My Melatonin situation...

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
So i have had trouble sleping lately. Decided to grab some Melatonin. Tried 1.5mg (half pill) nothin really, felt relaxed but not much at all.
Than tried 3mg and it was a little better but not much at all. Safe to go to 4.5mgs you guys think?

Also, after 2-3 hours i woke up felt crazy tired and then went back to sleep no problem.
When i returned to sleep i had nightmares...not dreams. They were pretty out there too. For the record i hadn't had any nightmares or dreams the past few weeks at least.

My options IMO:
1. Dose slightly higher.
2. Pay attention to dreams. I assume that since i had nightmares/dreams that meansi am in a deeper RMS...?
3. I'm only going EOD now i did 2 in a row but don't want a tolerance.
4. WILL SOON be purchasing X-Dream, Stuff sounds awesome from the reviews.
Thanks for any suggestions guys.

doluseb

Awards
I couldn't take melatonin. The days after I took it I would have unbearable migraines. If I were you, I would find out the unerlying issue with your sleeplessness. (ie. too much caffeine, stress, changes in exercise or foods).

Only sleep medicine that was "OK" to me was Lunesta, even that made me feel crazy and gave a bad bad bitter taste in the back of my mouth while the chemical was active.

Other than that 5-htp + asprin/naproxen helps. GL to ya

AtomSmasher

AtomSmasher

Awards
  • Established
If you decide to take more youll be fine taking 4.5 grams, ive seen prescription melatonin at 10mg per pill. I have no idea why you would need that much but i guess it should be relatively safe to take 4.5mg. personally when i have trouble sleeping 3mg works great, I take it on an empty stomach, i dont know if that makes a difference or not.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
HAs been on empty stomach.
My weak sleep pattern is pretty much cause my life is a mess. Once school starts it gets better, but still tough.

dean17

dean17

Awards
hey man i know where you're coming from ive had trouble sleeping for years i use melatonin off and on what i dont like about it tho is it seems if i dont fall asleep within ten minutes or so im wide awake.. i dunno if you've had a similar experience or not it also leaves me groggy the next morning.. i do have x-dreams and like it very much at 3 caps, 2 didn't do it for me but i only use it every once in a while when i want coma like sleep and at 3 caps it delivers so if you wanna go with that it'd be a good choice, i also just got some np zmt which looks promising if it works like i hope it will ill let ya know

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
hey man i know where you're coming from ive had trouble sleeping for years i use melatonin off and on what i dont like about it tho is it seems if i dont fall asleep within ten minutes or so im wide awake.. i dunno if you've had a similar experience or not it also leaves me groggy the next morning.. i do have x-dreams and like it very much at 3 caps, 2 didn't do it for me but i only use it every once in a while when i want coma like sleep and at 3 caps it delivers so if you wanna go with that it'd be a good choice, i also just got some np zmt which looks promising if it works like i hope it will ill let ya know
Thanks man i appreciate it. YEa i don't feel to groggy the next morn, kind of ready to go actually, a really relaxed but alert awake.

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
i have gone really high with Melatonin (more than 12mg) and nothing, i have tried gaba and it only works for a fewdays (2-4 days) then nothing. L-trypthophan(sp?) it gets me relaxed but it doesnt do nothing for my sleep. the latest thing that has worked for me is IGF-2 before bed.