New Studies say CLA does not effect insulin sensitivity

1. Recovering AXoholic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.19%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

New Studies say CLA does not effect insulin sensitivity

Article is via this link: Clarinol CLA gets gold standard safety boost

Studies were done on 41 obese people. CLA vs. Placebo (olive oil). No significant changes in blood glucose levels or uptake.

B5150, I hope you see this one.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.83%

Thank yoU!!!
  3. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Like this one and others, there are studies that say it has both positive and negative impact.

I guess what concerns me (or impresses in some cases) more than the reports is the contrasting findings from one study to the next. Not only that, the same isomers that are proported to be positive for one thing are proported to be negative for another.

What do you attribute the obvious contrasting reports? Marketing, anti-cla propaganda, misinformation, bias, etc.?

Thanks for the information.
    •   

4. Recovering AXoholic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.19%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    Like this one and others, there are studies that say it has both positive and negative impact.

I guess what concerns me (or impresses in some cases) more than the reports is the contrasting findings from one study to the next. Not only that, the same isomers that are proported to be positive for one thing are proported to be negative for another.

What do you attribute the obvious contrasting reports? Marketing, anti-cla propaganda, misinformation, bias, etc.?

Thanks for the information.
    Sorry, I got excited when I saw the article that I didn't really give enough time to look it over to corroborate.

Well for starts, I've never really been a fan of CLA. 41 test subjects were used in this study. 41 is hahnchenscheisse. I think I could pull up one of the studys that said Vioxx was safe with more test subjects than that.

Another thing that I think should be fixed in this equation would be diet. IDK about you, but when the weight starts falling off despite what I do, bad habbits start to form. And when you're overweight in the first place, those bad habbits are probably already present. Too much junk food can lead to insulin resistance and eventually type II diabetes.

The problem is simply this: their experiments all assess it's weightloss potential. They're using overweight people with poor dieting habbits to begin with (how the f*ck else do you think they got overweight?). This adds other dietary variables into the equation that are neglected when conclusions are drawn. To fully and effectively test against CLA's insulin resistance effects, the experiment would need to focus strictly on this effect.

Test subjects would need to be placed on a 'fixed' diet starting severeal weeks prior to testing the CLA vs. Placebo. 41 testers is a stain on the crotch of the study result's drawers, #'s of testers are a lot like penis size: the bigger it is, the more it's worth braggin' about.

In conclusion, we see a discrepancy of this effect in the different studies because they are not specifically designed for this effect.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.47%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I like include CLA with an acid like TTA, it seems to smooth things out cramping wise,and I believe CLA increases the transport mechanism, in terms of cellular lipids becoming active serum level lipids.

I prefer Chromium for glucose(GTF) and insulin sensitivity resistance, nothing has ever worked better for me over the last 20 years...and it's dirt cheap !

Similar Forum Threads

1. A new study on 10 g pure L-Citrulline (not malate)
    By nattydisaster in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-03-2014, 06:47 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-19-2008, 01:54 PM
  3. New Study: Creatine Cycling Not Neccessary
    By Sheesh in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-20-2003, 11:13 AM
  4. Arnica 30x does not help with DOMS in runners
    By Matthew D in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 1