Recommend me a Creatine Product

Synicus

Awards
Currently on Havoc/Mega TRN cycle will be ending in 1/2 wks. Generally non-responder to creatine, want to hit PCT hard not lose gains. Been using ON micronized MONO and CNW esterized in past, Controlled Labs (didn't work). What yall like for creatine?

Ragnorak
Animal whatever
No explode
superdump 250
sizeon

what, huh? What works for you, esp those who doen't respond to creatine well?

thx

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I like plain old monohydrate. I'd take sizeon out of that bunch if you don't like plain monohydrate. Kre-Alkalyn & CEE are other good options

davidcyt

davidcyt

Awards
i am on pct as well, and using sizeon..so far so good.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
a lot of people just stick with the basic creatine mono, just to keep it simple. if u wont mono, well there all the same so go with whats cheapest. if u want something more complicated, such as a pre WO creatine/NO, most people like NO xplode or ragnorak like u posted. me personally, i dont really notice any creatine products do much for me expect make me s*** half way through my WO.

Mar430

Awards
Currently on Havoc/Mega TRN cycle will be ending in 1/2 wks. Generally non-responder to creatine, want to hit post cycle therapy hard not lose gains. Been using ON micronized MONO and CNW esterized in past, Controlled Labs (didn't work). What yall like for creatine?

Ragnorak
Animal whatever
No explode
superdump 250
sizeon

what, huh? What works for you, esp those who doen't respond to creatine well?

thx
Yea i dont even think creatine is all that its worked up to be, even creatine mono. :think: At best i think a person might get marginal increase in strength, which might lead to a lil muscle gain. I think creatine success is 90% mental and 10% science. I wouldnt even worry bout taken any creatine if i were u.:nono:

jmil

Awards
My favorite creatine is clout, but I mean...it won't really matter, as was said, a lot of people just like bulk mono. I like to start the creatine about a week before PCT begins (last week of the cycle). Goodluck.

ManInTheBox

ManInTheBox

Awards
Don't consider a pre workout supplement like one of those as a sole creatine supplement. Best thing in my opinion is get the mass stack off nutraplanet, you'll get cee, aee, and cit malate. You can take the cee pre and post if you think your body needs more to get an effect.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
I would say creatine monohydrate...tried and true. Other than that I've read many good things about SizeOn and especially Clout. I would really like to try Clout(among other MAN products in the future), once my 1 kilo tub of creatine mono is cashed.

I've tried Kre-Alkalyn and wasn't convinced it was better(or even helped). The word on the street now is that CEE is a waste also.

Also, I wouldn't rely on NO-Xplode to be your creatine source if you were to go that route. While being a good pre w/o mix, you really can't tell how much creatine you're actually getting from it.

Hope this helps.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like Chaos and i'm currently using SizeOn and i don't really like it much.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
I really enjoyed the creatine gluconate bulk from NP. Right now on kreaceps XS, which I'm finding is a great product. I will either stay with it or move to creatine gluconate + cordygen 5 next time.

Or try good old mono + cordygen 5 as a good way to compare kreaceps.

lazerss9

Awards
besides a slight increase in strength, isnt the main effect of any type of creatine just holding onto extra water and gaining water weight? then once u stop taking it, u lose that weight and ur muscles deflate slightly, right? that was my experience with creatine mono at least...

JJC

Awards
  • Established
besides a slight increase in strength, isnt the main effect of any type of creatine just holding onto extra water and gaining water weight? then once u stop taking it, u lose that weight and ur muscles deflate slightly, right? that was my experience with creatine mono at least...
It (like almost everything else) does more than what you just see/feel...besides just increases in strength, it helps provide more energy to muscles, and helps pull in more nutrients into muscles. It can also be beneficial to those with neuromuscular diseases.

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
I feel like the creatine nazi lately, so I won't get into it. But I would not recommend any creatine except monohydrate to anybody.

Mar430

Awards
sizeon contains monohydrate plus like 2 other types of creatine

Synicus

Awards
Thx for everyone's input.

SIZEON tempted me, esp. since in I got Novedex XT to incorporate pre/during pct. Thought there might be some synergy since same company. And I got Glycergrow (underrated) as additional glycerol boost. But no.

CLOUT definitely tempted me. MAN seems like stand up company, owner tells it like it is. They don't have no rep whores anywhere, so I wanted to give em a chance (and maybe will in future). But no.

Decided to go w/ ANIMAL PUMP from UNIVERSAL. Too many good reviews, like the convenience of pills. Will take on wkout days, run my Creatine Mono on non wkout days so should last for 2 months for $32.95. Not bad:

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/1016/animal-pump.html

If I'm a moron for this decision, let me know.

Also will be getting Reset AD which I think may have a good synergistic effect w/ Animal.

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
Out of those, go with the SizeOn, otherwise get some Pure Vitargo to mix with some creatine mono, and enjoy!

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Thx for everyone's input.

SIZEON tempted me, esp. since in I got Novedex XT to incorporate pre/during post cycle therapy. Thought there might be some synergy since same company. And I got Glycergrow (underrated) as additional glycerol boost. But no.

CLOUT definitely tempted me. MAN seems like stand up company, owner tells it like it is. They don't have no rep whores anywhere, so I wanted to give em a chance (and maybe will in future). But no.

Decided to go w/ ANIMAL PUMP from UNIVERSAL. Too many good reviews, like the convenience of pills. Will take on wkout days, run my Creatine Mono on non wkout days so should last for 2 months for $32.95. Not bad:

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/1016/animal-pump.html

If I'm a moron for this decision, let me know.

Also will be getting Reset AD which I think may have a good synergistic effect w/ Animal.
Two things (and I will refrain from using the word moron because it seems like you just don't know better :) ):

You don't need to buy products from the same company just in hopes that they will work more synergistically. All companies make a bunch of different products to keep themselves on the cutting edge, to hedge their bets (ie if one product fails, they have others that will keep them afloat), and to cater to the different interests of the market. This means that some of their products are meant to be used together while others simply could just be used together. If that makes sense.

Often times you'll find people who run different products across different companies to get the synergy they desire. So just keep that in mind. Just because you buy one product from one company doesn't mean you own them your allegiance to the rest of their line.

As far as Universal products and the Animal line...I've never used any of their products and never intend to. I've read alot of opinions from people who are serious about this sport and from people who just do this out of recreation and most say that their products are worthless. Underdosed horse pills is the term thrown around most often. Usually there are just better alternatives. But hey, you could end up liking it. Everybody is different.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I have tried several.
Size-on, Clout, Cellmass, Mono, Chaos, Storm, CEX, And a few others that I can't remember right now. My advise is start out with mono, It's usually the cheapest. Then go from there. There are bunches out and they all say they are the greatest. People react differently so try the simplest and then if you like it try something else.

dean17

dean17

Awards
i dont have a vast experience with a lot of different types of creatines but ive used mono, cell mass, vitargo cgl, ce2 and a couple others right now im trying out size on and i really like it so far.. only been on it about a week and all lifts are up, its pretty crazy for strength and im sure the mass is gonna come soon.. with that said everyone is different though so i suggest what bama said start out with the simplest and cheapest and go from there

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Out of those, go with the SizeOn, otherwise get some Pure Vitargo to mix with some creatine mono, and enjoy!
Nutrex makes a good tasting creatine monohydrate with waxy maize/vitargo. I think it's called Vitargo-CGL

Synicus

Awards
I've done Green Bulge, Exceeed, Mono...... I went w/ Ragnorak.......whateverrrrr. I gots lots of mono so I'll do that on off days.

friction515

friction515

Awards
  • Established
I love dicreatine malate preWO and throw a dose of mono in post.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
1. What is creatine?

Creatine is a naturally occurring compound derived from glycine and arginine and found primarily in the heart, brain, and skeletal muscle. It plays a key role in the body's energy system, and has many secondary roles. The average American gets about one gram of creatine per day from their diet, and one gram is produced in the body. Herring, salmon, tuna, and beef are all high in creatine, but you would have to eat very large amounts of these foods to get the benefits achieved through supplementation. Creatine is used primarily to increase athletic performance, but may also be useful in preventing various conditions affecting the brain, heart, and musculature.

2. What application does creatine have?

Creatine supplementation combined with strength training has been shown to cause dramatic improvements in muscle size and strength. A recent meta-analysis at the Medical College of Wisconsin of sixteen placebo-controlled trials on healthy adults showed creatine supplementation to increase the one rep maximum for bench press by an average of 15.07 lbs. (6.85 kg) and squat by an average of 21.47 lbs. (9.76 kg) with a 95% confidence interval (1). Additionally, creatine supplementation causes a significant increase in hypertrophy. A study that measured muscle fiber hypertrophy with creatine supplementation for 12 weeks found a 35%, 36%, and 35% increase in Type I, IIA, and IIAB muscle fiber cross-sectional areas, respectively, compared to 11%, 15%, and 6% in the placebo group (2).

3. How does creatine work?

After being ingested, creatine is absorbed into the bloodstream, most likely by the amino acid transporter (3), and usually reaches a maximum plasma concentration in less than two hours (4). While blood levels are elevated, the creatine transporter (CreaT) actively transports creatine into skeletal muscle, cardiac muscle, and the brain (3). At this point, there are a variety of mechanisms by which creatine may exert its ergogenic effects.
Modulation of energy metabolism - Creatine operates as an energy and pH buffer during exercise. Creatine kinase catalyzes a reaction between free creatine and phosphor ions (from the breakdown of ATP to ADP), resulting in phosphocreatine (PCr), which is locked into the muscle cell due to its strong negative charge. The PCr can then react with ADP to form ATP during exercise, and during rest periods more PCr is generated. All of this equates to more energy during sets and faster recovery between sets (3).
Increased protein synthesis - Supplementing with creatine has been shown to increase intracellular water retention (5). Not only does this have the benefit of making the muscles appear larger, it may have an anabolic effect as well. Hyperhydration stimulates protein synthesis and inhibits protein breakdown, and cell volume has a correlation with catabolism in a variety of ailments (6). Numerous studies have confirmed that creatine supplementation prevents protein catabolism (3, 7). There is also evidence that creatine increases satellite cell mitotic activity (8).
Reduced oxidative stress - In addition to direct effects on energy metabolism and protein synthesis, creatine also has indirect effects on them because it protects against tissue damage, thus increasing the body's ability to regenerate ATP (3) and synthesize protein and protecting against a variety of other harms caused by exercise-induced oxidation. Creatine primarily protects against the peroxynitrite and superoxide free radicals (9).

4. What are some further benefits of creatine use?
Neuroprotection - Creatine is found in high concentrations in the brain, and is being explored in the treatment of a variety of neurodegenerative diseases. Creatine supplementation increases total creatine levels primarily in grey matter, white matter, the cerebellum, and the thalamus. Similar to its action in skeletal muscle, creatine operates through a variety of pathways in the brain, such as reducing oxidative stress and correcting mitochondrial dysfunction (3). A recent study on mice and rats showed creatine to provide a 36%-50% reduction in cortical damage caused by traumatic brain injury by improving mitochondrial function, decreasing reactive oxygen species, and maintaining ATP levels (10). This is a new area of research, so few human studies have been done on its neuroprotectant effects at this point. One study found that supplementation of creatine at 5 grams a day for 8 days decreased task-evoked mental fatigue and increased oxygen utilization in the brain (11).
Cardiac health - Since creatine is also found in high concentrations in the heart, its activity there has been studied as well. It protects the heart in a variety of ways, and has been shown to reduce the occurrence of arrhythmia (12), protect cardiac tissue from metabolic stress (13), and reduce plasma cholesterol and triglycerides (14).

Markoni321

Markoni321

Awards
I'm using Met-Rx creatine monohidrate , and its great

Markoni321

Markoni321

Awards
I'm using Met-Rx creatine monohidrate , and its great

L size

L size

Awards
I use ole fashion mono most of the time it works great for me.... I have been using bulk creatiune gluconate! It is cheaper then Size on and the same creatine that sizeon uses. everyone seems to loves sizeon. I didnt want to shellout that much cash for it. So if you are like me i would try the bulk first. It works for me but mono does to....

And PS gluconate doesnt seem to bloat me nearly as much as mono does.