Cortisol Control Products

Qaiphyx

Awards
How well do they work on your appetite personally?

Couldnt find much info on this.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
appetite control from a cort. blocker... hmmmm?????

coug42

coug42

Awards
  • Established
I've used both retain2 and Restore. Great results as far as a leaning agent but not much in seen in the way of appetite control. Best route imo is to use a cortisol inhibiting product in conjungtion with a good fat burner. Stim-x and venom work great for me as far as appetite control when i'm trying to cut.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
yeah bro, u might have gotten mixed up, i have never herd of a anti-cort for appetite suppression.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
the best appetite suppression for me is FOOD(a full belly)
think about it...

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
starving yourself to "cut" is UNHEALTHY - suppressing your appetite so you don't eat is UNHEALTHY
you can eat and still cut - just have to put some effort in to it

but why do that - they make supplements for that!?! {sarcasm}

Qaiphyx

Awards
If you can make something easier, why wouldnt you? lol

Its like, if you can turbo charge your car, and you have the money just sitting around... why wouldnt you?

gogo

gogo

Awards
  • Established
If you can make something easier, why wouldnt you? lol

Its like, if you can turbo charge your car, and you have the money just sitting around... why wouldnt you?
Because you can still get to where you are going with your "car" but it just may take a little longer without the turbo... But in the long run it may be a bit easier on your "car".

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Because you can still get to where you are going with your "car" but it just may take a little longer without the turbo... But in the long run it may be a bit easier on your "car".

sometimes people say that steroids are a short cut. as if you can get to the same endpoint without them if you just "work harder"

obviously that is BS. steroids enable you to exceed your genetic potential

maybe this is off topic i dunno

fitnecise

Awards
starving yourself to "cut" is UNHEALTHY - suppressing your appetite so you don't eat is UNHEALTHY
you can eat and still cut - just have to put some effort in to it

Unhealthy?

It is clear that periodic macro restriction is very healthy and constant gorging is not. We didn't evolve with an unlimited availability of food and our bodies are well prepared and expect not to be nourished all the time.

fitnecise

Awards
yes, UNHEALTHY.(period)(bottom line)
Excessive, yes (anorexia), but calorie restriction is not unhealthy and has benefits in itself (which would simply be considered normal if we still lived a paleolithic lifestyle). (period)(bottom line)

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
supplements used for reducing weight or obesity suppress appetite by acting the on noradrenergic neurotransmitter - which in turns if suppressed long enough has very serious side effects such as cardiac arrhythmias, intracerebral hemorrhage, acute dystonia, myocardial injury, psychosis, cerebral arteritis and hypersensitive crisis, severe ulcers...

in terms - UNHEALTHY.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Cortisol levels seem to tie in with stress levels which in turn can effect appetite. Some may have decreased or increased appetite as well as cravings for comfort foods or desserts when stress levels are high. Theoretically, controlled cortisol levels may have the potential to keep appetite to a normal, healthy level. IMO

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Cortisol levels seem to tie in with stress levels which in turn can effect appetite. Some may have decreased or increased appetite as well as cravings for comfort foods or desserts when stress levels are high. Theoretically, controlled cortisol levels may have the potential to keep appetite to a normal, healthy level. IMO

on the other hand when you reduce cortisol concentrations in the liver you affect gluconeogenesis which then reduces blood sugar levels. this can lead to increased appetite

this seems to be happening with people taking 11-oxo

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
on the other hand when you reduce cortisol concentrations in the liver you affect gluconeogenesis which then reduces blood sugar levels. this can lead to increased appetite

Hmmm, that's a good point. Personally I never 'noticed' my blood sugar effected by the standard 7-keto derivitives. Does 11-Oxo suppress > 7-Oh?

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Hmmm, that's a good point. Personally I never 'noticed' my blood sugar effected by the standard 7-keto derivitives. Does 11-Oxo suppress > 7-Oh?

i have never seen IC50 values for the 7-oh's

i am pretty confident that 11-oxo is much stronger since being an 11-oxygenated steroid it should fit much better into the enzyme than a 7-oxygenated one (which probably fits more in a non-direct sense)

JJC

Awards
  • Established

Patrick-
You specifically say "in the liver" after reducing cortisol concentrations...are there different ways to reduce cortisol? How does 11-oxo work compared to other cortisol controllers, eg Lean Xtreme, Retain, Reduce XT? If the info is out there, just let me know and I will go hunt it down...

The reason I ask is because I plan on taking X-Lean to control cortisol along with P-Slin. The P-Slin will help keep blood sugar levels low but reading what you've posted makes me wonder if maybe the combo is either redundant or is going to make me feel like crap.

Sorry if I took this off topic, but I think it relates somewhat.

(just saw your interview with Costas last night...I enjoyed it immensely)

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Patrick-
You specifically say "in the liver" after reducing cortisol concentrations...are there different ways to reduce cortisol? How does 11-oxo work compared to other cortisol controllers, eg Lean Xtreme, Retain, Reduce XT? If the info is out there, just let me know and I will go hunt it down...

The reason I ask is because I plan on taking X-Lean to control cortisol along with P-Slin. The P-Slin will help keep blood sugar levels low but reading what you've posted makes me wonder if maybe the combo is either redundant or is going to make me feel like crap.

Sorry if I took this off topic, but I think it relates somewhat.

(just saw your interview with Costas last night...I enjoyed it immensely)

for info on how 11-oxo works in the body is here http://www.ergopharm.net/products_11oxo_article.php

fitnecise

Awards
supplements used for reducing weight or obesity suppress appetite by acting the on noradrenergic neurotransmitter - which in turns if suppressed long enough has very serious side effects such as cardiac arrhythmias, intracerebral hemorrhage, acute dystonia, myocardial injury, psychosis, cerebral arteritis and hypersensitive crisis, severe ulcers...

in terms - UNHEALTHY.
Are you going to give credit to the website you copy pasted that from?

Now, search for noradrenaline overstimulation and high cortisol and see what kind of sides that gives you, long term.

Nobody is denying that fcking with stuff too much or too long is unhealthy. Nobody takes these type of thing for years at a time.

BigAsTheSky

Awards
So maybe the question should be, is a cort blocker essential to any serious cutting regiment?

BigAsTheSky

Awards
sometimes people say that steroids are a short cut. as if you can get to the same endpoint without them if you just "work harder"

obviously that is BS. steroids enable you to exceed your genetic potential

maybe this is off topic i dunno
Maybe a bit OT but definitely in the same ballpark. Is supplement-x (cortisol blockers in this case, but really anything) really just a quicker way to the same end result or will it take you to a completely different level?