Have mono :( Lost a lot of strength & size.

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
Alright the past couple weeks have been tough not being able to eat nearly enough calories and not being able to go to the gym. Well I was admitted to the hospital for Liver hepatitis due to the mono and there's a possibility I took too much tylenol.

Well after one day of being treated with IV NAC my liver values improved and they sent me home. (I forgot what they were elevated to, doc said they wern't terrible) Just gotta get them checked again in a week. Lost about 10 pounds in a week and half, but now that I can eat I shouldn't lose too much more.

The question I'm hoping you can can lend some advice to me is about what supp stack I should use once I'm back in the game prob about a month down the road.. I have Bulk 1-carboxy powder and about 1 week of Anabolic Bump (that's what I was using before I got sick). I also have a few bottles of Alpha Drive. I was thinking about getting some Activate Xtreme and possible stacking it with some Alpha Drive or is that too much? I may take some sizeon with the Activate Xtreme also.

Just looking for some opinions on what you guys would take givin you had those supps to choose from. Thanks.:bb3:

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Mono trashes your liver enzymes. I had mono close to a year ago. I don't know if you catch it in relationship to severity but mine was moderate...if you could call it that. My liver values were WELL over normal, and I think one was 500% over. I kinda lost muscle but I worked out while I had mono...not a good idea anyways.

Acetominophen (sp?) has some speculation about how it affects the liver. Personally I don't take anything but ibprofuen (sp?) which is also too only if the pain is too severe. I don't like taking medication if it is not absolutely needed.

dontknowaboutme

dontknowaboutme

Awards
Alright the past couple weeks have been tough not being able to eat nearly enough calories and not being able to go to the gym. Well I was admitted to the hospital for Liver hepatitis due to the mono and there's a possibility I took too much tylenol.

Well after one day of being treated with IV NAC my liver values improved and they sent me home. (I forgot what they were elevated to, doc said they wern't terrible) Just gotta get them checked again in a week. Lost about 10 pounds in a week and half, but now that I can eat I shouldn't lose too much more.

The question I'm hoping you can can lend some advice to me is about what supp stack I should use once I'm back in the game prob about a month down the road.. I have Bulk 1-carboxy powder and about 1 week of Anabolic Bump (that's what I was using before I got sick). I also have a few bottles of Alpha Drive. I was thinking about getting some Activate Xtreme and possible stacking it with some Alpha Drive or is that too much? I may take some sizeon with the Activate Xtreme also.

Just looking for some opinions on what you guys would take givin you had those supps to choose from. Thanks.:bb3:
I had mono two years ago and I had it way worse than what you describe. I was in the hospital for 4 days, and I lost about 30 lbs in 2 weeks, most people would have to see it to believe it. I was in the hospital hooked up to an IV, because my throat had practically closed shut and I could not get any nutrients into my system, therefore my body could not fight the virus. I did not eat solid food for nearly two weeks, I could hardly swallow liquids before I was admitted into the hospital. With mono you are not supposed to work out for a month after recovering because your liver and spleen can become enlarged and there is fear of damaging them while enlarged. I gained the 30 lbs I lost very quickly by eating constantly, even before I was allowed to weight lift. Actually it was the best thing because I had so much energy and was so ready to get back in the gym that when I was cleared I was a monster in the gym.

So my advice is to eat a lot! Force yourself to eat, and wait a month to lift (or more depending on your doctor). Stay off supplements for awhile until you are cleared and when you get back in the gym you will tear it to pieces.

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
Yeah all the doctors in the hospital told me I could lift once I felt better in a week or 2.. Then the following doctor apt with my GP he told me my spleen was enlarged and that I needed to take 4 more weeks off. 4 doctors in the hospital told me my spleen wasn't noticably enlarged so I started back to the gym on at the start of the week. I'll be taking it easy for a couple weeks tho. My liver function is almost normal too. I get more bloodwork on the 17th.

get lean

Awards
i just found out i have mono. i start pct tomorrow after a seven month cycle. it is not that severe. i dont think so anyway. i have been working out and i feel like **** sometimes but can get throught the day. what do i do. i have to pct. i am doing clomid, nolva, sythetek products, and wanted do mass fx and hyperdrol to bring up my test levels. i dont know if i should continue low dose of some anabolic or pct or none of the above. should i workout, not workout, do cardio, not do cardio. i dont know what to do. i have to get better i know that. i see the doc tomorrow. i dont really know what mono is. i just got a call from the nurse saying i tested possitive. i know it messes up your immune system, liver values etc. and that there is no medicine to take to make it go away. that would be nice. my girlfriend tested positive so i tested too. i have it. this sucks. please, any input would be appreciated. i will workout even if i feel like ****. i just dont know if that is healthy. thanks.

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
Depends if your spleen is enlarged.. That's what my docs were concerned with. The guys who thought it was normal said I could lift when I felt better, but my family doc told me to not lift for 4 weeks because my spleen was enlarged. I only waited 2 weeks to get back.. I had it pretty bad and lost a ton of size and strength. You being on PCT and getting mono sucks.. I you can and your spleen isn't enlarged i'd say lift or you'll lose all your gains on the pct.. but if your liver is enlarged its safer not to lift.. at least don't lift heavy. See what the doc says tho

get lean

Awards
went to the doc today. she says not to workout. she doesnt think my spleen is effected and neither do i. but i will be getting an ultrasound this week. i feel ok i guess. the ill feeling comes in waves. it will not stop me from the gym though. going to do legs right now, then sleep. i am going to do my pct and try to keep my gains. i feel confident with that. my life will consist of work eight hours, workout for less than an hour four days week, eat because i still have my appetite, and sleep. and sleep some more. she gave me ambien to help with that. i will be fine. thanks