cissys compared to the other cissus form USPLabs.

    i might add some to my next order to test it out for my self.
  38. New Member
    vince spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    36
    Posts
    329
    Rep Power
    261
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    96.77%

    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    If gettin a greater extract would be cost effective/better dont you think that USPlabs would come up with thar first ? As for primaforce i know alot of guys @ my gym that use the basics from those guys (Creatine, your favorite glutamine and ZMA) and they love it its , some of them have used Prima 40% cissus and haves used the old and new supercissus rx. I have had comments that they fell pumped and not alot of relief on their joints with the Primaforce cissys compared to the other cissus form USPLabs.

    i might add some to my next order to test it out for my self.
    interesting, i heard the complete opposite in my gym. the guys reckon prima is awesome for joints etc . these are guys with superior development and knowledge than myself. but until i try prima for myself i will not draw any conclusions on prima, good to hear that you will be trying some prima out, maybe then you will have something of substance to draw your conclusions from rather than running off at the mouth running primaforce cissius down on hear say
    ps im a big fan of usp labs and no disrespect to them
  39. New Member
    vince spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    36
    Posts
    329
    Rep Power
    261
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    96.77%

    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    If gettin a greater extract would be cost effective/better dont you think that USPlabs would come up with thar first ?
    what your reasoning behind this statement? usp laps are a great company but ive heard nothing bad about primaforce
    usp laps were the first to bring out cissus but who's to say that primaforce arent capable of bringing out a cissus product that compares well against usp
  40. Banned
    matthew76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,671
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    28.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by vince spider View Post
    interesting, i heard the complete opposite in my gym. the guys reckon prima is awesome for joints etc . these are guys with superior development and knowledge than myself. but until i try prima for myself i will not draw any conclusions on prima, good to hear that you will be trying some prima out, maybe then you will have something of substance to draw your conclusions from rather than running off at the mouth running primaforce cissius down on hear say
    ps im a big fan of usp labs and no disrespect to them
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. With A Test Score Of 933 Why No Drive
    By Biggedjr in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-30-2007, 11:48 PM
  2. With A Test Score Of 933 Why No Drive
    By Biggedjr in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-25-2007, 11:23 AM
  3. Why no 1,4 Andro??????
    By AgentOrange in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 07-08-2006, 10:40 PM
  4. Why no powdered Oats?
    By Viking22 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-09-2006, 08:41 PM
  5. Why no cell vol PWO
    By bigpump23 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-21-2004, 03:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in