phenibut/l-dopa/pea/hordenine any potentially dangerous combos?

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Last night I tried some phenibut. Small dose around 350mg combined with mucuna and bacopa. I slept good but I woke up really aggressive and was putting down people at work and didn't seem to care. People were saying I was in rare form and wasn't myself. I have hypoglycemia but this seemed different kind of aggression. I don't know if this combo was a good idea or not?

Also wondering if pea/hordenine is ok to take with L-dopa? Haven't attempted that combo yet.

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
Have you ever taken mucuna before? I'd suspect it to be the main culprit in this situation due to the dopamine properties. I know I've had mood problems with that before.

AtomSmasher

AtomSmasher

Awards
  • Established
I have bulk phenibut powder that i take every once in a while. I usually take about 750mg three hours before bed and the only side ive noticed is that i wake up really groggy not unlike after a night of drinking. Have you experienced this also, or was it just aggression?

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Have you ever taken mucuna before? I'd suspect it to be the main culprit in this situation due to the dopamine properties. I know I've had mood problems with that before.
never taken mucuna before but have taken bacopa which both have a level of l-dopa from my understanding and effect dopamine. I'm not trying the phenibut tonight and see what happens.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
I have bulk phenibut powder that i take every once in a while. I usually take about 750mg three hours before bed and the only side ive noticed is that i wake up really groggy not unlike after a night of drinking. Have you experienced this also, or was it just aggression?
Yeah, I have a lot of experience with phenibut as a stand alone and it works well when you dose it right otherwise it can make normal function hard. You took too much if you wake up groggy. You should start out at the lowest dose possible and go from there. For some reason I feel phenibut has harmful long term effects like increased anxiety and memory loss but i'm not 100% on that and couldn't find supportive studies. All I know is when you need stress relief fast.. nothing works better legally.

AtomSmasher

AtomSmasher

Awards
  • Established
ive been taking it for about a year, on and off of coarse, i started at 300mg and built up a tolerance pretty quickly

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Aggression seems strange with phenibut. 3g and a few brews and I'm happy as could be.lol

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
never taken mucuna before but have taken bacopa which both have a level of l-dopa from my understanding and effect dopamine. I'm not trying the phenibut tonight and see what happens.
Well, you may have reached a threshold of effective l-dopa dose and the combination of the two put you over that so you're getting side effects. A couple facets of dopamine as a neurotransmitter are the regulation of your social behavior and mood, and an over stimulation could have produced the issues that you described.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Aggression seems strange with phenibut. 3g and a few brews and I'm happy as could be.lol
it definetly would not have been from phenibut as a stand alone.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Well, you may have reached a threshold of effective l-dopa dose and the combination of the two put you over that so you're getting side effects. A couple facets of dopamine as a neurotransmitter are the regulation of your social behavior and mood, and an over stimulation could have produced the issues that you described.
That's what I was thinking. The phena. combined with the dopa increased it's affects. I didn't take phenibut last night but took a camphibolic which contains the mucuna and bacopa. I slept fine. Had 2 night mares and woke up groggy but not in a pissed off mood like yesterday. I'm wondering if I should cut back on the dosages on camphibolic or not or it's just the effects of the other night still in me. I have felt effects from phenibut a day to 2 later.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Last night I tried some phenibut. Small dose around 350mg combined with mucuna and bacopa. I slept good but I woke up really aggressive and was putting down people at work and didn't seem to care. People were saying I was in rare form and wasn't myself. I have hypoglycemia but this seemed different kind of aggression. I don't know if this combo was a good idea or not?

Also wondering if pea/hordenine is ok to take with L-dopa? Haven't attempted that combo yet.
The aggresiveness was probably the result of too much dopamine- it can make you a very unpleasant person to be around.....

I made the mistake of taking modanifil/Lipo-PM/RPM/tyrosine in too narrow a time frame- increased dopamine/increased neurotransmitters for dopamine synthesis/plus a compound that blocks norepinephrine/dopamine reuptake= anxiety, agitation, anger, and irrationality.....BE CAREFUL with this stuff, a lot of these compounds are not prescription drugs, but they have drug-like effects, so they should be used with extreme caution....

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
The aggresiveness was probably the result of too much dopamine- it can make you a very unpleasant person to be around.....

I made the mistake of taking modanifil/Lipo-PM/RPM/tyrosine in too narrow a time frame- increased dopamine/increased neurotransmitters for dopamine synthesis/plus a compound that blocks norepinephrine/dopamine reuptake= anxiety, agitation, anger, and irrationality.....BE CAREFUL with this stuff, a lot of these compounds are not prescription drugs, but they have drug-like effects, so they should be used with extreme caution....
That was me yesterday. Today I was a little bit better but I have all those symptoms you listed. Funny thing is the other day I took tyrosine pre workout too.. lol. I'll lay off the camphibolic for tonight and see what happens but the last 2 days have not been pleasant at all. I have a job where i'm always "on stage" so to speak. A client asked me today if she should reach her weight loss goals in the next 2 months with me. I said "i don't know.. you should" It was a complete out of character line for me. I couldn't even believe it came outta my mouth. I was feeling really negative i guess. I fixed it by saying what i'm going to have her do and gave her a free session next week. I can't do this to myself again that's for sure. Definetly affected my work performance.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
That was me yesterday. Today I was a little bit better but I have all those symptoms you listed. Funny thing is the other day I took tyrosine pre workout too.. lol. I'll lay off the camphibolic for tonight and see what happens but the last 2 days have not been pleasant at all. I have a job where i'm always "on stage" so to speak. A client asked me today if she should reach her weight loss goals in the next 2 months with me. I said "i don't know.. you should" It was a complete out of character line for me. I couldn't even believe it came outta my mouth. I was feeling really negative i guess. I can't do this to myself again that's for sure.
Just remember- a little dopamine goes a LONG way- a little bit will put you in a great mood, a lot will make you borderline schizo (not kidding)

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established

You see this right here ^ That's what they call a good post.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
phenibut makes me groggy as well.

i feel like **** when i wake up

it knocks me out but i dont like waking up from it

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Just remember- a little dopamine goes a LONG way- a little bit will put you in a great mood, a lot will make you borderline schizo (not kidding)
lesson learned! lol.. I guess my dopamine receptors are pretty sensitive. My gaba on the other hand need help cause i'm always panic prone. Alcohol used to do wonders but the side effects did not. Phenibut was the best thing I ever tried the first few times. I felt no anxiety for like the first time in my life and was able to relax and was talking to people like I had 10 beers without all the side effects of the alcohol. Unfortunatly phenibut don't work like it used to either. Thanks for the post. :thumbsup:

Iceman55

Awards
I took 1.5g of phenibut one night while i was taking the new VPX Meltdown Fat Burner which has PEA and Hordenine in it and i felt great that night, but the next two days i felt like ****, terrible anxiety and i also felt very nervous(like my stomach was in knots), was not a very fun couple of days, does anyone know exactly what caused this?

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
I took 1.5g of phenibut one night while i was taking the new VPX Meltdown Fat Burner which has PEA and Hordenine in it and i felt great that night, but the next two days i felt like ****, terrible anxiety and i also felt very nervous(like my stomach was in knots), was not a very fun couple of days, does anyone know exactly what caused this?
Sounds like over stimulation. Even too much phenibut and a really high release of gaba can cause anxiety the next day.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 56
tyga tyga Supplements 16
RIPDanDuchaine Supplements 18
brofessorx Supplements 9
Supplements 7