Dosages for ALCAR, L-Tyrosine, and Arginine

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
ALCAR, L-Tyrosine, and Arginine

Looking to start the following and interested feedback on the dosages for preworkout use:

* Acetyl-L-Carnitine - 2 grams per day
* L-Tyrosine - 2.5 grams per day
* Arginine - 3 grams per day

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Suggestions? Also, I have heard this but not sure if it to be the case, has anyone experienced tanning effect with L-Tyrosine?

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I take 4 grams a day of tyrosine. Now that you say it, i think Im holding my tan better since I've started all the tyrosine.

Arginine.....hrm.......3 grams in the morning/preWO/and before bed is what i've read. i dont take it so I dont really know for sure. I have a freind taken 3 in the am and 3 pre and he's doing pretty good.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
What effect do you experience with tyrosine? Trying to gain a better idea how it is beneficial.

I take 4 grams a day of tyrosine. Now that you say it, i think Im holding my tan better since I've started all the tyrosine.

Arginine.....hrm.......3 grams in the morning/preWO/and before bed is what i've read. i dont take it so I dont really know for sure. I have a freind taken 3 in the am and 3 pre and he's doing pretty good.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Looking to start the following and interested feedback on the dosages for preworkout use:

ALCAR 3-6g pre-wo

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What effect do you experience with tyrosine? Trying to gain a better idea how it is beneficial.
Tan is pretty much the same as usual, just seems to maintain darkness a lot longer. Other effects for me when I run it are usually a slight increase in awarness and sense of well being. Works great with ALCAR and stim of choice.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Great! My BIG order is due here Monday. Have heard the Tyrosine makes a stim such as RPM much more intense.

Tan is pretty much the same as usual, just seems to maintain darkness a lot longer. Other effects for me when I run it are usually a slight increase in awarness and sense of well being. Works great with ALCAR and stim of choice.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
Great! My BIG order is due here Monday. Have heard the Tyrosine makes a stim such as RPM much more intense.
i believe L-tyrosine is a precursor to epinephrine and nor epinephrine, ie neurotransmitters. so i would say yes to some degree, although rather mild in my experiences.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Sounds impressive; should work well with my stack then. :)

Is your dosage typically 3-4grams preworkout?

i believe L-tyrosine is a precursor to epinephrine and nor epinephrine, ie neurotransmitters. so i would say yes to some degree, although rather mild in my experiences.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Is it more effective to break up the dosage instead of taking it entirely for preworkout?

Looks like my order should be here tomorrow so can't wait to start my new stack. Based on the feedback received so far:

* Acetyl-L-Carnitine - 4 grams per day
* L-Tyrosine - 4 grams per day

I do 2gr when i wake up and 2 pre-workout

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Darn; 9 grams of Arginine a day????

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Going to try it both in the morning and preworkout and then just preworkout and see if I noticed a difference.

Any idea if it is more effective to break out the Acetyl-L-Carnitine dosage to morning and preworkout also?

I just like to get a boost in the morning and then again when I train later in the evening. As far as arginine thats what the popular dose is, 3-5gr so you could actually do up to 15 a day

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
Going to try it both in the morning and preworkout and then just preworkout and see if I noticed a difference.

Any idea if it is more effective to break out the Acetyl-L-Carnitine dosage to morning and preworkout also?
You could try the ALCAR pre-workout, effects should be subtle. PLCAR would be pretty good pre-wo too.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards

Pre-workout

Try it 3-6 grams. Should give you some great strength gain

IRISHRYG

Board Supporter
Awards
I like to take 3g alcar, 3g tyrosine, 3gcholine, 1-2g piracetam preworkout, you should give that a try. Provides excellent focus and energy and is very similiar to bsl GO!

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established
add about 3 grams of choline to that stack and you are golden. Choline can be had dirt cheap as well and is a great addition.

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established

I would add Choline and Piractem

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
What benefit do choline and piracetam provide?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Piracetam is the king of all Notropics.Its where all notropics orginated from. It was The first one discovered in the Seventies in Europe that tests were done

In one well-designed study, normal people were given Piracetam or a placebo in two four-week double blind stints. In a battery of conventional and computerized tests, the Piracetam turned people of average intelligence into near geniuses.There is extensive literature on its effectiveness and it has a near zero toxicity record, and it is readily available outside the US.

I have never tryed this . it is on my next batch.

Yes Asian Babe is right the Alcar effects are subtle. I did Alcar for two years, I hopped on the bandwagon. IN Theory it does Increase testostrone METABOLISM and studies have show it does NOT produce fatloss gains and increase muscle mass. It does do what it says.... increases Fat oxio....that doesnt equal fatloss though.Do you see how people can take one peice of information and blow it out of proportional to make money? Im not going to waste any more money on it ; although it does have some subtle effects, the effects arn't significant enough for me to keep buying it. I wasted Two years at three grams every day on this stuff and I finally found the studies today.You live you learn! =)The only Major benifit I found out of Alcar or L-carnitine is that is increases sperm mobily , so if you want to have a child, its benifical for this.

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
What benefit do choline and piracetam provide?
I always add Choline because when you take ALCAR it will deplete Choline stores plus it is good for you anyway. Piracetam helps communication between both sides of your brain. I feel like I have much better mental clarity with it, it is a staple in my supplement supply.

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
Piracetam is the king of all Notropics.Its where all notropics orginated from. It was The first one discovered in the Seventies in Europe that tests were done

In one well-designed study, normal people were given Piracetam or a placebo in two four-week double blind stints. In a battery of conventional and computerized tests, the Piracetam turned people of average intelligence into near geniuses.There is extensive literature on its effectiveness and it has a near zero toxicity record, and it is readily available outside the US.

I have never tryed this . it is on my next batch.

Yes Asian Babe is right the Alcar effects are subtle. I did Alcar for two years, I hopped on the bandwagon. IN Theory it does Increase testostrone METABOLISM and studies have show it does NOT produce fatloss gains and increase muscle mass. It does do what it says.... increases Fat oxio....that doesnt equal fatloss though.Do you see how people can take one peice of information and blow it out of proportional to make money? Im not going to waste any more money on it ; although it does have some subtle effects, the effects arn't significant enough for me to keep buying it. I wasted Two years at three grams every day on this stuff and I finally found the studies today.You live you learn! =)The only Major benifit I found out of Alcar or L-carnitine is that is increases sperm mobily , so if you want to have a child, its benifical for this.
I love ALCAR but not for any of the reasons you say that it is no good. I notice ALCAR is a really good mood lifter. I feel it has anti depressent qualities. You can find a whole lot more things that ALCAR does for you than fat loss and testosterone. There are a lot of different studies on it that show it is a CNS protectant. I actually prefer PLCAR (Propl-L-Carnitine) or a combinations of them both. Not only is ALCAR healthy for you, but the stuff is cheap as hell at nutra.