casein alternative

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
so everyone knows how nasty it tastes. Are there any other supps or alternatives to take before bedtime. I know cottage cheese is one, anything else?

wheels

Awards
  • Established
so everyone knows how nasty it tastes. Are there any other supps or alternatives to take before bedtime. I know cottage cheese is one, anything else?
A six pack of beer

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I eat whole eggs and cottage cheese before bed.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Greek Strain Yogurt - so good.

I actually have a serving of Fage0% (just a brand of this type of yogurt that has 0g fat) with a scoop of chocolate whey. Mix it up well and this is a real nice treat to have while cutting

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
I eat whole eggs and cottage cheese before bed.
i'm 5'6 150 does the 1.5 grams per body weight rule apply to casein as well. if not how much should i eat.

drewh10987

drewh10987

Awards
  • Established
I use Optimum Nutrition's 100% Casein, the creamy vanilla flavor and personally I think it tastes great.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i'm 5'6 150 does the 1.5 grams per body weight rule apply to casein as well. if not how much should i eat.
Are you talking about how much protein to consume throughout the day? If so, it depends how many meals you are consuming and how much protein you have had already. I am about 175 and I eat ~200g of protein a day over 6-7 meals. I usually eat about 30-35g before bed.

drewh10987

drewh10987

Awards
  • Established
The 1.5 rule applies for total protein. Not each type if thats what you mean. Your daily protein intake should come from all different types and sources.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
1-1.5g of TOTAL protein intake for the day you're thinking of. Not just of individual types of protein

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The 1.5 rule applies for total protein. Not each type if thats what you mean. Your daily protein intake should come from all different types and sources.
I would also stress the different types and sources part. Far too many people eat the same foods everyday and don't give their bodies something fresh. I always get 5 sources of protein everyday with 3 of them always being egg, whey, and casein. The other 2 are usually from tuna, chicken, beef, turkey or salmon.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
Are you talking about how much protein to consume throughout the day? If so, it depends how many meals you are consuming and how much protein you have had already. I am about 175 and I eat ~200g of protein a day over 6-7 meals. I usually eat about 30-35g before bed.
sorry i meant how many grams of casein before bedtime

drewh10987

drewh10987

Awards
  • Established
There isn't a definite answer. I've heard between 20 and 50 grams. If your getting casein from a powder form I would say that it is important to take something to slow down the digestion, such as a spoonful of peanut butter or any other type of healthy fats.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established

Apparently you haven't tried Biotest's Metabolic Drive?

The stuff is one of the best tasting shakes out there. Personally, I like the Banana, Strawberry and Vanilla. The orange was a little too weird.

You could also try the Team Skip blend at Trueprotein.com with their flavoring, it is supposed to be 'close' to MD.

Cottage Cheese and Natty PB are good too.

X

Markoni321

Markoni321

Awards
MD is a same thing like Complete Milk Dairy Isolate from trueprotein , team Skip is also great solution