Biotest at work on next-gen supplement.

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Many of us here know of Biotest, the company behind T-Nation and a host of supplements. They have a reputation as an elitist outfit, that is known for hyping run of the mill type products, and are defended by a cult fan base. However, some of their products have been very profound and paradigm changing within the supplement industry, even though critics might argue differently.

In a post on the site, which is a thread that asks T-Nation readers what they want from Biotest, a post by a member and a reply by TC (editor and chief at T-Nation) tells the story.

(Hopefully you all know what Mag-10 was)

TC
Editor-in-Chief

blueknight wrote:

As for improvements? Well develop a product like MAG-10...legitimately of course.

Cross your fingers (we're working on it).

Sounds pretty interesting and apparently they are also working on a next-gen Greens supplement more suited for bodybuilding than the general population (like Greens+ is geared towards).

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Wonder if this is the Anaconda that Tim has been working for the past few years?????

drewh10987

drewh10987

Awards
  • Established
Interesting. I'm not a big fan of T-Nation, but I will interested in seeing if they really do come through with something.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
I think they are too bust coming up with new Surge flavors.

I don't think I will ever try the other flavors. I will stick to my original flavor.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Interesting. I'm not a big fan of T-Nation, but I will interested in seeing if they really do come through with something.
Well this is about Biotest and their products. As far as T-nation, I lost love for it. And ironically I am sporting a Biotest T...

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
I think they are too bust coming up with new Surge flavors.

I don't think I will ever try the other flavors. I will stick to my original flavor.
Haha.

Apparently the chocolate is good. I hated the new Vanilla. The tried and true original is the best. However, I am not eating carbs and won't be for the next 12 days, but it's nice to dream...

drewh10987

drewh10987

Awards
  • Established
Well this is about Biotest and their products. As far as T-nation, I lost love for it. And ironically I am sporting a Biotest T...
Your right. My mistake. I got confused. I've never used any Biotest products, but I know about Mag-10.

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You have a biotest T on you for life (unless you get laser surgery) but don't love the Nation?

Bro I don't know how old your are and I also don't know much crap other members who disagree are going to give me for saying this but, that magazine gives more free SOLID training, diet, supplement, P.E.D and even life information then just about any other source I've ever come across. Yeah they talk highly of there products but that's anyone's right and IMO not a big deal when the fact is that most of what they do is helpful whether its brining well researched and good products to the market or the mind boggling amount of free info they give you wich is probably worth more then any supplement.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Sure there is great info. I still read the aricles daily, but I speak about the forums and the heavy moderation that goes on at t-nation.

I've been supporting t-nation since '98, but find contributing to the site has lost it's flare.

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Sure there is great info. I still read the aricles daily, but I speak about the forums and the heavy moderation that goes on at t-nation.

I've been supporting t-nation since '98, but find contributing to the site has lost it's flare.
I do agree with that; contributing there is a total crap shoot. I do buy their protein powder (Low-Carb Metabolic Drive) and Carbolin-19, and sometimes get Hot-Rox and Flameout. Besides that, most of the other stuff they sell can be had (IMO) at lower prices or at equal or greater quality.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
I do agree with that; contributing there is a total crap shoot. I do buy their protein powder (Low-Carb Metabolic Drive) and Carbolin-19, and sometimes get Hot-Rox and Flameout. Besides that, most of the other stuff they sell can be had (IMO) at lower prices or at equal or greater quality.
Any chemists wanna decipher Carbolin 19? I believe it's forskolin.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Their products are way over hyped imho. I remember all the hype before res v came out.

I do like some of the writers. EC is a stand up guy who use to post on ruggedmag.com. I miss that forum...

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Their products are way over hyped imho. I remember all the hype before res v came out.

I do like some of the writers. EC is a stand up guy who use to post on ruggedmag.com. I miss that forum...
Rez-V is a nice supplement, but it is way OVERPRICED. I don't mind the hype so much, but I do mind ridiculous pricing.

Another rough thing with them is that they don't resell certain items, like their protein powders, flameout, or Surge. Very annoying to have to pay ridiculous shipping fees ($15 sometimes) for already expensive orders.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
Bill Roberts is the man IMHO. I'd actually welcome seeing him make a reappearance outside of his own board. There used to be some epic battles between him, PA, and WL.

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Their hormonals/pro-hormones were quality products but way overpriced: Mag-10 and 4-ad-ec/androsol.

Their non-hormonals never panned out: Myostat, Methoxy-7, Carbolin-19.

I hope Anaconda hits the mark, but they're taking a looong time with it.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Sh*t, there's already a next gen pro hormone out, it's called Epistane!

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards

And look everybody is coming out with a Res product now.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
And look everybody is coming out with a Res product now.
I agree, say what you want about Bio-Test, but they have always been at the forefront of the industry.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Any chemists wanna decipher Carbolin 19? I believe it's forskolin.
Yes

The actual chemical name is colforsin 1,9-ethylcarbonate. Carbolin 19 is a carbonate ester of a naturally occurring diterpene called colforsin (aka, forskolin). Don't even begin to confuse this material with an herbal extract of Coleus forskohlii! We're using a carbonate ester of pure colforsin, which means it's a highly pure, single compound.

We spent the last year extracting and purifying colforsin to pharmaceutical-grade standards and further refining it into a carbonate ester. This reaction extended the duration of action from four hours to 12 hours. The carbonate gave us an increase in bioavailability as well, but it wasn't enough. So, we incorporated the compound into our Nano-Dispersed Gel, which improved bioavailability to the point of being drug-like.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yes

The actual chemical name is colforsin 1,9-ethylcarbonate. Carbolin 19 is a carbonate ester of a naturally occurring diterpene called colforsin (aka, forskolin). Don't even begin to confuse this material with an herbal extract of Coleus forskohlii! We're using a carbonate ester of pure colforsin, which means it's a highly pure, single compound.

We spent the last year extracting and purifying colforsin to pharmaceutical-grade standards and further refining it into a carbonate ester. This reaction extended the duration of action from four hours to 12 hours. The carbonate gave us an increase in bioavailability as well, but it wasn't enough. So, we incorporated the compound into our Nano-Dispersed Gel, which improved bioavailability to the point of being drug-like.
:D interesting....

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Not wise to use the term "drug-like" in relation to your supplements.

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Why do people slam Carbolin-19? It's the one pill supplement that I take at all times, besides a multi-vitamin. It works.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Why do people slam Carbolin-19? It's the one pill supplement that I take at all times, besides a multi-vitamin. It works.
Who knows bro. Look around though, almost everybody is using forskolin. I think it is more of a hate towards Biotest.

C-19 is some good stuff. I take it when I am not taking anything else with forskolin already in it.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
Who knows bro. Look around though, almost everybody is using forskolin. I think it is more of a hate towards Biotest.

C-19 is some good stuff. I take it when I am not taking anything else with forskolin already in it.
Lol, at one time Bill Roberts was pretty outspoken and he used to fight alot of battles on the various forums. Biotest has its own following that doesn't exist too much outside of T-Nation, b/c of those battles.

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Lol, at one time Bill Roberts was pretty outspoken and he used to fight alot of battles on the various forums. Biotest has its own following that doesn't exist too much outside of T-Nation, b/c of those battles.
What did Roberts battle about?

Speedbacker

Awards
Bro I don't know how old your are and I also don't know much crap other members who disagree are going to give me for saying this but, that magazine gives more free SOLID training, diet, supplement, P.E.D and even life information then just about any other source I've ever come across. Yeah they talk highly of there products but that's anyone's right and IMO not a big deal when the fact is that most of what they do is helpful whether its brining well researched and good products to the market or the mind boggling amount of free info they give you wich is probably worth more then any supplement.
Agreed. T-mag is great with all the info (articles, etc) over there. The only thing that I think is pretty stupid is how people call themselves t-men and t-vixens, lol. I'm sorry but that is just gay (I hate using gay in this terminology, but I can't think of any word that would fit better at the moment). Again, nothing against t-mag, (just that t-man crap, there are people over there getting t-mag tattoos and ****.) it is a great site with a ton of great articles.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
:D interesting....
Yes D, it is highly interesting. Seems Biotest is the only ones who can get ahold of high grade Forskolin, thereby earning the right to call it Colforsin.

Am I correct that Biotest attaches EC's onto everything they produc e? LOL..... is it truly that much more effective? No one else seems to be going that route. Is it costly perhaps?
^ Serious question.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
He and all of the prohormone heavyweights used to get into about hormonal structures, bioavailability, and their competitor's product vs. their own. Now that I think about it, things haven't changed, except that he isn't part of the current bickering.

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Yes D, it is highly interesting. Seems Biotest is the only ones who can get ahold of high grade Forskolin, thereby earning the right to call it Colforsin.

Am I correct that Biotest attaches EC's onto everything they produc e? LOL..... is it truly that much more effective? No one else seems to be going that route. Is it costly perhaps?
^ Serious question.
ECs?

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Biotest reminds me of how Apple is perceived by some of the PC world; innovative companies that catch a lot of $hit because they do things differently, are loud about it, and both have huge fan bases. (Oddly enough, I love both Apple and Biotest lol)

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Nice anaology. You forgot to add, and think they are better than everybody else ;)

I dig Biotest's products, but only iPods. Man, at school you would think Mac users were a gang...

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I will only comment on their products I used but these are brief impressions:

Grow - protein, cant really go wrong there
Surge - again cant really go wrong
Alpha Male - Used this along time ago....all it gave me is itchy nips. Which was weird since it was a trib product. Havent used trib since.
M - some hardening

I still appreciate the articles on the site. I check in about once a week. Rarely visit the forums. Being able to ask the writers questions is really cool.

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
I so miss md6 and Ribose-C and I do enjoy powerdrive.

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
Alpha Male - Used this along time ago....all it gave me is itchy nips. Which was weird since it was a trib product. Havent used trib since.
A bunch of people said the same thing, my guess it was from the euro/longjak.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Are you people insane? This is a company that claimed they came up with a supplement that knocked out the myostatin gene. It's funny they don't sell that any more. They are charging 80.oo for anaconda which they claim they aren't making any money on. The results they say you will get are ridiculous. You can put 30lbs in 6 weeks if you fork over your pay check to them and follow the training routine? In other words they came up with a supplement that works just as good if not better than steroids. I urge you to consider another possibility; they took steroids and gained 30lb and are lying. Oh and they are also are STEALING YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!!!!

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i have nothing against biotest

I used spike and wow did that stuff work. TONS AND TONS of energy for all night cram sessions.

Used a couple of their staples: surge, flameout, powerdrive and their creatine. No complaints except after taking surge post-lift i would be falling asleep. But that could be in-part due to i started lifting with these 2 beasts and had too much pride to not keep up.

I would buy more of their stuff if it wasnt so dang expensive.

Yeah their claims are a bit extreme at times but i didnt buy into what they said their products would do. I look at the ingrediens and see if its something worth trying. If I had mad green i would get a couple of their staples, nothing too crazy.

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i have nothing against biotest

I used spike and wow did that stuff work. TONS AND TONS of energy for all night cram sessions.

Used a couple of their staples: surge, flameout, powerdrive and their creatine. No complaints except after taking surge post-lift i would be falling asleep. But that could be in-part due to i started lifting with these 2 beasts and had too much pride to not keep up.

I would buy more of their stuff if it wasnt so dang expensive.

Yeah their claims are a bit extreme at times but i didnt buy into what they said their products would do. I look at the ingrediens and see if its something worth trying. If I had mad green i would get a couple of their staples, nothing too crazy.
I think it is more the way they promote and advertise their stuff as being "out of this world amazing" and make some big claims on products that are in reality, decent products but nothing revolutionary and too expensive. They brought out a "state of the art" Curcumin product almost exactly like NOW has had for awhile. And a "cutting edge" adaptogen product that many other companies already carried.

They bring some really good articles about training and diet to readers for free so they get a little bit of a pass, however their newest Anaconda is making claims that steroids don't make, claiming better than steroids and just losing all credibility in doing so.

REEVESDIESEL

REEVESDIESEL

Awards
  • Established
I like Biotest products, just a few though! The others are too expensive, I'm waiting to hit the Fl. Powerball to try out their other supps. HAHA! Spike tabs ( got 2 in me right now ) Powerdrive is awesome, and I like the Spike Shooter, tastes great. I don't get it often because at 7-11 it's too overpriced. And yes sir, got a T-Nation t-shirt as well.

Been hitting up that geat site for over 9 yrs. now. You can't beat FREE outstanding articles! Can't wait to see all the info with the I, Bodybuilder. I smell BS though AND WILL NOT BE BUYING JACK **** EITHER. Also, I have a personal vandetta against one of their main writers. He's cool, writes some good articles, but he's not going to out do me in anything! It fuels my fire. Hehe.