Pantothenic Acid or accutane

vicaversa6922

vicaversa6922

Awards
Acutually i'm currently on my 3rd month of accutane but have been reading alot of bad things about it. I was woundering if i went off of it and just took say 10 grams of Pantothenic Acid would my acne stay gone? thanks in advance :saw:

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Acutually i'm currently on my 3rd month of accutane but have been reading alot of bad things about it. I was woundering if i went off of it and just took say 10 grams of Pantothenic Acid would my acne stay gone? thanks in advance :saw:
Stick with your doc's advice is the best advice I can give you. It is bad for the liver, but does wonders for your acne.

vicaversa6922

vicaversa6922

Awards
The doc said i would be on it for 5 months but i was planning on moving in the next month and will probably have to discontinue it after 4 months of use i was hoping i could just substitute my 5 month and so on with Pantothenic Acid. Im current on 80mg a day of accutane. I hope four months will be enough

Cerberus

Awards
There is a lot of horror stories about accutane on the internet. It's the internet. Listen to qualified derms who understand this drug and trust them. Keep getting liver testing, keep your diet locked in, and forget about it.

I've never had to get on accutane, but I've talked with enough derms, and read enough research to allow myself to state I would feel comfortable taking accutane if need be if my health was in order.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
Accutane works great... i took it when i was 16 for about 6 months... i might get one zit on my face every 5 months now (7 years later)

I however, did experience the depression that is loosely associated with the script...and this was years ago before depression was an associated side effect of the drug... finally once i stopped taking it... everything was cool again ... just keep it in mind if you start getting depressed on the medicine.

Eightpak

Eightpak

Awards
I would give panthotenic acid a try. Don't start off with 10g though. Start with just a couple grams and work your way up till you find a sweet spot. It may be less than 10g. Talk to you doc about your plans though. If it were me personally, I would save the accutane for the last possible option. Would not want the side effects. Pan Acid has worked great for me in the past.