Side Effects of Yohimbine HCL

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Senior Member
    Answers

Arrow Side Effects of Yohimbine HCL

Interested in feedback from others who have used Yohimbine HCL. It has been a while since I have used it, but when I did, it was one ingredient of many in a preworkout supplement. After trying to figure out what was causing it, it seemed the Yohimbine HCL was making me nausea.

Is this typical of Yohimbine HCL or less of a problem when using the bulk Yohimbine HCL powder?

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Answers

Actually I've had products that have had Yohimbe in it and I've also had nausea. I don't recommend anything more than 10mg. That's just me. I don't mind caffiene and whatnot, but those herbal shlt is a little too hardcore for me.

Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Answers

What dose did you supplement with? or what was the product?
    In my experience, the first few times you take yohimbine hcl it will hit you much differently than once you have supplemented with it for a few days/week. My point being is that if you dose slightly high the first time you take it, its likeley to cause this. Try a low dose of 2-6 mg and work up from there. it should minimize effects.

•   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

I have never had a bad experience with Y-HCl. It helps out with ab fat loss when taken properly and didn't effect my BP or HR significantly.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

5. Senior Member
    Answers

The more I think about it, it might have been the plain Yohimbine HCl Caps which were likely 2.5mg per cap. Think I started with either one or two caps, might even have tried one cap and I could feel the effects big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Palo Alto Labs View Post
    What dose did you supplement with? or what was the product?
    In my experience, the first few times you take yohimbine hcl it will hit you much differently than once you have supplemented with it for a few days/week. My point being is that if you dose slightly high the first time you take it, its likeley to cause this. Try a low dose of 2-6 mg and work up from there. it should minimize effects.

6. Senior Member
    Answers

2.5mg of yohimbine gave u ill sides? it can give some unpleasant sides if dosed a little higher for sure. for example, 15+mg's would give a huge energy boost for a while but then you crash, and get sides like shortness of breathing, nausea, and just a really strange feeling altogether, its not fun. thats just me though, u may be more susceptible at much lower doses. i dont go above 10mg per dose at most(normally only do about 5mg though), and really spread out the doses like 7-8 hours or so.

7. Senior Member
    Answers

Yeah, going to try it again and hopefully have better luck with it this time.

Quote Originally Posted by heebs10 View Post
    2.5mg of yohimbine gave u ill sides? it can give some unpleasant sides if dosed a little higher for sure. for example, 15+mg's would give a huge energy boost for a while but then you crash, and get sides like shortness of breathing, nausea, and just a really strange feeling altogether, its not fun. thats just me though, u may be more susceptible at much lower doses. i dont go above 10mg per dose at most(normally only do about 5mg though), and really spread out the doses like 7-8 hours or so.

8. Club Myth CEO
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Answers

the only side I have had from it that was undesireable was a walking hard on. Other than that I love the stuff!

Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Answers

First time I ever took yohimbine hcl.. i popped 9mg and felt a little jittery... but that was it

perhaps it was possible that it was yohimbe? which can host many other side's due to its extraction

10. Senior Member
    Answers

perhaps it was possible that it was yohimbe? which can host many other side's due to its extraction
    that will do it. there are a lot of different alkaloids in yohimbe that will just give an unpleasant feeling when taking to much.

11. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TheMyth View Post
    the only side I have had from it that was undesireable was a walking hard on. Other than that I love the stuff!
    same herre. I love the stuff...

12. Senior Member
    Answers

It was a while ago, so just might had been that instead of y-hcl. Anyways, put it on my order today and going to give it another shot.

First time I ever took yohimbine hcl.. i popped 9mg and felt a little jittery... but that was it

13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Yohimbe makes me jittery..almost clen-like.

Elevates my BP everytime.

I'm finding I do NOT like it for pre-WO on lifting days...that's when I feel semi-naseous and short of breath...makes me not want to push hard.

Pre-cardio is an entirely different story. It's great for that and on par with ephedrine IMO.

14. Senior Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post

I'm finding I do NOT like it for pre-WO on lifting days...that's when I feel semi-naseous and short of breath...makes me not want to push hard.

Pre-cardio is an entirely different story. It's great for that and on par with ephedrine IMO.
    imo, yohimbine is much cleaner feeling then yohimbe. i will not use yohimbe again, but i love yohimbine+caffine.

15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Answers

If it makes you feel that weird lower the dose. No biggie. It has that kick that I need, and if I need more kick then I adjust the dose. Reliability is an amazing thing..

16. Board Sponsor
    Answers

We have a lot of experience with yohimbine-containing supplements (and for those who don't know, yohimbe and yohimbine are very different things).

Even yohimbine HCl, though, can cause unpleasant side effects at low doses for some people. Anxiety, increases in heart rate and blood pressure, etc.

So, we keep yohimbine in our fat loss topicals to avoid systemic delivery, while we substituted alpha-yohimbine for yohimbine HCl in HEAT.

17. Advanced Member
    Answers

I personally have bad sides from any significant dose of Yohimbe, whether standarized, raw powdered bark, or transdermal.

It elevates my blood pressure and makes me cranky as hell...sometimes it makes me have anxiety/panic problems.

Perhaps its just me, but I've heard this from some users. Hopefully you're not one of them!

18. Board Sponsor
    Answers

Siz, have you tried any of our transdermal products with yohimbine (Lipoderm-Y, Lipoderm-Ultra)?

19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

I did and tolerated them well....until I added too much caffiene to one bottle. I was awake for 20 hours, lol.

20. Senior Member
    Answers

So you experience was with Yohimbe, not Yohimbine HCL right?

Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by heebs10 View Post
    imo, yohimbine is much cleaner feeling then yohimbe. i will not use yohimbe again, but i love yohimbine+caffine.
    definitely agree..

I cannot express enough that there is a world of a difference between yohimbe and yohimbine hcl

22. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fatburner2007 View Post
    So you experience was with Yohimbe, not Yohimbine HCL right?
    To clarify..since I wrote that in a hurry..

Yohimbe made me jittery as hell although the libido boosting effects were more pronounced.

Yohimbine HCL produces no jitters,a much cleaner energy and mood.

BOTH will keep me awake if I dose too late in the day and both elevate my BP fairly consistently.

23. Senior Member
    Answers

Thanks for the clarification.

Did you get a libido boosting effect from the Yohimbine HCL?

To clarify..since I wrote that in a hurry..

Yohimbe made me jittery as hell although the libido boosting effects were more pronounced.

Yohimbine HCL produces no jitters,a much cleaner energy and mood.

BOTH will keep me awake if I dose too late in the day and both elevate my BP fairly consistently.

24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Yes, but not as big of a boost as yohimbe. Yohimbe had me hanging low...just too cracked out to enjoy it.

25. Senior Member
    Answers

Yohimbe HCL made for awesome orgasms and was a key to fat loss
    when combined with Norephedrine and caffiene.

downside mania, nervousness,paranoia

I believe there is a receptor saturation point that decreases with age, at least that was my experience. I loved it for about 10 years and then just couldn't handle it anymore around my mid 30's

26. Senior Member
    Answers

By couldn't handle it, you mean it had more of a negative impact?

Quote Originally Posted by anabolicrhino View Post
    Yohimbe HCL made for awesome orgasms and was a key to fat loss
    when combined with Norephedrine and caffiene.

downside mania, nervousness,paranoia

I believe there is a receptor saturation point that decreases with age, at least that was my experience. I loved it for about 10 years and then just couldn't handle it anymore around my mid 30's

27. Senior Member
    Answers

Starting at 2.5mg today; would it be better to take it with food to minimize the side effects?

Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fatburner2007 View Post
    Starting at 2.5mg today; would it be better to take it with food to minimize the side effects?
    The insulin spike that is associated with sugars and simple carbohydrates will counteract some of the effects of yohimbine. So for best results, maximum thermogenic effect, make sure you take it at least 45 mins before meals, or 45 mins after a smaller meal

29. Senior Member
    Answers

Good idea! My thought was to work up to that based on what I have experienced with it before.

Hoping it works better this time

The insulin spike that is associated with sugars and simple carbohydrates will counteract some of the effects of yohimbine. So for best results, maximum thermogenic effect, make sure you take it at least 45 mins before meals, or 45 mins after a smaller meal

30. Banned
    Answers

HAHA! Myth, I like you man - but that's a bit toooo much info brother! lol

ASPIRE36 gives me walking / talking / can't go to the grocery store wood! I LIKE IT! Wife on the other hand........

Quote Originally Posted by TheMyth View Post

31. Senior Member
    Answers

Well, tried one cap this morning and everything seemed fine. Then tried another one around lunchtime and that was when it hit me; nausea

32. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

It seems to have a longer halflife than E or at least one of it's metabolites does. I've had the same experience..not felt too much then added some more and POW..reached critical mass before I knew it.

33. Senior Member
    Answers

Would a daily dosage of only 2.5mg be at all beneficial?

It seems to have a longer halflife than E or at least one of it's metabolites does. I've had the same experience..not felt too much then added some more and POW..reached critical mass before I knew it.

34. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Probably not for fatloss. If you run that dose for a week or two, you'll build up a tolerance. I have worked my way up to 10 mg per day over the last 4 weeks...slowly. At this dose there is some fatloss for me.

35. Senior Member
    Answers

2 caps about did me in; sure don't see how I can manage 4 with the side effects I felt; much just have to forgo it.

Probably not for fatloss. If you run that dose for a week or two, you'll build up a tolerance. I have worked my way up to 10 mg per day over the last 4 weeks...slowly. At this dose there is some fatloss for me.

Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Answers

ephedrine half life - 3-6 hours
    yohimbine half life - 1-2 hours

Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Answers

damn, im very sensitive to stimulants, but 2 caps of leviathan (9mg), twice a day... sure im feeling good... but it doesnt bother me at 20+mg a day... weird

38. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

I can't tolerate much ephedrine either. 25 mg per day is more than enough for me. Although I do ok on caffiene. 200-600 mg per day is usually ok though I fair better on lower amounts.

I should probably not offer advice on stims since I am a statistical anomaly. lol

39. New Member
    Answers

I'm in too to try it, just dropped 2.5mg YHCL with some broccoli

40. Senior Member
    Answers

I should probably not offer advice on stims since I am a statistical anomaly. lol

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-19-2014, 12:42 PM
  2. Side effect of M1T?
    By Spitdeath in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-22-2004, 10:55 PM
  3. Side effects of Nolva
    By FrTimothy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-14-2004, 06:14 PM