Beta Alanine

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
or more specifically, SCIFIT’s ® BETA ALANINE 2000

this product any good? I don't know much about beta alanine...effective in helping with muscle building?

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Beta Alanine is also known as 3-aminopropanoic acid. It should not be confused with alanine. Beta Alanine is a non proteinogenic amino acid, which means it cannot be synthesized into a protein. Beta Alanine can be found naturally in poultry and beef. Dr. Roger Harris research which later led to creatine on the market has also now helped bring attention to beta Alanine.

Beta Alanine and bodybuilding:

Beta Alanine according to scientific research has the following benefits: increased aerobic endurance, increased strength and muscle mass, increase anaerobic (weight lifting) endurance. You should also notice increased pumps and vasodilation.

Beta Alanine Recommendations:

The optimal dose seems to be about 5 grams a day according
to research. It should also be taken with a high carbohydrate meal.Beta Alanine seems to have similiar benefits overall as creatine. Taking creatine with Beta Alanine will mean you will get benefits of both supplements simultaneously. It may take 3 to 4 weeks to start noticing results from Beta Alanine. According to studies it should take 12 weeks before it hits its peak.

Beta Alanine Side Effects:

Some people notice a tingling sensation on the skin in the first few weeks directly after ingestion that lasts about an hour. Eventually this subsides after a few weeks of supplementation. It is caused by how Beta Alanine binds to nerve receptors. It is not felt by everyone, so it is not a sign of it working or not.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
or more specifically, SCIFIT’s ® BETA ALANINE 2000

this product any good? I don't know much about beta alanine...effective in helping with muscle building?
actually its pretty good for the price i bought it on a clearance for $5 a bottle of 120 caps i bought 3 and over that time you will feel the tinglely feeling like 15-30 mins later

whats amazing is that it really does help with performance and strength, over that time i took scifit's;kre alkalyn, beta alanine, and econowhey because i was on a budget and i was surprised in 2 months i put up 30lbs more on bench. i think i gained like 6 lbs of muscle

not to mention that during football season i tore it up i was hella fast strong and unstopable