PLEASE, your suggestion about the supplements for me

pocketboy

Awards
Hi guys,

I'm very young man, but lets say I'm 21years old.
I'm beginning bodybuilding, and I've a fast metabolism.
Can you tell me all the product (take the best you know) may I use to have big muscles (I do bodybuilding only for the "physical aspect").

I already use :
- A gainer "Gourmet Gainer" (PVL)
- A pre-workout "No Xplode" (BSN)
- Whey protein "Volu-mass" (SAN)

thanks a lot

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Hi guys,

I'm very young man, but lets say I'm 21years old.
I'm beginning bodybuilding, and I've a fast metabolism.
Can you tell me all the product (take the best you know) may I use to have big muscles (I do bodybuilding only for the "physical aspect").

I already use :
- A gainer "Gourmet Gainer" (PVL)
- A pre-workout "No Xplode" (BSN)
- Whey protein "Volu-mass" (SAN)

thanks a lot
Well, sleep and a multivitamin would be very wise. Food is extremely important a 40/40/20 Protein/Carbs/Fat ratio is an excellent place to start.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know your going to hate this, but like they said, food, sleep, and a multi are all you need right now. You make some of, if not, the best gains your first year or 2 in the gym. Just have your workout and nutrition set up and you will grow like a weed natrually, especially at your age. Do that until you stop making good gains, then look into supps.

ManInTheBox

ManInTheBox

Awards
lots of food.

maybe some pre workout stuff like no xplode, creatine, to assist in mass and strength gains.

protein powders, mass gainers, meal replacements.

more food.

after you're done eating, eat more.

dyllon

Awards
revolution whey is also good with every taste you can chose

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Diet, patience, dedication-the things that determine your success in any athletic endeavor.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
Definitely get enough calories. And train your LEGS!

Tighe

Tighe

Awards
I'll give you my best advice in the form of a haiku. Learn from it, young grasshopper.

You must eat real food
This is the key to success
Become John Basedow

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
I swear this needs to be a staple in EVERYONES training regimen! I can't count the number of young kids that crowd the weight bench at my gym while the entire "leg area" stays empty. Well said AB!
:squat: :food:

jdev

Awards
  • Established
So basically you can get rid of the NO Xplode and replace it with Xtend. Xtend really helps with DOMS. NO Xplode is very underdosed and not especially good for you. You also may want Ragnarok and/or Cordygen5, two supplements i found helpful for preworkout energy and endurence.

Also for a good whey protein get ON's Extreme Milk chocolate or CytoSport Complete whey cocoa bean. better and more cost effective than SAN's. Also do you really need a gainer? Id recommend just eating more. If you have more than 10% BF id probably say you don't.

Beta-Alanine and Creatine may also be safe and helpful for you. For creatine a simple bulk Creatine Monohydrate or DiCreatine Malate would be useful. only 4g Mono and 6g DiCreatine Malate are able to be used by the body per day, and no loading period is needed.

As others have said train your legs. More Specifically, do Squats and Deadlifts without smith machines. If you can't do deadlifts (I can't for a certain reason), replace them with uprightrows and Good Mornings.

I would recommend looking up about the Rippetoe Weight lifting and German Volume Training lifting programs and choosing one of those to follow. when I started lifting i started with GVT and saw pretty good increases in mass. the only supps i was using at the time was creatine and protein. I moved to Rippetoe, and then a modified rippetoe for increased lifting that I kinda made up (its working really well, despite what everyone says about not changing rippetoe).
Also you don't want to be the idiot with massive biceps and then have triceps like a little girls. I can't even remember how many times ive seen this. Try to work every muscle relatively evenly.

Sleep is very important. 8 hours or more is always good. Purchase some Melatonin to make the most of your sleep, and break tabs into two parts as 1.5g is all you need.(most tabs come in 3g amounts).

A MultiVitamin is important. from what i hear AST 32x is good, but I have the Centrum Performance Multi and its fine.
Another Very important item is Fish Oil. Get some. it is preferable to get one with less than 2g or Fish Oil and more than 400mg of EPA per serving.

As for food as everyone else has been saying, get Lean chicken breast, and/or a crapload of beef and just eat it. Also Eggs/egg whites are great for a protein source. Whole wheat/ oat products (such as bread and cereal) are good for carbs sources when not working out. While working out, id recommend putting a couple tsp of sugar in your preWO drink, though some may disagree w/ me on this.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
i think this may be AB's first ever post where she did not mention DCP :lol:

anyways like jdev said, cant go wrong with the xtend, drop the NO-xplode and get the best priced creatine monohydrate or bulk CEE if u like that better. i think by now u got the point with the food so i will not mention it again. JK! stuff your face with the right kinds of food till u cant eat any more, then drink your shake!:head:

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Diet, patience, dedication-the things that determine your success in any athletic endeavor.
^^^excellent. make sure your getting enough protein and calories with a clean diet...a multi and fish oil. Did anyone mention food, food, and more food already:think:

The three things in my signature below are very important as well. See below.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
I definitely agree with what everyone has said here. JDev, great little summary right there basics to bodybuilding/fitness and staple supplements.

The one thing that I will disagree on is the use of Melatonin. From what I know, it is a very powerfull hormone. It is still unsure if your body's natural production can be affected by exogenous use of melatonin.

Instead I would suggest tryptophan (there are other options for sleep aids as well), an amino acid precursor to serotonin and melatonin. It is found naturally in foods and will still help you get an adequate amount of sleep.

Other than that pocketboy, listen to what everyone else has said! I've read your other posts and it seems like you need to get a good grasp of nutrition and supplementation before you dive into anything else! Best of luck.

jdev

Awards
  • Established
I don't believe that Melatonin effects natural production. I don't take Melatonin usually more than a week in a row. After the week, i rarely have a problem getting to sleep. However you may build tolerance to Melatonin. Tryptophan and/or REM r3g (you can get it in bulk from NP) is better as you don't build a tolerance to it. However, you can get Melatonin for 2-3 bucks for a 90 3mg tabs. Tryptophan costs probably about 10-15 bucks for the same amount of tabs.

pocketboy

Awards
I thanks you guys for all your answer.

But there are some words I didn't understand, so please, if possible, speak with a "basics" english

So basically you can get rid of the NO Xplode and replace it with Xtend. Xtend really helps with DOMS. NO Xplode is very underdosed and not especially good for you. You also may want Ragnarok and/or Cordygen5, two supplements i found helpful for preworkout energy and endurence.

Is Xtend a pre workout drink ?

Can I use Xtend and Ragnarok (and/or cordygen) together ?

What does DOMS mean ?

Beta-Alanine and Creatine may also be safe and helpful for you. For creatine a simple bulk Creatine Monohydrate or DiCreatine Malate would be useful. only 4g Mono and 6g DiCreatine Malate are able to be used by the body per day, and no loading period is needed.

Is Beta-Alanine exist in bulk, or it's only in some product ? (Which brand do you recommand me)

What's the better creatine (or at least the difference) between monohydrate and diCreatine malate.
Is really don't have loading period with Mono ?
Isn't 4g very little ?

How must I use my creatine (put it in the preWO shake ?)

Don't worry for my legs, I did soccer all my life, I have the most hardest and biggest legs in all my gym ...

And I have good triceps :)

LAST IMPORTANT THINGS :

Can you, please, tell me all the product (like a list) I must buy and the "using information" (with the "order" I must take it, the moment of the days etc) like a sort of program (like :

9AM : you woke up
10AM : you drink XXXX)

PS: I work out 6:00PM - 8:00 PM

thanks

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Is Xtend a pre workout drink ?
YES

Can I use Xtend and Ragnarok (and/or cordygen) together ?
YES

What does DOMS mean ?
MUSCLE SORENESS

Is Beta-Alanine exist in bulk, or it's only in some product ? (Which brand do you recommand me)
INTRA XCELL

Is really don't have loading period with Mono ?
Load with Mono

Isn't 4g very little ?
4g is Good

How must I use my creatine (put it in the preWO shake ?)
Ragnarok has creatine, dont need mono with Ragnarok

LAST IMPORTANT THINGS :

5:30pm - Creatine
6:00pm - Workout

pocketboy

Awards
ok thanks.

What are differences between all creatine form ? and which is the best for me ?

(Mono, Mono micronized, Ethyl Esther, Ethyl Malate, KRE ALKALYN)

Thanks

pocketboy

Awards
If I use on the same day :

- XTEND
- RAGNAROK
- GOURMET GAINER (just to finish it)
- VOLUMASS (whey protein) and I'll switch on cheaper one's when I will finish

is it a great supplements programs ?

Must I add anything ? (like creatine, if not enough in ragnarock) etc ?

And I would know if adding "Anabolic Pump" (is it the same, better or worse, than P-SLIN) and Kwick Karb, are a great choice, and if there are product compatible with the other I mentionned.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Do like they said, just eat a lot of the right food at the right time and take a multi and protein shake or aminos and BCAA's like Extend which someone already mentioned. Then after about a year or 2 when your gains start going down noticebly then maybe look into supplements like creatine etc. I did the same thing, everyone does and anyway don't ask people on here what to take, look up products look at what they do and if they do what you want then do lots of research on them and then ask us.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
DOMS is actually delayed onset muscle soreness...

It's more of a phrase coined to describe the feeling you get when you're muscles are repairing themselves...

pocketboy

Awards
I edit my last post :

If I use on the same day :

- XTEND
- RAGNAROK
- GOURMET GAINER (just to finish it)
- VOLUMASS (whey protein) and I'll switch on cheaper one's when I will finish

is it a great supplements programs ?

Must I add anything ? (like creatine, if not enough in ragnarock) etc ?

And I would know if adding "Anabolic Pump" (is it the same, better or worse, than P-SLIN) and Kwick Karb, are a great choice, and if there are product compatible with the other I mentionned.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
You don't want to go overboard in supplementing. Give what you have listed above a shot, and them move forward with the other products once you knows whats working and whats not.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
IMO, the high metabolism thing is a cop out. I was once like this, but just didnt eat right, even though I said I ate tons. Gaining mass takes years of dedication and eating right. There is no supplement that is going to give you a "free pass" to what you are looking for.

Why do I think this? http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pics/64988-evolution-pud-stud.html
If there's a will there's a way. At the end of the day the only people who suffer from excuses are the people themselves.....kinda like the ones who makes excuses about PCT. Awesome transformation tattoo.:head: