UCP1 pre-contest. Good or bad idea?

FullyBuilt

Awards
  • Established
I ordered a bottle of it, and im 4weeks away from my show. If I start it in a few days, I am still able to drink plenty of water and eat decent carbs(around 200) so is it a good idea to do the 2week cycle and then when its over I can start cutting water and pre-contest stuff or am I too near to the contest and need all the water and muscle I can handle now. Would doing the cycle be benifitial now or should I have done it earlier and its not worth it now? thanks

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I don't see why you couldn't do a 2 week cycle of it, but if I see another thread from you about this on here or BB.com I'm going to puke :D

FullyBuilt

Awards
  • Established
Hey man I just wanna make sure I know what im putting in body :)

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
I would say take the moderate dose for 2 weeks and then cut it out along w/most of your carbs and sodium. Some people hold alot of water while on UA, others do not. Probly not the best time to expeirament w/ this stuff.

Kerruptt

Awards
Bro I'll level with you...

Your already taking T-2 the addition of UA at this point creates a combo SIMILAR to LipoK which had also sorts of negative effects on people which were blamed on the UA but Im not so sure it wasnt a combo of T2 and UA.

Maybe we have some LipoK users who can comment ( I was too young to ever use it). But honestly, just up cardio dont stack weird things with UA.

FullyBuilt

Awards
  • Established
I think it was the sodium usinate in the lipok. I don't think usnic acid was in lipok

Kerruptt

Awards
I havent seen any research showing major differences between UA and SU but it all comes down to the fact that its your decision.

Be safe bro.

ThaPeoplesChamp

ThaPeoplesChamp

Awards
  • Established
Bro I'll level with you...

Your already taking T-2 the addition of UA at this point creates a combo SIMILAR to LipoK which had also sorts of negative effects on people which were blamed on the UA but Im not so sure it wasnt a combo of T2 and UA.

Maybe we have some LipoK users who can comment ( I was too young to ever use it). But honestly, just up cardio dont stack weird things with UA.
6 people out of thousands. If I remember right all women and asian ones at that (I could be wrong on that but I don't feel like looking it up just now). And I have done both T2 and UA and at the same time. And taken LipoK. IMO he'll be fine, just keep it to two weeks.

Kerruptt

Awards
Nope, at least 2 men in SD (others, I dont wanna goto laptop)

Your thinking of DNP and cataracs.

He *SHOULD* be fine but mixing and matching chems ESPECIALLY pre-contest is never a good idea

ThaPeoplesChamp

ThaPeoplesChamp

Awards
  • Established
Your thinking of DNP and cataracs.
No, I am not.

Dear Health Care Professional Colleague:

We are alerting you about a dietary supplement product that we believe presents a serious public health risk. LipoKinetix, distributed by Syntrax Innovations, Inc., has been implicated in several cases of serious liver injury. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has received reports of at least six persons who developed acute hepatitis and/or liver failure while using LipoKinetix. The injuries reported to FDA occurred in persons between 20 and 32 years of age. No other cause for liver disease was identified. In all cases, no preexisting medical condition that would predispose the consumer to liver injury was identified. Onset of liver injury was observed between 2 weeks and 3 months of starting LipoKinetix.

LipoKinetix has been promoted for weight loss by 'mimicking exercise' and supporting 'an increased metabolic rate'. The product contains norephedrine (also known as phenylpropanolamine or PPA), caffeine, yohimbine, diiodothyronine, and sodium usniate.

FDA has issued a consumer warning advising consumers to stop using this product and to consult their physician if they are experiencing symptoms possibly associated with this product, particularly nausea, weakness or fatigue, fever, abdominal pain, or any change in skin color.

We urge you to review your cases of hepatitis in order to determine if any may be related to the use of dietary supplements in these patients. Adverse events associated with the use of dietary supplements should be reported as soon as possible to FDA's MedWatch program by telephone (1-800-332-1088) or internet (http://www.fda.gov/medwatch).

Thank you for your efforts and cooperation in addressing this potentially serious public health issue. For additional information, see http://www.cfsan.fda.gov.

Sincerely yours,
Christine Lewis Taylor, Ph.D.
Director
Office of Nutritional Products, Labeling and Dietary Supplements
Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Diet Supplement Caused Liver Damage To Seven Californians
March 19, 2002
(American College of Physicians-American Society of Internal Medicine) -- A dietary supplement marketed for weight loss, LipoKinetix®, apparently caused severe liver damage to seven people in Southern California.

Three of the seven, who were all young (between ages 20 and 32) and healthy, were hospitalized; one was placed on the waiting list for a liver transplant. The liver damage developed between two weeks and three months of beginning to use LipoKinetix®. Liver function returned to normal about three months after the patients stopped taking the supplement. Four patients bought the supplement in health food stores, and two bought it from body-builder Internet sites.

In November 2001, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a consumer and health professional warning about the product and told the supplement's distributor to take "prompt action" to remove LipoKinetix® from the market. The distributor does not currently list the product on its Internet site. The ingredients in LipoKinetix® appear in other supplements marketed by the manufacturer and in other products sold on bodybuilding and nutritional supplement Internet sites.

An accompanying editorial points out the need for regulation of dietary supplements, assurances of product safety, and ongoing monitoring and enforcement of safety standards.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there were six or seven depending on which report is correct, and at least one was a man, true.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I would have to agree he should be fine with T2 and UCP-1. They work basically by a different mechanism, and even though a very selct few cases were reported by Lipo-K, that is the case with many supplements, and most with considerably more negative feedback than that.

FullyBuilt

Awards
  • Established
And I highly doubt those 7people took the proper doses of lipok. ****, if you buy a bottle of anything containing ephedrine and take 200mg of it at once, your gonna probably have a heart attack, and if you live, the company you got the product from is out of business. Its kinda sad actually. More research should be done before they discontinue stuff.

maggmaster

Awards
  • Established
I cant believe anybody is actually siding with the fda on the pulling of lipo- K just like the banning of ephedrine it was pulled because people used it irresponsibly and the government doesnt want anything effective on the market because Doctors are such a huge business and lets face it obese people are what make drs so necesarry

ThaPeoplesChamp

ThaPeoplesChamp

Awards
  • Established
Tylenol taken irresponsibly can kill. It's allll about money.

maggmaster

Awards
  • Established
exactly

alchol and tobacco kill thousands a year but theyre still available