Icariin and Erections

  1. Banned
    matthew76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,671
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    28.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Icariin and Erections


    Icariin and Erections
    Icariin appears to have some properties similar to Viagra. Icariin is a cGMP-specific PDE5 inhibitor that may have potential in treating erectile dysfunction.

    Additional Benefits of Icariin
    In laboratory studies, icariin appears to have anti-cancer abilities. Icariin also helps protect the liver from toxicity.

    Icariin Side Effects
    Icariin is not known to have any significant side effects, but long term studies are not yet available.

    Icariin Research Update
    Effects of icariin on intracavernosal pressure and systematic arterial blood pressure of rat
    Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2004 Jan;84(2):142-5.
    To realize the effect of icariin on erectile function of penis. RESULTS: Icariin, sidenafil and papaverine increased the ICP in a dose-depended manner. Icariin increases ICP.

    Effects of icariin on cGMP-specific PDE5 and cAMP-specific PDE4 activities.
    Asian J Androl. 2003 Mar;5(1):15-8.
    AIM: To clarify the mechanism of the therapeutic action of icariin on erectile dysfunction (ED). METHODS: PDE5 was isolated from the human platelet and PDE4 from the rat liver tissue. The inhibitory effects of icariin on PDE5 and PDE4 activities were investigated. Papaverine served as the control drug. RESULTS: Icariin and papaverine showed dose-dependent inhibitory effects on PDE5 and PDE4 activities. The IC(50) of Icariin and papaverine on PDE5 were 0.432 micromol/L and 0.680 micromol/L, respectively and those on PDE4, 73.50 micromol/L and 3.07 micromol/L, respectively. The potencies of selectivity of icariin and papaverine on PDE5 (PDE4/PDE5 of IC(50)) were 167.67 times and 4.54 times, respectively. CONCLUSION: Icariin is a cGMP-specific PDE5 inhibitor that may be developed into an oral effective agent for the treatment of ED.

    Experimental studies of icariin on anticancer mechanism
    Zhong Yao Cai. 2000 Sep;23(9):554-6.
    Icariin is a kind of new biological respone modifier (BRM) and differentiational agent. In order to further elucidate the reversion of malignant phenotypes of tumor cells and the mechanism of its action, highly metastatic human lung cancer cells(PG) were treated with Icariin in vitro. In this study, MTT assay, radioimmune assay, flow cytometry(FCM) and invasion assay were used. The results showed that ICA could influence the distribution of PG cells cycle and reduce S phase. Moreover, Icariin increased the level of cAMP in PG cells, reduced the level of cGMP and increased the cAMP/cGMP ratio. On the other hand, Icariin decreased PG cells adhesive ratio to laminin substrate and decreased the ability of invasion or migration. These data demonstrate that Icariin maybe a kind of effective anticancer drug.

    Purification of icariin from the extract of Epimedium segittatum using high-speed counter-current chromatography.
    J Chromatogr A. 2002 Jul 12;962(1-2):239-41.
    Icariin was purified from the extract of Epimedium segittatum by high-speed counter-current chromatography with a two-phase solvent system composed of n-hexane-n-butanol-methanol-water (1:4:2:6, v/v). We used two multilayer coil planet centrifuges with different capacities. A 300 mg amount of the extract was separated using a semipreparative instrument equipped with a 230-ml capacity column to yield 103 mg of icariin at 86.2% purity. An 8 g amount of the extract was separated with a large preparative instrument equipped with a 2460-ml capacity column to produce 2.45 g of icariin at 85.7% purity. From these fractions over 98% pure icariin was obtained by recrystallization with water.

    Effects of icariin on cGMP-specific PDE5 and cAMP-specific PDE4 activities.
    Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2004 Jan;84(2):142-5.
    To clarify the mechanism of the therapeutic action of icariin on erectile dysfunction (ED). The inhibitory effects of icariin on PDE5 and PDE4 activities were investigated by the two-step radioisotope procedure. Papaverine served as the control drug. RESULTS: Icariin and papaverine showed dose-dependent inhibitory effects on PDE5 and PDE4 activities. The potencies of selectivity of icariin and papaverine on PDE5 (PDE4/PDE5 of IC(50)) were 167 times and 4 times, respectively. CONCLUSION: Icariin is a cGMP-specific PDE5 inhibitor that may be developed into an oral effective agent for the treatment of ED.


    source: Ray Sahelian, M.D.

  2. Club Myth CEO
    TheMyth's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,122
    Rep Power
    2194
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    26.3%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    nice post!
  3. Banned
    matthew76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,671
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    28.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    •   
       

  4. New Member
    Mar430's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    184
    Rep Power
    184
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    34.04%

    RPM here I come!!!
  5. Banned
    matthew76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,671
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    28.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    yes my friend - run to it - it awaits with open arms
  6. Club Myth CEO
    TheMyth's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,122
    Rep Power
    2194
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    26.3%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Yea, I think I have been taking too much RPM, I'm horney as hell, and at a time when my girl is away again!!!!! GRRRRRR
  7. New Member
    vince spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    37
    Posts
    329
    Rep Power
    263
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    98.79%

    awesome post
  8. Senior Member
    AnonyMoose's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  256 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,337
    Rep Power
    772
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    66.53%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    bravo zulu!
  9. Board Sponsor
    rms80's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,224
    Rep Power
    241543
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    35.59%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by matthew76 View Post
    Icariin and Erections
    Icariin appears to have some properties similar to Viagra. Icariin is a cGMP-specific PDE5 inhibitor that may have potential in treating erectile dysfunction.

    Additional Benefits of Icariin
    In laboratory studies, icariin appears to have anti-cancer abilities. Icariin also helps protect the liver from toxicity.

    Icariin Side Effects
    Icariin is not known to have any significant side effects, but long term studies are not yet available.

    Icariin Research Update
    Effects of icariin on intracavernosal pressure and systematic arterial blood pressure of rat
    Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2004 Jan;84(2):142-5.
    To realize the effect of icariin on erectile function of penis. RESULTS: Icariin, sidenafil and papaverine increased the ICP in a dose-depended manner. Icariin increases ICP.

    Effects of icariin on cGMP-specific PDE5 and cAMP-specific PDE4 activities.
    Asian J Androl. 2003 Mar;5(1):15-8.
    AIM: To clarify the mechanism of the therapeutic action of icariin on erectile dysfunction (ED). METHODS: PDE5 was isolated from the human platelet and PDE4 from the rat liver tissue. The inhibitory effects of icariin on PDE5 and PDE4 activities were investigated. Papaverine served as the control drug. RESULTS: Icariin and papaverine showed dose-dependent inhibitory effects on PDE5 and PDE4 activities. The IC(50) of Icariin and papaverine on PDE5 were 0.432 micromol/L and 0.680 micromol/L, respectively and those on PDE4, 73.50 micromol/L and 3.07 micromol/L, respectively. The potencies of selectivity of icariin and papaverine on PDE5 (PDE4/PDE5 of IC(50)) were 167.67 times and 4.54 times, respectively. CONCLUSION: Icariin is a cGMP-specific PDE5 inhibitor that may be developed into an oral effective agent for the treatment of ED.

    Experimental studies of icariin on anticancer mechanism
    Zhong Yao Cai. 2000 Sep;23(9):554-6.
    Icariin is a kind of new biological respone modifier (BRM) and differentiational agent. In order to further elucidate the reversion of malignant phenotypes of tumor cells and the mechanism of its action, highly metastatic human lung cancer cells(PG) were treated with Icariin in vitro. In this study, MTT assay, radioimmune assay, flow cytometry(FCM) and invasion assay were used. The results showed that ICA could influence the distribution of PG cells cycle and reduce S phase. Moreover, Icariin increased the level of cAMP in PG cells, reduced the level of cGMP and increased the cAMP/cGMP ratio. On the other hand, Icariin decreased PG cells adhesive ratio to laminin substrate and decreased the ability of invasion or migration. These data demonstrate that Icariin maybe a kind of effective anticancer drug.

    Purification of icariin from the extract of Epimedium segittatum using high-speed counter-current chromatography.
    J Chromatogr A. 2002 Jul 12;962(1-2):239-41.
    Icariin was purified from the extract of Epimedium segittatum by high-speed counter-current chromatography with a two-phase solvent system composed of n-hexane-n-butanol-methanol-water (1:4:2:6, v/v). We used two multilayer coil planet centrifuges with different capacities. A 300 mg amount of the extract was separated using a semipreparative instrument equipped with a 230-ml capacity column to yield 103 mg of icariin at 86.2% purity. An 8 g amount of the extract was separated with a large preparative instrument equipped with a 2460-ml capacity column to produce 2.45 g of icariin at 85.7% purity. From these fractions over 98% pure icariin was obtained by recrystallization with water.

    Effects of icariin on cGMP-specific PDE5 and cAMP-specific PDE4 activities.
    Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2004 Jan;84(2):142-5.
    To clarify the mechanism of the therapeutic action of icariin on erectile dysfunction (ED). The inhibitory effects of icariin on PDE5 and PDE4 activities were investigated by the two-step radioisotope procedure. Papaverine served as the control drug. RESULTS: Icariin and papaverine showed dose-dependent inhibitory effects on PDE5 and PDE4 activities. The potencies of selectivity of icariin and papaverine on PDE5 (PDE4/PDE5 of IC(50)) were 167 times and 4 times, respectively. CONCLUSION: Icariin is a cGMP-specific PDE5 inhibitor that may be developed into an oral effective agent for the treatment of ED.


    source: Ray Sahelian, M.D.
    Good info- got a bunch of these studies on file....
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  10. Elite Member
    john123131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,792
    Rep Power
    2991
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    9.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    New beta + Leviathan and RPM = HOOOOOOORRRNNNNNY...even more then my regular horny ass self....its getting a lil outta control....then if by chance I throw in an Aspire pill....ahhhhh poor gf
  11. Board Sponsor
    rms80's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,224
    Rep Power
    241543
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    35.59%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by john123131 View Post
    New beta + Leviathan and RPM = HOOOOOOORRRNNNNNY...even more then my regular horny ass self....its getting a lil outta control....then if by chance I throw in an Aspire pill....ahhhhh poor gf
    Aspire plus Drive plus RPM= too much PDE5 inhibiton- my nose got so stuffy I could barely breathe...
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  12. Elite Member
    john123131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,792
    Rep Power
    2991
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    9.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    Aspire plus Drive plus RPM= too much PDE5 inhibiton- my nose got so stuffy I could barely breathe...
    weak, have you had good results with aspire on its own, or probly havent tried it minus the drive/rpm combo yet eh?
  13. Banned
    matthew76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,671
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    28.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    i can't wait until the new product is released!
    any time frame until it hits the Planet?
  14. Senior Member
    Jstrong20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,385
    Rep Power
    215267
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    58.45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by john123131 View Post
    New beta + Leviathan and RPM = HOOOOOOORRRNNNNNY...even more then my regular horny ass self....its getting a lil outta control....then if by chance I throw in an Aspire pill....ahhhhh poor gf
    Do you find the leviathon or rpm is better for libido on its own? I plan on running one trying both but only want to pic one for upcoming pct. I'm looking for something to keep me lean, keep energy up, and keep libido going. Revolt has libido pretty much gone right now.
  15. Senior Member
    AnonyMoose's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  256 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,337
    Rep Power
    772
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    66.53%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    Aspire plus Drive plus RPM= too much PDE5 inhibiton- my nose got so stuffy I could barely breathe...
    awe - so that's what that is. i thought i was the only getting that. i'll gave to search on pde5 inhibition.

    thanks bro
  16. Registered User
    jjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,538
    Rep Power
    77392
    Level
    53
    Lv. Percent
    16.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    It leaves me horny as hell too. I'm 19 so you can imagine what I look like
  17. Senior Member
    heebs10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,584
    Rep Power
    1156
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    62.74%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jjohn View Post
    It leaves me horny as hell too. I'm 19 so you can imagine what I look like
    as in 19 years old! your f-ing jacked for 19!!
  18. Registered User
    jjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,538
    Rep Power
    77392
    Level
    53
    Lv. Percent
    16.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by heebs10 View Post
    as in 19 years old! your f-ing jacked for 19!!
    Well, yep sir. And thanks for the kind words! You're pretty ripped too man!
  19. Board Sponsor
    rms80's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,224
    Rep Power
    241543
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    35.59%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by AnonyMoose View Post
    awe - so that's what that is. i thought i was the only getting that. i'll gave to search on pde5 inhibition.

    thanks bro
    no problem- it really was pretty unpleasant- it has to do with nitric oxide and cGMP release....
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  20. Senior Member
    AnonyMoose's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  256 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,337
    Rep Power
    772
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    66.53%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    no problem- it really was pretty unpleasant- it has to do with nitric oxide and cGMP release....
    thanks because that search indicated penis and lung linings. i'll try that now.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Icariin and Icariins from Epimedium extract
    By shhww3 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-16-2009, 05:58 PM
  2. Horny Goat Weed(icariin) and Fenugreek ?
    By h0other in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-20-2009, 02:38 PM
  3. My Libido is Gone and Erections are Weak
    By libidoless in forum Supplements
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 10-09-2008, 09:57 PM
  4. Ephedrine and Erection
    By MuscleMind in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-31-2008, 11:53 AM
  5. RPM and Erections?
    By Ubiyca in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-10-2007, 03:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in