L-glutamine powder

F

flamingsoulz

Awards
Does glutamine powder mixed with water have a bitter taste? I bought a 300g of glutamine powder today and i tried it out and right now im farting so much from it! Does that happen to you guys??

AtomSmasher

AtomSmasher

Awards
  • Established
The glutamine I have has kind of a salty taste, i guess thats the best way to describe it. no bitterness. Ive never had trouble with bustin ass when i take it. It might sound weird but try taking it with a tablespoon of vegetable oil , that helps absorption. What grade is your powder? Usually i buy pharmaceutical grade

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Young man, please don't buy anymore glutamine. Michael Vick kills a dog every time someone buys glutamine, mmkay.

Glutamine will only make your wallet thinner. Use that money on some dead and tasty animals instead ;)

F

flamingsoulz

Awards
Doesnt glutamine help recover muscle tissues? Right now my left forearm is messed up and it hurts when i try to lift heavy things

F

flamingsoulz

Awards
I tried to look for EAS glutamine yesterday in some store and there werent any popular name brands so i just grabbed this name brand called Precision sport supplments micronized glutamine

R

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Glutamine is bullsh-t in my opinion and even Patrick Arnold says it is worthless as well. The studies that have been done on glutamine are on patients who are HIV postive or on the brink of death due to physical trauma. In those given cases glutamine is sufficient. But normal bodybuilding and powerlifting does not create replicable trauma to the human body so I feel there is no correlation and no benefit.

I suppose if you were stranded on an island and only had glutamine and water (purified) for 4 weeks then it might come in handy, but at any rate save your money. Buy protein or dbol or something that ACTUALLY works.

F

flamingsoulz

Awards
:frustrate luckily i bought the smallest amount of powder in the store then........ so right now i take on 100% whey and multivitamins.. does creatine do any good?

R

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
:frustrate luckily i bought the smallest amount of powder in the store then........ so right now i take on 100% whey and multivitamins.. does creatine do any good?
Just go ahead and finish up your glutamine and don't buy anymore again. Creatine does work and stick with the monohydrate, PLEASE don't get SUCKED into all these other mutated versions of creatine. Its boring, but it sure as hell works and gets the jobs done.

Preworkout: 15g Creatine monohydrate (I usually take mine a couple hours prior to working out to let it full saturate my muscles).

Postworkout: 10g glutamine + 1-2 scoops of whey protein

Your multi-vitamins, pop one FIRST thing when you wake up and pop one again before you GO TO BED. Keep your body with a good supply of nutrients around the clock.

NOTE: If you buy a good whey protein (like Optimum Nutrition or something like that) they are FORTIFIED with amino acids and nutrients....including glutamine. I usually have a couple shakes a day, plus your carbs that you eat have glutamine as well...so what's the point in taking more ? It's an overkill.

The reason why I said earlier if you on an island then it would help is b/c your carbs would be none (hence no glutamine).

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
there are many discussions on glutamine. some say it's a waste some say it's the best thing since protein. typically though, it isn't a "must have". you would be better off spending the money on creatine imo. i prefer micronized creatine monohydrate. I "load" 15-20g for 1 week. Then I take 5-10g a day for 7-11 weeks more. Some will say loading is a waste, others will say you must take like 25g a day all the time. Play with it and see what works best for you, start with the program i mentioned and move up if you need to. Normally 10g a day should be sufficient, espeically if you haven't used it before. Oh, and I recommend cycling it as well, take a month or two off after every 2-3 months on. That is up for debate by some too though.

F

flamingsoulz

Awards
I read some article saying that if u take 2 mutlivitimin pills or more daily u can have a big chance in getting cancer =O and thanks for giving me the information i need about not needing glutamine and thx for helping me on my homework about creatine guys : )

R

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I read some article saying that if u take 2 mutlivitimin pills or more daily u can have a big chance in getting cancer =O and thanks for giving me the information i need about not needing glutamine and thx for helping me on my homework for creatine guys : )
I'm not aware of something like that or what the correlation could be. If you could post it I'll check it out, but hanging out in the sun and getting too much UV rays can increase your chance of getting cancer.

Being outside near cars can also increase your chance of cancer due to asbestos emissions from brake pads and the carcinogens that are emitted out dat tail pipe.

Cancer and its causes/origin is a greatly controversal topic. Even if you only want to take 1 multivitamin you'll still be better off vs. none.

I cycle creatine 4 weeks on 2 weeks off. That's just me.

F

flamingsoulz

Awards
i read the topic about taking 2 or more multivitamin daily can have a higher chance of getting cancer from this forum somewhere.. forgot where i read it off from :(

carriong

carriong

Awards
Does glutamine powder mixed with water have a bitter taste? I bought a 300g of glutamine powder today and i tried it out and right now im farting so much from it! Does that happen to you guys??
Hey, yeah ive taken it before and it gave me gas like crazy too, it actually even made me gain wait and bloated so i stopped it all together!
If you just train on weights for no more than 1hr a day, you wont need the glutamine. Its mainly used if you eat almost no calories while youre working out so your body doesnt use your muscle cells for energy!
Cheers-

R

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
When I did take L-glutamine for the first time it gave me straight up runny, watery diarreha...so yeah that's probably common. I don't know if that is the body's way of saying "I don't need any" or what, but yeah.

carriong

carriong

Awards
When I did take L-glutamine for the first time it gave me straight up runny, watery diarreha...so yeah that's probably common. I don't know if that is the body's way of saying "I don't need any" or what, but yeah.

read the rules

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I agree, D-Bol's da **** anyone know where do get it these days??
HELP!
Read the rules bro, you can't ask for steroid sources :nono: You're only asking to get scammed by doing that as well.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glutamine has it's place. When taken in shakes or meals etc. I agree I noticed almost nil from it if anything im with reaper on the pooping part. Although I didn't give up on it and have just altered the way I take it because their can be a compitition for absorbtion when taken with food/parotein shakes.

I take about 10~20gr a day thru 4 doses.

1.) What I do is take 5gr with water 1st thing in the morning wait about 20~30min to eat. Usually cooking time.
2.) 5gr with water 30min before my workout which is usually an empty stomach.
3.) I mix some with my Excell and drink during my workout and finish it about 10minutes before Im done with my workout
4.) I take 5gr with water abuot 20minutes before my before bed meal.

I maintained alot more muscle mass (maybe 7lbs) while cutting over 12 weeks in 06' vs. 05' (same principles/diet/training/cardio)

When bulking I can't really credit anything to added Glutamine supplementation, maybe in a P.C.T. from a bulk cycle but thats all.

To answer the OP question, yes it has a bitter/salty taste, but nothing that lingers. Theres ALOT worst tasteing powders out there

N

NicktheBeast

Awards
If you take too much glutamine it shouldn't be surprising to feel a queeziness in your stomach. Not only is glutamine the most abundant amino acid in your body when it comes to the musculoskeltal system however, it helps to preserve and protect the stomach lining.

Markoni321

Markoni321

Awards
Poliquin said that we should be taking 60-80g a day of glutamine to see glutamine effects

R

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Poliquin said that we should be taking 60-80g a day of glutamine to see glutamine effects
You probably would want to include adult diapers with that. No you don't need that much and I don't think you'd see anything even if you did take that much. Unless you were a life threatened burn victim or something a long those lines.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Eating a high protein diet with additional supp. of glutamine prolly gives you about that much. I have no science behind this just looking at typical profile of 100gr of protein.

Yes reaper id think if u supp that much glutamine a day things WILL run

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
Glutamine is bullsh-t in my opinion and even Patrick Arnold says it is worthless as well. The studies that have been done on glutamine are on patients who are HIV postive or on the brink of death due to physical trauma. In those given cases glutamine is sufficient. But normal bodybuilding and powerlifting does not create replicable trauma to the human body so I feel there is no correlation and no benefit.

I suppose if you were stranded on an island and only had glutamine and water (purified) for 4 weeks then it might come in handy, but at any rate save your money. Buy protein or dbol or something that ACTUALLY works.
Hey Reap, probably not a good idea to recommend dbol here... the OP is age 14. I'm sure you just missed that.

And along those lines, does a 14 year old need any supplements at all besides protein and multi-vitamin? Even creatine may not be necessary at that age. Although I don't know if it would hurt anything either. Thoughts?

R

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Hey Reap, probably not a good idea to recommend dbol here... the OP is age 14. I'm sure you just missed that.

And along those lines, does a 14 year old need any supplements at all besides protein and multi-vitamin? Even creatine may not be necessary at that age. Although I don't know if it would hurt anything either. Thoughts?
Whoops, yes I did miss that. At 14 no they don't really need anything more than a vitamin or protein. Creatine is optional and is non-toxic so that would be to the discretion of the individual. I mean 14-21 should be all natural since your peaking on hormones and probably the prime for building. Too many people jump the gun on chemical enhancement and selling themselves short of being natural. Hell you may come to find you have great genetics after all....unlike me.

F

flamingsoulz

Awards
I guess I'll just stick to my multivitamins, and the on 100% whey then... now I need to finish my gllutamine powder and today I just ate cereal for my breakfast. 30 mins later I had a big cramp and had to take a big watery dump. Yesterday i took my multivitamin pill 30 min before my glutamine powder and during the night i went to piss... and one thing that was strange was that my pee was green -__- any1 kno why my urine would turn green?

gdbear65

gdbear65

Awards
  • Established
today I just ate cereal for my breakfast.
Cereal is one of the worst things you can eat.
Modern Breakfast Cereals
Modern breakfast cereals are made by a process called extrusion. The grains are mixed with water to make a slurry and then forced out a tiny hole at very high temperatures and pressures. The shape of the hole determines whether the final product will be a flake, a little O, a puffed grain or a shredded grain. Extrusion represents extreme ‘cruelty’ to our grains.

Two unpublished animal studies indicate that extruded grains are toxic, particularly to the nervous system. One study, found in the fi les of a cereal company he worked for and described by Paul Stitt in his book Fighting the Food Giants, was based on four sets of rats being given special diets. One group received plain whole wheat, water, vitamins and minerals. Another group received puffed wheat, water and the same nutrient solution. A third set was given water, white sugar and the chemical nutrients, and a fourth given nothing but water and sugar. The rats that received the whole wheat lived over a year on the diet. The rats who got nothing but water, sugar and vitamins lived for about eight weeks, and the animals on a white sugar and water diet lived for a month. But the company’s own laboratory study showed that rats given vitamins, water and all the puffed wheat they wanted died in two weeks. It wasn’t a matter of the rats dying of malnutrition; results like these suggested that there was something actually toxic about the puffed wheat itself. Proteins are very similar to certain toxins in molecular structure, and the puffing process of putting the grain under 1500 pounds per square inch of pressure and then releasing it, may produce chemical changes which turn a nutritious grain into a poisonous substance.

The other study was performed in 1960 by researchers at Ann Arbor University. Eighteen rats were divided into three groups. One group received cornflakes and water; a second group was given the cardboard box that the cornflakes came in and water; and the control group received rat chow and water. The rats in the control group remained in good health throughout the experiment. The rats receiving the box became lethargic and eventually died of malnutrition. But the rats receiving cornflakes and water died before the rats given the box – the last cornflake rat died on the day the first box rat died. Before death the cornflake rats developed schizophrenic behaviour, threw fits, bit each other and finally went into convulsions. Autopsy revealed dysfunction of the pancreas, liver and kidneys, and degeneration of the nerves in the spine – all signs of ‘insulin shock’. The startling conclusion of this study is that there is more nourishment in the box that cold breakfast cereals come in than in the cereals themselves.

Scientists have looked at the effects of extrusion on the proteins in grains and found extrusion to disrupt and distort the precisely folded proteins in our grains, rendering them toxic, particularly to the nervous system. Millions of children begin their day with a bowl of extruded breakfast cereal. Do the toxic protein fragments in these cereals explain why so many of our children cannot concentrate at school?

Breakfast cereals purchased in a health food store are no better than those purchased at the grocery store. They may not contain sugar or artificial colourings, but these cereals are made by the same process, and often in the same factories as the cereals sold at the supermarket. Often these cereals are made with organic grains. Organic grains contain more protein than non-organic grains ... which means that these health food store cereals probably contain more toxic protein fragments than supermarket cereals.

Source: Be Kind to Your Grains and Your Grains Will Be Kind to You! By Sally Fallon

F

flamingsoulz

Awards
k.... but have u ever pissed out green urine before?

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
k.... but have u ever pissed out green urine before?
by green, do you mean a light yellow/greenish urine? I have a very yellow, I guess one could call it greenish yellow urine if I have a lot of vitamins, especially vitamin B. that might have been it.

F

flamingsoulz

Awards
by green, do you mean a light yellow/greenish urine? I have a very yellow, I guess one could call it greenish yellow urine if I have a lot of vitamins, especially vitamin B. that might have been it.
Yes a yellow/greenish urine colour very light green.... but it only happened to me yesterday right now its back to normal :D

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
No offense,but at 14 I don't think you should even be posting on this board,maybe reading,and defenitely not doing anything you read here either...14 is too young friend,eat alot and work out alot and drink alot of water,at 14 you don't even need a multi...maybe some Flinstone chewables;),but seriously 14 is too young,14 you could still stunt your growth and screw yourself up in a variable of ways....just eat and workout....at 14 your metabolism is so high you probably won't make any noticable gains anyhow...I can't say I'd even reccomend creatine at 14....little hercules had his share of BCAA's,Amino's,and protien and a tighltly sorted diet,and of course not telling what kinda stuff his dad was bumping him with daily....and he was a pretty healthy kid to say the least,besides that crap his dad gave him,although you really don't hear anything about that kid anymore....wonder if he's a fat butterball eatin' krispy kremes all day,lol

R

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Did that little hercules' dad pump him full of anadrol or something ? I know that kid wasn't 100% natural.

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
Did that little hercules' dad pump him full of anadrol or something ? I know that kid wasn't 100% natural.
I don't think anyone really knows,you could write his dad in prison and ask:lol: I would guess he was giving him some orals to say the least,poor kid

R

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
lol. Take the tabs and put it in a blender. Make a nice milkshake out of orals.

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
lol. Take the tabs and put it in a blender. Make a nice milkshake out of orals.
thats pretty much what he did,he would give the kid scoops of "mystery powder" throughout the day,I'm guessing var if he was halfway intelligent,which he probably wasn't,that kid was super lean,as var is the only oral that doesn't hinder growthplates function

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
i like to take anywhere from 20g upwards of glutamine peptides or 40g of free form l-glutamine (if i buy it in bulk) during cutting cycles to help aid in recovery and muscle loss. i do believe in higher doses for glutamine to see any affects as well. tamper with the dosage and find about whats right for you.