berberine in PCT!!

MrZ

Awards
Arzneimittelforschung. 2007;57(1):26-30.Links
Eulipidemic effects of berberine administered alone or in combination with other natural cholesterol-lowering agents. A single-blind clinical investigation.Cicero AF, Rovati LC, Setnikar I.
"G. Descovich" Atherosclerosis and Dysmetabolic Disease Research Center, "D. Campanacci" Clinical Medicine and Applied Biotechnology Department, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy.

Berberine (BERB) and a combination (COMB) of berberine (CAS 2086-83-1) with policosanol (CAS 557-61-9), red yeast extract (containing monacolin, CAS 557-61-9), folic acid and astaxanthin were orally administered daily for 4 weeks to 40 subjects with moderate dyslipidemias divided in two parallel groups each of 20 subjects. Total cholesterol (TC), LDL, HDL, Non HDL, ApoB, ApoA, Lp(a) and triglycerides (TG) were measured before and at the end of treatments. BERB and COMB significantly reduced TC (respectively by 16% and 20%), LDL (by 20% and 25%), ApoB (by 15% and 29%) and TG (by 22% and 26%), and increased HDL (by 6.6% and 5.1%). Adverse events or impairments of liver transaminases or of CPK were not observed. In conclusion, food supplements containing natural products such as berberine, policosanol, red yeast extracts, folic acid and astaxanthin could be a useful support to diet and life style changes to correct dyslipidemias and to reduce cardiovascular risk in subjects with moderate mixed dyslipidemias.

PMID: 17341006 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im using yg during my pct. and its working very well.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just another reason to take your Yeller Gold/Anabolic Pump.

Interesting post....

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thats good stuff. I have used AP in PCT, but on my next cycle I am going to us AP during, then YG during PCT.

MrZ, keep the studies comin. Love em.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
maybe I should cap the 100 grams of YG ive had sitting here forever ;)

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

joecski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
maybe I should cap the 100 grams of YG ive had sitting here forever ;)
i just toss mine into a tissue on my scale, hit the .500g mark, scrunch it up, and swallow it down. Takes about 15 seconds with no awful YG taste.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i just toss mine into a tissue on my scale, hit the .500g mark, scrunch it up, and swallow it down. Takes about 15 seconds with no awful YG taste.
Ahh, parachuting.... quick, cheap, and easy.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
i have parachuted yg before

still do my wife gives me a funny look when i eat toilet paper lol

joecski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i have parachuted yg before

still do my wife gives me a funny look when i eat toilet paper lol
My wife used to do the same, now she brings me the tissues...

I think toilet paper would definitely work easier, but there is something about swallowing TP I can't quite stomach.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My wife used to do the same, now she brings me the tissues...

I think toilet paper would definitely work easier, but there is something about swallowing TP I can't quite stomach.
Probly bc its used to wipe your ass. I too cant stomach tp.