6-OXO Extreme & Joint Heath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arzi75

Awards
Just ordered my first 6-OXO Extreme - as I have been struggling with some gyno for some time, I have used quite a few AIs to keep my gyno in check, plus, at same time wishing to gain some elevation in my T-levels.

As a consequence, I have developed some serious conditions in my joints, knees expecially, to the extent of not being able to walk up a flight of stairs without some orthopedic support on.

Should I expect to see the same type of exacerbation of my joint problems with 6-OXO or is 6-OXO more lenient on your joints i.e. will not dry out my joints like the most other ATD variants on the market currently?

I plan to dose the 6-OXO at a 100-300mg range to gain the most out of the LH elevation and to alleviate the effects it might have on my joints.

coug42

coug42

Awards
  • Established
6-oxo extreme is going to dry you out just as much and won't do much at all for the gyno. If you can get your hands on some Nolvadex or liquid tamoxifen citrate i would use that. That will help a little with the gyno and also allow you to experience the positive effects of estrogen (ex: joint health) while also letting your LH levels recover. It does not completely crush your estrogen like an Aromatase inhibitor but it works rather as a SERM or Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator thus preventing the negative effects of estrogen but not the positives. I would also try a natural test booster that doesn't contain an AI like ActivaTe extreme or Hypertest and then to help the Joints feel better i would get some Cissus. Cissus will make your joints feel a lot better.

-Tamoxifen Citrate
-Natural test booster (without an AI)
-Cissus

armando201

Awards
6 OXO Extreme

Hi

I just registered first time. Saw your comment regarding the use of Tamoxifen Citrate. I was reading up on it..Was very excited about this alternative being that I had the same problem. Million thanks to you for providing your info. Is it safe to use that you know... also the Nolvadex I noticed was really expensive rather than Tamoxifen Citrate. I guess I can get the Tamoxifen being that is cheaper and have same effect..... Anyway I'll get this Tamoxifen Citrate, just a bit scared of any negative side effects...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hi

I just registered first time. Saw your comment regarding the use of Tamoxifen Citrate. I was reading up on it..Was very excited about this alternative being that I had the same problem. Million thanks to you for providing your info. Is it safe to use that you know... also the Nolvadex I noticed was really expensive rather than Tamoxifen Citrate. I guess I can get the Tamoxifen being that is cheaper and have same effect..... Anyway I'll get this Tamoxifen Citrate, just a bit scared of any negative side effects...
some people claim to have gotten much better chest appearance with formestane, ok im one of them. dont think it will 'cure' real gyno, but i think most people just have pseudo-gyno-chest fat. for what its worth my chest has never been better. lots of threads look um up.:thumbsup:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cissus and an EFA (Essential Fatty Acids) supplement with a good concentration and ratio of omega 3-6-9 should be part of the arsenal for fighting those joint problems.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
6-oxo extreme is going to dry you out just as much and won't do much at all for the gyno. If you can get your hands on some Nolvadex or liquid tamoxifen citrate i would use that. That will help a little with the gyno and also allow you to experience the positive effects of estrogen (ex: joint health) while also letting your LH levels recover. It does not completely crush your estrogen like an Aromatase inhibitor but it works rather as a SERM or Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator thus preventing the negative effects of estrogen but not the positives. I would also try a natural test booster that doesn't contain an AI like ActivaTe extreme or Hypertest and then to help the Joints feel better i would get some Cissus. Cissus will make your joints feel a lot better.

-Tamoxifen Citrate
-Natural test booster (without an AI)
-Cissus

resveratrol is a SERM and is in 6-oxo extreme. have gottten some good feedback regarding joint health from users. don't write it off

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
resveratrol is a SERM
Huh? Please explain. I know it is a phytochemical but have never heard it called a SERM.

Edit: actually, after some research I found:
CANCER
Resveratrol has been shown to inhibit cancer initiation and promotion [2] It acts as a selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM) and regulates proteins involved in DNA synthesis and cell cycle. Resveratrol also affects the activity of transcriptional factors involved in proliferation and stress responses, such as NF-kB, AP1 and Egr1. [3]

SPERM PRODUCTION
In a study, researchers administered 20 mg/(kg . d) of trans-resveratrol for 90 days. Compared to a control group, the diameter of the seminiferous tubules was significantly reduced from 437.5 +/- 0.1 mum in the controls to 310.9 +/- 0.1 mum. This decrease was accompanied by a significant increase in tubular density. Sperm counts were significantly greater in the resveratrol-treated rats than in the control group, but sperm quality did not differ.

BTW: got a kick out of the HBO special. Props to you.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
"Technically" a SERM is reserved for synthetic drugs, but resveratrol definitely does a comparable job as a phytochemical.

Who would have thought something found in peanuts would grow your peanuts as well.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
"Technically" a SERM is reserved for synthetic drugs, but resveratrol definitely does a comparable job as a phytochemical.

Who would have thought something found in peanuts would grow your peanuts as well.
SERM has never really been specific towards synthetic drugs, though in the bodybuilding world it first gained recognition in the context of such

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
SERM has never really been specific towards synthetic drugs, though in the bodybuilding world it first gained recognition in the context of such
yeah, it's more of a connotation thing, I guess.

steve777

Awards
Cissus and an EFA (Essential Fatty Acids) supplement with a good concentration and ratio of omega 3-6-9 should be part of the arsenal for fighting those joint problems.
I have also had success with MSM, Chondrotin and Glucosamine sulfate. Also have ordered some Celedrin and boswellia extract. Used to have nagging tendons in the shoulder areas frequently. Not any more.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
If you are concerned about oral availability, there is always Dermacrine or Dermacrine Sustain from Primordial Performance. Has Resveratrol as an ingredient. I like 6-oxo extreme as well, just took 5 caps :)
i don't see resveratrol being very well absorbed transdermally. it has terrible solubility properties

plus you still are going to get rapid extensive deactivation even through the transdermal route

steve777

Awards
resveratrol's bioavailability can be improved by including compounds that inhibit glucuronidation and sulfation, which are its major deactivation pathways

or you can just take large dosages, since resveratrol can inhibit its own deactivation (probably due to enzyme overload)
For us laymen, what would those inhibiting compounds be? And what would be considered a "large" dose? I am using a powder Trans resveratrol powder 50% polygomum cuspidatum dosing at 100mg trans-resveratrol 2X/day. The thread referenced also gets into concerns about the stability of resveratrol. The argument is that since it is an anti-oxidant, it is subject to breakdown even in air.

Last edited:
rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Do you use your own Resveratrol Plus, Patrick? If you do, what does your dosing look like?

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
For us laymen, what would those inhibiting compounds be? And what would be considered a "large" dose? I am using a powder Trans resveratrol powder 50% polygomum cuspidatum dosing at 100mg trans-resveratrol 2X/day. The thread referenced also gets into concerns about the stability of resveratrol. The argument is that since it is an anti-oxidant, it is subject to breakdown even in air.
resveratrol is stable and will not break down upon normal storage. i have posted studies before

1000mg is large dose (that would be pure resveratrol equiv)

quercetin and piperine would be compounds that inhibit the enzymes

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Do you use your own Resveratrol Plus, Patrick? If you do, what does your dosing look like?
i have a personal supply of 98% stuff and i take about 2-3 grams once a day

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I can't find a reasonably priced (under $1.50/g) 98% source unless I am willing to buy hundreds of kilos. Pity
i got a kilo sample a while ago

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
i have a personal supply of 98% stuff and i take about 2-3 grams once a day

yes because its convenient that way. it sits in the lab above the balance and after lunch i weigh some out and chase it down with some liquid

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
PA, how do you feel with 2-3 grams? I am taking the reservatol plus at alittle over a gram a day and am feeling very very good.

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i don't see resveratrol being very well absorbed transdermally. it has terrible solubility properties

plus you still are going to get rapid extensive deactivation even through the transdermal route
Solubility problems...? Perhaps with the 50% pure resveratrol that you guys use. We use 99% pure resveratrol over here. Pure resveratrol solvates at 100mg/ml in ethanol very easily, thus making it ideal for transdermal delivery.

We included the patented transhydropiperine in our topical formula – for enhancing bio-availability and limiting deactivation.

-Pp

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
PA, how do you feel with 2-3 grams? I am taking the reservatol plus at alittle over a gram a day and am feeling very very good.
pretty good i guess. my cardio is good.

its been a while since i started taking it so i would have to stop for a while and start again to give you a clear picture

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Solubility problems...? Perhaps with the 50% pure resveratrol that you guys use. We use 99% pure resveratrol over here. Pure resveratrol solvates at 100mg/ml in ethanol very easily, thus making it ideal for transdermal delivery.

maybe, maybe. its solubility in the non-polar side of the spectrum might be a weakness though, i dunno. anyway if you can get 100mg per cc then its better than most other polyphenol type crap at least

anyway, i just overcome the bioavailability problems by megadosing. resveratrol will inhibit its own metabolism at large dosages

steve777

Awards
anyway, i just overcome the bioavailability problems by megadosing. resveratrol will inhibit its own metabolism at large dosages
Patrick- is this a theory or is there a study out there to back it? If there is a study available, would you please post. thanks

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Patrick- is this a theory or is there a study out there to back it? If there is a study available, would you please post. thanks
dude i was just ready to go to bed. yes this is out there

i ran into the study recently (there is at least one) and have heard this mentioned by many people knowledgable about resveratrol on boards and in articles. but to track down the article i saw will take time which will mean i am gonna wake up even more of a ***** in the morning then usual. And you guys do NOT wanna deal with that.

So take my word for it

steve777

Awards
resveratrol is stable and will not break down upon normal storage. i have posted studies before

1000mg is large dose (that would be pure resveratrol equiv)

quercetin and piperine would be compounds that inhibit the enzymes
Patrick-
Could grapefruit juice increase absorption of resveratrol as well? I have read posts that indicate grapefruit will increase absorption of chemicals that are metabolized by cytochrome P450 3A4 isoenzyme in the intestinal wall by inhibiting this enzyeme in the liver.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've picked up nutrabulk's 1000 caps of 100mg ACTIVE (200mg total of 50%) for $100, plus 120g of loose 50% for $45, so i'll be doing the 2g/day thing shortly too. It was cost prohibitive before this really. I couldn't justify $5/day just for that, but I can handle under $2/day

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
dude i was just ready to go to bed. yes this is out there

i ran into the study recently (there is at least one) and have heard this mentioned by many people knowledgable about resveratrol on boards and in articles. but to track down the article i saw will take time which will mean i am gonna wake up even more of a ***** in the morning then usual. And you guys do NOT wanna deal with that.

So take my word for it
I'll take your word for it, but do you recall the dosage where that starts to happen? 500mg active, 1g, 2g etc?

pearlmatt

Awards
My husband is on this 6-OXO as well as a bunch of his guys and one of them tested positive for Androst, which is found in this supplement. I need to know how long this Androst stays in the body when taken orally, I have read conflicting sites saying just a few days to several months. Please help if you can!

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Just ordered my first 6-OXO Extreme - as I have been struggling with some gyno for some time, I have used quite a few AIs to keep my gyno in check, plus, at same time wishing to gain some elevation in my T-levels.

As a consequence, I have developed some serious conditions in my joints, knees expecially, to the extent of not being able to walk up a flight of stairs without some orthopedic support on.

Should I expect to see the same type of exacerbation of my joint problems with 6-OXO or is 6-OXO more lenient on your joints i.e. will not dry out my joints like the most other ATD variants on the market currently?

I plan to dose the 6-OXO at a 100-300mg range to gain the most out of the LH elevation and to alleviate the effects it might have on my joints.
there is no such thing as drying out of joints. joint discomfort that might arise from estrogen depletion would be due to alterations in prostaglandin synthesis resulting in greater inflammation

anyway, its hard for me to imagine 6-oxo or extreme doing this. they do not lower estrogen to troublesome levels

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
My husband is on this 6-OXO as well as a bunch of his guys and one of them tested positive for Androst, which is found in this supplement. I need to know how long this Androst stays in the body when taken orally, I have read conflicting sites saying just a few days to several months. Please help if you can!
androst is not a drug

i don't understand

pearlmatt

Awards
androst is not a drug

i don't understand
Well the androst is found in this 6OXO supplement and the army was testing specifically for that compound in the guys. Androst and all its forms are banned compounds and they make you test positive when tested for steroids.

So, tons of these guys were on this supplement without any knowledge that it contained a banned substance. So, now all we are trying to find out is how long that substance stays in the body.

Any help would be appreciated.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well the androst is found in this 6OXO supplement and the army was testing specifically for that compound in the guys. Androst and all its forms are banned compounds and they make you test positive when tested for steroids.

So, tons of these guys were on this supplement without any knowledge that it contained a banned substance. So, now all we are trying to find out is how long that substance stays in the body.

The army tests for that? I find that hard to believe. If they are only testing for the substance itself, it shouldn't have more than 24-48 hrs in system in detectable amounts tho

pearlmatt

Awards
The army tests for that? I find that hard to believe. If they are only testing for the substance itself, it shouldn't have more than 24-48 hrs in system in detectable amounts tho
Well, he is not sure what other supplements may have caused the positive test, they had no idea that this supplement would.

Does anyone know if there are any banned substances, like androst, in any of the following?

sostonal by IDS, not by webber
sostonal 250
methandrol 50 by webber
bulk tabs by IDS
and oxo 6 by ergopharms

those are some of the things the guys took so at this point they are unsure what caused the positive drug test...

People are coming up hot on tests, please help us figure out what compound in these is making them hot. Help me figure out how long it will be in the system and testable from urine

how do we shorten the time its detectable
or increase chances it wont be detected
they are testing specifically for roids

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
Well, he is not sure what other supplements may have caused the positive test, they had no idea that this supplement would.

Does anyone know if there are any banned substances, like androst, in any of the following?

sostonal 250
methandrol 50 by webber
bulk tabs by IDS
and oxo 6 by ergopharms

those are some of the things the guys took so at this point they are unsure what caused the positive drug test...

People are coming up hot on tests, please help us figure out what compound in these is making them hot. Help me figure out how long it will be in the system and testable from urine

:wtf: WOW are you serious? :gotsearch
Those first 4 all are steroids.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established

6-oxo is sold at some military bases son. its not banned in gov't or military and will not make you test positive for steroids

just cuz "androst" is in the root of the name does not mean it is the same as the prohormones with the "androst" in the names

you are confused

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established

sostonal 250
methandrol 50 by webber
bulk tabs by IDS
and oxo 6 by ergopharms

jeezus you have 4 potent designer steroids on that list plus 6-oxo and you blame 6-oxo?

call rick collins or something

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
:wtf: WOW are you serious? :gotsearch
Those first 4 all are steroids.

this is what happens when a company tries to hide the fact that their product contains designer steroids. pretty crappy for you guys sorry

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
6-oxo (on a molecular level) is basically 4-AD with a third ketone group on it, correct?

I can't remember if that would entail breaking a double bond or something.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
6-oxo (on a molecular level) is basically 4-AD with a third ketone group on it, correct?

I can't remember if that would entail breaking a double bond or something.

it is androstenedione with a keto group at 6.

no double bond need be broken.

and this will not convert to any androgens. the 6 oxygen cannot be removed in your body.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ok, yeah. I had 6 mixed up with 10 for some reason, and thought "isn't there a methyl or a double around there?". I haven't had my coffee yet this morning.

JPM

JPM

Awards

sostonal 250
methandrol 50 by webber
bulk tabs by IDS
and oxo 6 by ergopharms

That's a potent "cocktail" he's taking. I hope he liked his liver.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Um, pearlmatt, are you a guy b/c you just referred to 'your husband'.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
Um, pearlmatt, are you a guy b/c you just referred to 'your husband'.
are you going to catch teh ghey from the internets? :blink:

I think its pretty obvious whoever was posting was a female anyways.

now back to the steroid drama....

Status
Not open for further replies.