Supplement Advice

beric83

Awards
Supplement Advice For Decreasing Fat and Gaining Lean Muscle (1st Post)

I was looking for some advice from you experienced supplement takers. I already have a very well established workout regimen, but as far as I go with supplements is Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein shakes and a GNC Multi.
I am looking to add some lean muscle and decrease my body fat as low as I can get it. I'm not trying to get huge, I prefer a lean defined look, but I am looking to gain some muscle.
I'm currently about 5'10 and about 170lb. I do a lot of cardio, because I enjoy it (5 days cardio, 3-4 days weight-lifting a week). Anyways I would really appreciate any recommendations, cause I really don't have a whole lotta money to experiment with being a college student.
I apologize for the basic nature of this post, but I thought this would be a good place to get some feedback............

Last edited:

beric83

Awards
I'm 24.....That is an interesting product, I'll do some more research , but it looks like something that I might benefit from....Thanks for the recommendation.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gotta agree with mat here, RPM would be great for what you are looking at. It's cheap, and effective, very effective. I am a college student also, so I know exactly what you mean when you are strapped for cash! RPM/Reset AD would be a great, cheap stack for you. The Reset AD will compliment the RPM by making it stronger, meaning you don't have to take as many pills, thus extending your bottle! If you can afford IGF-2 with it, by all means, stack it, if not, then get Lipotropin-PM. Lipo-PM is a great nightime fat burner that also happens to be an excellent sleep aid as well, and its so cheap at nutraplanet! Here is a break down:

RPM-29.99
Reset AD- 17.99
Lipo PM-19.95
IGF-2- 49.95

So go with what fits into your budget! Look on Nutraplanet.com, they are the cheapest around for supps!

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
DCP, Leviathan and Sesamin would work nicely for your recomp goals. You can also get a creatine product like Green Mag if you haven't already.

jdev

Awards
  • Established
ActivaTe, X-Lean, Scorch, Lipoderm Ultra

RPM is a good suggestion as well. I take RPM on workout days and scorch on off days. DCP is also a good product. I don't think lipo does that much compared to the supps I just mentioned. Reset AD would also be a good idea if you have high tolerance to stims.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
Gotta agree with mat here, RPM would be great for what you are looking at. It's cheap, and effective, very effective. I am a college student also, so I know exactly what you mean when you are strapped for cash! RPM/Reset AD would be a great, cheap stack for you. The Reset AD will compliment the RPM by making it stronger, meaning you don't have to take as many pills, thus extending your bottle! If you can afford IGF-2 with it, by all means, stack it, if not, then get Lipotropin-PM. Lipo-PM is a great nightime fat burner that also happens to be an excellent sleep aid as well, and its so cheap at nutraplanet! Here is a break down:

RPM-29.99
Reset AD- 17.99
Lipo PM-19.95
IGF-2- 49.95

So go with what fits into your budget! Look on Nutraplanet.com, they are the cheapest around for supps!
i agree here, this sounds like a great stack. if your short on the money i would skip the reset AD.

beric83

Awards
Thanks for all the recommendations, I'll do some research on them. Quick question, What brands would you recommend as far as best quality fish oils and BCAA's.

DavidCream

DavidCream

Awards
Hey man you came to the right place for advice. Always make sure you research what you are about to put into your body.
Im in college too so I feel your pain about being on a budget.

Personally I'd lean toward Halodrol Liquigels. Relatively cheap and from what I've read and seen/heard from my friend delivers good results. Good luck!

theseus

theseus

Awards
What is your bodyfat % ?
And post your routine + diet, you may be able to achieve the look you're after with more cardio and a better diet.

Most (95%++) supplements are a waste of money IMO. And if you are looking to save money, I think it would be better spent on a better diet.