Alcohol effects prolactin/Test levels!?!? - AnabolicMinds.com

Alcohol effects prolactin/Test levels!?!?

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  230 lbs.

Alcohol effects prolactin/Test levels!?!?

EFFECTS OF ACUTE ALCOHOL INTOXICATION ON PITUITARY–GONADAL AXIS HORMONES, PITUITARY–ADRENAL AXIS HORMONES, ß-ENDORPHIN AND PROLACTIN IN HUMAN ADULTS OF BOTH SEXES J. Frias1, J. M. Torres, M. T. Miranda2, E. Ruiz and E. Ortega,*
    Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and Institute of Neurosciences, School of Medicine,
    1 Trauma Emergency Department, Virgen de las Nieves University Hospital and
    2 Department of Biostatistics, School of Medicine, University of Granada, Avda. de Madrid, s/n, 18012, Granada, Spain

Received 9 March 2001; in revised form 16 July 2001; accepted 20 August 2001

— The effects of acute alcohol intoxication (AAI) on the pituitary–gonadal axis hormones, and the possible contribution of pituitary–adrenal axis hormones, ß-endorphin and prolactin to alcohol-induced dysfunction of pituitary–gonadal axis hormones were studied in adult men and women. Blood samples were drawn from adults of both sexes who arrived at the emergency department with evident behavioural symptoms of drunkenness (AAI) or from adult volunteers with nil consumption of alcohol (controls). Our results demonstrated that AAI produces a high increase in plasma prolactin, corticotropin (adrenocorticotropic hormone, ACTH), and cortisol in adults of both sexes, a decrease in luteinizing hormone levels only in men, an increase in dehydroepiandrosterone-sulphate (DHEAS) and a contradictory behaviour of testosterone according to gender, with increased plasma testosterone in women and a decrease in men. ACTH and prolactin correlated positively with cortisol, DHEAS and testosterone in women, which suggests that prolactin and ACTH could contribute to stimulated adrenal androgen production. In contrast, the decrease in testosterone and increase in ß-endorphin in men suggests that AAI could have an inhibitory effect on testicular testosterone, perhaps mediated by ß-endorphin. Our results suggest that the effect of alcohol on pituitary–gonadal axis hormones in humans could depend on the gender and degree of sexual maturity of the individual.

I was searching this because I wen't out and got hammered 2 nights ago for the first time in a while, and am currently taking Activate Xtreme... and for the last two days I have felt like a whiny little bi*ch, now tonight when squeezing my nipple I had a tiny bit of discharge appear on both sides... I knew something wasn't right because i felt great the last 2 weeks i'v been on activate, but ever since i got all drunk i'v felt like my hormones are out of whack... obviously i'v gotten drunk b4 and not had this problem so maybe it's somethin with the activate/alcohol or the fact that i haven't drank in like 6 months, who knows

2. Board Sponsor

Similar Forum Threads

1. Oral that don't effect test levels?
    By alwaysfirst in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-26-2013, 12:27 PM
  2. raloxifene (serm) article shows it effective for seniors & test levels
    By Nightwanderer in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-25-2008, 05:01 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-27-2003, 11:12 PM