Dosages for ALCAR, L-Tyrosine, and Arginine

  1. Arrow ALCAR, L-Tyrosine, and Arginine


    Looking to start the following and interested feedback on the dosages for preworkout use:

    * Acetyl-L-Carnitine - 2 grams per day
    * L-Tyrosine - 2.5 grams per day
    * Arginine - 3 grams per day


  2. Suggestions? Also, I have heard this but not sure if it to be the case, has anyone experienced tanning effect with L-Tyrosine?

  3. I take 4 grams a day of tyrosine. Now that you say it, i think Im holding my tan better since I've started all the tyrosine.

    Arginine.....hrm.......3 grams in the morning/preWO/and before bed is what i've read. i dont take it so I dont really know for sure. I have a freind taken 3 in the am and 3 pre and he's doing pretty good.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by fatburner2007 View Post
    Suggestions? Also, I have heard this but not sure if it to be the case, has anyone experienced tanning effect with L-Tyrosine?
    Yes, but it's more in the red range

  5. Do does too high of a dosage make you look like you just used some really bad self tanner? LOL

    Quote Originally Posted by anabolicrhino View Post
    Yes, but it's more in the red range

  6. What effect do you experience with tyrosine? Trying to gain a better idea how it is beneficial.

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    I take 4 grams a day of tyrosine. Now that you say it, i think Im holding my tan better since I've started all the tyrosine.

    Arginine.....hrm.......3 grams in the morning/preWO/and before bed is what i've read. i dont take it so I dont really know for sure. I have a freind taken 3 in the am and 3 pre and he's doing pretty good.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by fatburner2007 View Post
    Looking to start the following and interested feedback on the dosages for preworkout use:

    * Acetyl-L-Carnitine - 2 grams per day
    * L-Tyrosine - 2.5 grams per day
    * Arginine - 3 grams per day
    ALCAR 3-6g pre-wo

  8. Quote Originally Posted by fatburner2007 View Post
    What effect do you experience with tyrosine? Trying to gain a better idea how it is beneficial.
    Tan is pretty much the same as usual, just seems to maintain darkness a lot longer. Other effects for me when I run it are usually a slight increase in awarness and sense of well being. Works great with ALCAR and stim of choice.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!



  9. Quote Originally Posted by anabolicrhino View Post
    Yes, but it's more in the red range
    Isn't that called a sun burn?
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!



  10. Great! My BIG order is due here Monday. Have heard the Tyrosine makes a stim such as RPM much more intense.

    Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    Tan is pretty much the same as usual, just seems to maintain darkness a lot longer. Other effects for me when I run it are usually a slight increase in awarness and sense of well being. Works great with ALCAR and stim of choice.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by fatburner2007 View Post
    Great! My BIG order is due here Monday. Have heard the Tyrosine makes a stim such as RPM much more intense.
    i believe L-tyrosine is a precursor to epinephrine and nor epinephrine, ie neurotransmitters. so i would say yes to some degree, although rather mild in my experiences.

  12. I've noticed alot more sweating (improved thyroid functions?)and focus/well beeing with tyrosine. Its a summer staple of mine.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  13. Sounds impressive; should work well with my stack then.

    Is your dosage typically 3-4grams preworkout?

    Quote Originally Posted by heebs10 View Post
    i believe L-tyrosine is a precursor to epinephrine and nor epinephrine, ie neurotransmitters. so i would say yes to some degree, although rather mild in my experiences.

  14. I do 2gr when i wake up and 2 pre-workout
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  15. Is it more effective to break up the dosage instead of taking it entirely for preworkout?

    Looks like my order should be here tomorrow so can't wait to start my new stack. Based on the feedback received so far:

    * Acetyl-L-Carnitine - 4 grams per day
    * L-Tyrosine - 4 grams per day
    * Arginine - 3 grams per day


    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    I do 2gr when i wake up and 2 pre-workout

  16. Darn; 9 grams of Arginine a day????


    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    I take 4 grams a day of tyrosine. Now that you say it, i think Im holding my tan better since I've started all the tyrosine.

    Arginine.....hrm.......3 grams in the morning/preWO/and before bed is what i've read. i dont take it so I dont really know for sure. I have a freind taken 3 in the am and 3 pre and he's doing pretty good.

  17. I just like to get a boost in the morning and then again when I train later in the evening. As far as arginine thats what the popular dose is, 3-5gr so you could actually do up to 15 a day
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  18. Going to try it both in the morning and preworkout and then just preworkout and see if I noticed a difference.

    Any idea if it is more effective to break out the Acetyl-L-Carnitine dosage to morning and preworkout also?



    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    I just like to get a boost in the morning and then again when I train later in the evening. As far as arginine thats what the popular dose is, 3-5gr so you could actually do up to 15 a day

  19. Quote Originally Posted by fatburner2007 View Post
    Going to try it both in the morning and preworkout and then just preworkout and see if I noticed a difference.

    Any idea if it is more effective to break out the Acetyl-L-Carnitine dosage to morning and preworkout also?
    You could try the ALCAR pre-workout, effects should be subtle. PLCAR would be pretty good pre-wo too.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by fatburner2007 View Post
    Going to try it both in the morning and preworkout and then just preworkout and see if I noticed a difference.

    Any idea if it is more effective to break out the Acetyl-L-Carnitine dosage to morning and preworkout also?
    Pre-workout

    Try it 3-6 grams. Should give you some great strength gain

  21. Thanks! Going to go with it for preworkout for now.


    Quote Originally Posted by xjsynx View Post
    Pre-workout

    Try it 3-6 grams. Should give you some great strength gain

  22. Quote Originally Posted by fatburner2007 View Post
    Thanks! Going to go with it for preworkout for now.
    Right on, Keep us posted.

  23. Looks like a good mix.


    Quote Originally Posted by dethklok View Post
    N.O. Shake Pre W/O:

    ALCAR: 3g
    Tyrosine: 3g
    Arginine: 3g
    AAKG: 3g
    Sugar: 1 tsp
    H2O: 8-10oz

  24. Thanks for mentioning it, but so far so good.


    Quote Originally Posted by dethklok View Post
    FYI....If you experience canker sores (ulceration on the inside of your mouth) reduce/eliminate Arginine.

  25. I like to take 3g alcar, 3g tyrosine, 3gcholine, 1-2g piracetam preworkout, you should give that a try. Provides excellent focus and energy and is very similiar to bsl GO!

  26. add about 3 grams of choline to that stack and you are golden. Choline can be had dirt cheap as well and is a great addition.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by fatburner2007 View Post
    Looking to start the following and interested feedback on the dosages for preworkout use:

    * Acetyl-L-Carnitine - 2 grams per day
    * L-Tyrosine - 2.5 grams per day
    * Arginine - 3 grams per day

    I would add Choline and Piractem

  28. What benefit do choline and piracetam provide?

  29. Piracetam is the king of all Notropics.Its where all notropics orginated from. It was The first one discovered in the Seventies in Europe that tests were done

    In one well-designed study, normal people were given Piracetam or a placebo in two four-week double blind stints. In a battery of conventional and computerized tests, the Piracetam turned people of average intelligence into near geniuses.There is extensive literature on its effectiveness and it has a near zero toxicity record, and it is readily available outside the US.

    I have never tryed this . it is on my next batch.

    Yes Asian Babe is right the Alcar effects are subtle. I did Alcar for two years, I hopped on the bandwagon. IN Theory it does Increase testostrone METABOLISM and studies have show it does NOT produce fatloss gains and increase muscle mass. It does do what it says.... increases Fat oxio....that doesnt equal fatloss though.Do you see how people can take one peice of information and blow it out of proportional to make money? Im not going to waste any more money on it ; although it does have some subtle effects, the effects arn't significant enough for me to keep buying it. I wasted Two years at three grams every day on this stuff and I finally found the studies today.You live you learn! =)The only Major benifit I found out of Alcar or L-carnitine is that is increases sperm mobily , so if you want to have a child, its benifical for this.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness

  30. Quote Originally Posted by fatburner2007 View Post
    What benefit do choline and piracetam provide?
    I always add Choline because when you take ALCAR it will deplete Choline stores plus it is good for you anyway. Piracetam helps communication between both sides of your brain. I feel like I have much better mental clarity with it, it is a staple in my supplement supply.

  31. Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    Piracetam is the king of all Notropics.Its where all notropics orginated from. It was The first one discovered in the Seventies in Europe that tests were done

    In one well-designed study, normal people were given Piracetam or a placebo in two four-week double blind stints. In a battery of conventional and computerized tests, the Piracetam turned people of average intelligence into near geniuses.There is extensive literature on its effectiveness and it has a near zero toxicity record, and it is readily available outside the US.

    I have never tryed this . it is on my next batch.

    Yes Asian Babe is right the Alcar effects are subtle. I did Alcar for two years, I hopped on the bandwagon. IN Theory it does Increase testostrone METABOLISM and studies have show it does NOT produce fatloss gains and increase muscle mass. It does do what it says.... increases Fat oxio....that doesnt equal fatloss though.Do you see how people can take one peice of information and blow it out of proportional to make money? Im not going to waste any more money on it ; although it does have some subtle effects, the effects arn't significant enough for me to keep buying it. I wasted Two years at three grams every day on this stuff and I finally found the studies today.You live you learn! =)The only Major benifit I found out of Alcar or L-carnitine is that is increases sperm mobily , so if you want to have a child, its benifical for this.
    I love ALCAR but not for any of the reasons you say that it is no good. I notice ALCAR is a really good mood lifter. I feel it has anti depressent qualities. You can find a whole lot more things that ALCAR does for you than fat loss and testosterone. There are a lot of different studies on it that show it is a CNS protectant. I actually prefer PLCAR (Propl-L-Carnitine) or a combinations of them both. Not only is ALCAR healthy for you, but the stuff is cheap as hell at nutra.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Dosage for Coleus Forskolin 10% and Super Cissus ?
    By DaveMcNaul in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-28-2012, 11:19 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-19-2011, 01:24 AM
  3. Which AI and dosage for Tren/Pmag cycle
    By TheMaharaja in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-14-2011, 11:54 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-29-2008, 09:17 AM
  5. what dosage for RYR and CoQ10?
    By Tad50 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-09-2005, 11:00 AM
Log in
Log in