VPX Double Barrel Shotgun???

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
So this was advertised a little bit in a few different BBing magazines, and now I havent seen anymore info on this. I'm assuming it's their shotgun plus post workout. Just curious as to what's in the post, and if they did anything to make the product actually taste good.

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
So this was advertised a little bit in a few different BBing magazines, and now I havent seen anymore info on this. I'm assuming it's their shotgun plus post workout. Just curious as to what's in the post, and if they did anything to make the product actually taste good.
I think they plan on releasing it at the O this year. :)

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
Should be good, we shall see what happens. The RTD version of their shotgun should be good as well.
fyi:
I was just looking at their HP magazine and it had an add in it. Double Barrel = HX-1 and HX-2. You take the HX-1 pre w/o and HX-2 post w/o.

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
fyi:
I was just looking at their HP magazine and it had an add in it. Double Barrel = HX-1 and HX-2. You take the HX-1 pre w/o and HX-2 post w/o.
Sounds good! :head: :cheers:

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
well, TECHNICALLY you shouldn't be buying NO Shotgun to begin with. I was reading Muscular Development and they were going on and on about hyperplasia and Toney 'got hyperplasia'...uh-huh...of course that couldn't have been from the IGF that he was taking.

NO Shotgun was a dud, and the double barrel shotgun will also probably be full of blanks too.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
well, TECHNICALLY you shouldn't be buying NO Shotgun to begin with. I was reading Muscular Development and they were going on and on about hyperplasia and Toney 'got hyperplasia'...uh-huh...of course that couldn't have been from the IGF that he was taking.

NO Shotgun was a dud, and the double barrel shotgun will also probably be full of blanks too.
Have you actually tried it? Just wondering because I haven't, but a lot of the reviews I've read have seemed pretty positive.

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
Have you actually tried it? Just wondering because I haven't, but a lot of the reviews I've read have seemed pretty positive.
I was just going to ask the same thing. Aside from the absolutely horrid taste the product gave me better results than just about every other prework out there, and I have tried lots.

nsr54

nsr54

Awards
The taste is ridiculous.....easily the worst powder ive ever tried. The pumps though, in comparison to No-Xplod, id take the Shotgun pumps. But ive found that mixing the shotgun with a glass of grape cranberry juice W/ ice works great. It really draws the taste out.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I couldn't get this crap down. I tried gatorade and it wasn't to bad. So hard to get down. I got WTF pumped now and its ok stuff. I'm still searching for the pump dragon...

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established

Taste was horrid. The product was 'ok' as best, there are much better PWO supps out there. I'm not an NO-Xplode fan either, but atleast the taste was better...to me anyway. Endorush is the only good thing from BSN.

Personally, I used to just blend different bulk powders that I buy which worked well for me in the past. I soon realized that I can still achieve good pumps without all the NO2 stuff out there, so I just stopped buying that stuff and just started taking some stims PWO and that's it.

I'll probably take heat for this, but the whole NO2 pumped stuff, etc is just an accessory and fun to have, but does not have any real use. Make your veins bigger ? better flow ? hm. I've put on muscle without taking PWO NO2 supplements, and Arnold Schwarzenegger and Larry Scott probably didn't use NO-Xplode either back in the day.

I stopped buying that overhyped/overpriced garbage a long time ago.

This is literally my 'stack' I'm currently using in addition to a clean diet/working out.

-multivitamin/mineral
-higher power protein
-higher power creatine monohydrate
-fish oil
-some type of stim pre-workout. caffeine,yohimbe,ephedrine, something like that. I've been drinking Endorush and it works good for me.

that's it.

The only possible thing that could accelerate further muscle gain for me in that stack is gear.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
I thought it was solid, and I thought the taste was fine....

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
VPX is looking at releasing a new flavor of Shotgun at the O this year.

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
damn i wish i had your sense of taste
haha wow no kidding!
VPX is looking at releasing a new flavor of Shotgun at the O this year.
I've never spoken to anyone from vpx but I wonder what Jack Owac considers this flavor to be. I mean everyone speculates different things, but just sort of curious as to what it's meant to taste like since the label makes no mention of any real flavor.

animalkrack3r

Awards
I would flavor it apple cinnamon a s s h o l e

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
haha wow no kidding!

I've never spoken to anyone from vpx but I wonder what Jack Owac considers this flavor to be. I mean everyone speculates different things, but just sort of curious as to what it's meant to taste like since the label makes no mention of any real flavor.

I think they are thinking of flavoring it Tropical Fruit. I could be wrong, but that's what a little birdy told me ;)

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Viper,

Is there where your gonna tell me, 'Reaper, screw VPX shotgun, stick with WTF Pumped ! instead ?'

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
I think they are thinking of flavoring it Tropical Fruit. I could be wrong, but that's what a little birdy told me ;)
Well I used to drink the AEX pump RTD's all the time, and shotgun tastes like a really gritty version of that, and those were easy to stomach. I was just wondering if they purposely made it taste so awful.

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
Viper,

Is there where your gonna tell me, 'Reaper, screw VPX shotgun, stick with WTF Pumped ! instead ?'
Can't do that, I haven't tried Shotgun yet so I can't compare the 2.

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
Can't do that, I haven't tried Shotgun yet so I can't compare the 2.
How does the wtf taste? A guy I work with, said the taste was so awful it wasn't even worth sampling. More or less the name sort of makes me chuckle.

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
How does the wtf taste? A guy I work with, said the taste was so awful it wasn't even worth sampling. More or less the name sort of makes me chuckle.
WTF has a mellow lemonade flavor, it taste fine in my opinion.

edit: I was wrong on the Shotgun. The new flavor is Exotic Fruit and will be released in about 6 weeks according to VPX.

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established

edit: I was wrong on the Shotgun. The new flavor is Exotic Fruit and will be released in about 6 weeks according to VPX.
:woohoo: :dance:

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The key word there is mellow. I like it for that reason. I can't stand when things are OVERflavored. Green Mag, IMO, is way overflavored to the point that I don't ever take it anymore. I'd rather not drink a ton of liquid before my workout, and if I diluted the GM any more, that's what I would be doing.

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
The key word there is mellow. I like it for that reason. I can't stand when things are OVERflavored. Green Mag, IMO, is way overflavored to the point that I don't ever take it anymore. I'd rather not drink a ton of liquid before my workout, and if I diluted the GM any more, that's what I would be doing.
Funny you mention Greeen Mag. It's actually my favorite tasting drink. (the apple). I often mix Green Mag and WTF Pump'd in the same glass and drink it. Probably about 16 ounces of water.

nsr54

nsr54

Awards
thats one thing i think that Shotgun could stand to be.....OVERflavored! Any idea if its going to be in the same price range, or maybe even a little cheaper?? :)