P Slin Question

HITscientist

HITscientist

Awards
If P Slin is suppost to deliver all those carbs straight to muscle glycogen stores can you take it post workout instead with the same amount of carbs? Of course this would only be on training days.... but if it to mimic the effects of insulin, why not post workout?

Off days, I think before breakfast is fine, but I was just curious about training days can it be taken post workout??

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
most people take simple carbs post WO. but u raise a very good question...how about AP or YG post WO?

HITscientist

HITscientist

Awards
Yes, but I take in a 50/50 simple/complex carb post workout from malodextrin (complex) & dextrose (simple)

So in this case... couldn't it be taken pwo with the above shake?? Any advice would be appreciate

If P Slin is suppost to deliver all those carbs straight to muscle glycogen stores can you take it post workout instead with the same amount of carbs? Of course this would only be on training days.... but if it to mimic the effects of insulin, why not post workout?

Off days, I think before breakfast is fine, but I was just curious about training days can it be taken post workout??
Try it both way. PSlin and AP are new category of supplement so educated experiementation is needed, but the effects of PSLIN will last into post workout and its effects are cumulative.

The insane clean energy and endurance is why I use it pre workout and post workout the muscle are primed to suck up nutrients from training.

HITscientist

HITscientist

Awards
So you are saying you take 2 per day on a training day? Pre and Post Workout?

Give me your honest opinion... with a shake consisting of about 32g carbs from dextrose, 32g carbs from malodextrin and about 6g carbs & 48g protein from whey do you think I could take P Slin soley POST workout before this shake, or would you say take one before AND one after?

Thanks for the quick help.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
So you are saying you take 2 per day on a training day? Pre and Post Workout?

Give me your honest opinion... with a shake consisting of about 32g carbs from dextrose, 32g carbs from malodextrin and about 6g carbs & 48g protein from whey do you think I could take P Slin soley POST workout before this shake, or would you say take one before AND one after?

Thanks for the quick help.
bro, i think what USP was saying is that if u take pslin pre WO, it will still be "working its magic" by the time u are done and drink your shake, and there for deliver your carbs. so u would get the benefit of taking it pre WO and still shuttle your carbs afterwords.

please enlighten me if im wrong, but since when is maltodextrine a complex carb?

HITscientist

HITscientist

Awards
Your right my mistake, it is not a complex carb, just a different type of simple carb.

I understand that, but I'm saying If I take pslin pre workout and eat 60-100g carbs, then train your telling me that one pill will still shuttle another 70g carbs post workout as well or by taking 1-2 be better (1 pre & 1 post) or else just 1 post workout?

I do like the sound of taking AP morning, pre and post!!!! cool stuff.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your right my mistake, it is not a complex carb, just a different type of simple carb.

I understand that, but I'm saying If I take pslin pre workout and eat 60-100g carbs, then train your telling me that one pill will still shuttle another 70g carbs post workout as well or by taking 1-2 be better (1 pre & 1 post) or else just 1 post workout?

I do like the sound of taking AP morning, pre and post!!!! cool stuff.
Just one pslin pre. It takes anywhere from an hour and up after the meal for p-slin to give its max effectiveness (based on type of carb), which is what they meant by "its still working post-wo". it probably would to some extent soak up more afterwards but you'd have to try and see how you felt more than anything. A lot of the details on how it effects you, as well as how much in carbs it takes to get what effect are based around your personal insulin sensitivity it seems.

If you wanted to really do the forced thing you could take an AP after workout then take in your additional carbs then, but not another pslin.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
perhaps if u take the pslin pre Wo with fewer complex carbs say maybe ~50 or so, maybe it will be more effective for shuttling more of your carbs post WO. this is just a thought, it clearly says on the bottle to take with 60-100, just putting that out there to be safe.

HITscientist

HITscientist

Awards
Thanks for the help.... so as of now I understand that you guys are saying just one pslin PRE workout.

I will do this unless USP board member says otherwise????

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can try more than one in a day, but recommendation is 1. So far I haven't seen anyone log taking more than 1. Most people have a hard time eating that much in complex carbs in one seating twice in a day :D

tattoopierced1

i'd do 1 pslin pre workout and then take 1 or 2 AP or YG for post workout. Planning on doing that once my surgery is done and I'm back in the gym.

HITscientist

HITscientist

Awards
i'd do 1 pslin pre workout and then take 1 or 2 AP or YG for post workout. Planning on doing that once my surgery is done and I'm back in the gym.

Thanks! This is exactly what was planning on. Can you take (2) AP post workout? I thought it was only (1) 3x per day

HITscientist

HITscientist

Awards
I normally take 2 at a time....just make sure to adjust carbs accordingly.

Ok, sorry to be repetative, but I figure better to be safe then sorry and make sure I'm going to do this correctly..

1 PSlin Pre Workout
Should I take a AP too?

And then 1-2 AP post workout

tattoopierced1

You could try an AP along with the PSlin, but I highly doubt I would... seems like a waste of AP. Save it for PWO.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, not an extra AP pre-workout, unless you feel like forcing down 150g of carbs pre-workout too :) or passing out from hypoglycemia during your workout.

100g is hard enough as far as I'm concerned. And I would start without AP postworkout for a week, see how it goes, then look at adding it. You can still use it for later in the day meals, I'm just talking about immediately post workout. You may find that your response to the p-slin is high enough that you have no need for the AP right away.

HITscientist

HITscientist

Awards
No, not an extra AP pre-workout, unless you feel like forcing down 150g of carbs pre-workout too :) or passing out from hypoglycemia during your workout.

100g is hard enough as far as I'm concerned. And I would start without AP postworkout for a week, see how it goes, then look at adding it. You can still use it for later in the day meals, I'm just talking about immediately post workout. You may find that your response to the p-slin is high enough that you have no need for the AP right away.

Thanks guys! Everyone here is awesome! I've been competing and training for a while and this is by far the best site I've ever found!

Ok this is what my plan will be...

Training days: 1 AP before breakfast
1 P Slin Pre Workout (60-100 carbs)
1 AP Post Workout (70 carbs)
1 AP Sometime later in the day (with carbs)

tattoopierced1

Thanks guys! Everyone here is awesome! I've been competing and training for a while and this is by far the best site I've ever found!

looks like a plan! keep everyone abreast of how it goes.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established

Thats exactly my schedule, minus the 3rd AP...

..Which is because I tend to workout later in the day.

HITscientist

HITscientist

Awards
Will keep updates definately!

Yes I will only take the 3rd AP if I trained in the early afternoon otherwise I'll just do (2).

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What is the difference between pslin and ap:?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
pslin is the newer, stronger more simple version of AP basically. Same basic action, shares some chemistry, p-slin is WAY stronger