Opinions Needed on Supplement Choices - AnabolicMinds.com

Opinions Needed on Supplement Choices

1. New Member

Opinions Needed on Supplement Choices

Hey Guys, I'm a newbie here and so far I see a lot of good info so I hope I can get a little feedback.
    I've been outta the gym a little to long actually about 12 years now and I'm getting ready to head back. I've been trying to decide what supps to take and these are the products I've thought of so far. Novadex, IntraXcell, Optimun Nutrition Gold Standard Protein, and Halodrol. Any advice? Oh before I forget I'm 34 5'7' tall 165lbs. my goal is 180 to 185lbs. of lean muscle. Maybe I'm forgetting something or should choose other products so I would greatly appreciate any feedback.

2. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

If it's your first time back in the gym in 12yrs, start with the basics.... food and hardwork. Make sure your diet and workout routines are solid, go with that routine, keep the diet for your goals in check and I gaurantee you that you see awesome results in 6-8wks. The body's ability for stunned adaptation will surprise you when you first get into it.

I'd perhaps include a good protein source like the one you mentioned and that should be good. After a while when gains have slowed, you could go about incorporating the IntraXcell and a good creatine blend.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    If it's your first time back in the gym in 12yrs, start with the basics.... food and hardwork. Make sure your diet and workout routines are solid, go with that routine, keep the diet for your goals in check and I gaurantee you that you see awesome results in 6-8wks. The body's ability for stunned adaptation will surprise you when you first get into it.

I'd perhaps include a good protein source like the one you mentioned and that should be good. After a while when gains have slowed, you could go about incorporating the IntraXcell and a good creatine blend.
    I agree ON protein is good and its all I use
    •   

4. Registered User

Reputation Reputation

Which Halodrol are you talking about?
  5. New Member

I agree with the first guy. Since are basically just starting to work out then there is no need to really get into a lot of supplements. Most importantly, just make sure you stick to your workout and that you keep your diet in check. I would grab a whey protein powder, but besides that the other supplements that you mentioned are not something you would need since your just starting to lift again.
  6. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by jjohn View Post
    Which Halodrol are you talking about?
    Halodrol 60, I couldn't find 50 for sale anywhere, and I know it was pulled from the shelves but I still looked on the internet.
  7. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post

Sounds like common sense to me once ya put it like that, Thank You.
  8. Registered User

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Black Label View Post
    Halodrol 60, I couldn't find 50 for sale anywhere, and I know it was pulled from the shelves but I still looked on the internet.
    Halodrol 50 you have to be carefull, as you need a PCT. If it's the new ones,(liquigels) then you can take them no problem.
  9. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Stick with just the ON and add in some BCAAs. You will see great gains from just these two supplements and once you see how your body react to your new lifestyle, then you can research and decide on which supplements you would like to try.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  10. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Stick with just the ON and add in some BCAAs. You will see great gains from just these two supplements and once you see how your body react to your new lifestyle, then you can research and decide on which supplements you would like to try.
    I think I got ya guys, it's been a while for me so just start out slow. But 1 other question, should I include any creatine? If so which brand gives out the best results. Thanks for all the replies they're really helping me out. Too many supps to choose from now days.
  11. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  260 lbs.

Nutra Planet has it in bulk.It will save you alot of cash that you can put toward more protein!

Congrats on getting back ti the iron and youll make amazing gains with just diet,training and rest for awhile.good luck!

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths . Proverbs 3:5-6
  12. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  260 lbs.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths . Proverbs 3:5-6
  13. Registered User

Whey Isolate
    BCAA's
    Multi-vitamin
    Creatine
    Casein
    EFA's
    FOODDDDDDDDDDD

Considering you've been outta the gym for 12 years you will make some awesome newbie gains and should either hit your goal or come atleast very close, save the ph's for down the road. Before even considering supplements get your diet nailed down, seriously considering hiring someone liek BOBO from here to help you with your diet, your diet will make or break you.
  14. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by CHAPS View Post
    Whey Isolate
    BCAA's
    Multi-vitamin
    Creatine
    Casein
    EFA's
    FOODDDDDDDDDDD
    That's good for starters and I'd suggest you get your EFA's from fish oil, rather than flax.

Great bodies are made in the kitchen
  15. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CHAPS View Post
    Whey Isolate
    BCAA's
    Multi-vitamin
    Creatine
    Casein
    EFA's
    FOODDDDDDDDDDD
    Quote Originally Posted by gdbear65 View Post
    That's good for starters and I'd suggest you get your EFA's from fish oil, rather than flax.

Great bodies are made in the kitchen
    Good posts. I definately agree.

WHich reminds me when i got back into the gym after over a year.....i made some nice gains, it was a total shock to my body. I just used a Protien power (ON) and Omega CEE Thunder. I think it was the placebo effect along with caffiene that made me think i was superman haha,.
  16. New Member

Well I just started lifting yesterday, and this morning, for me it was just the numbers thing one set of all the exercises I plan on doing and figuring out what weights I can control. I plan on using Pyramids so I needed to find out my start to finish weight. They worked great for me back in the day, I have AHNOLD to thank for that. Well I appreciate all the feedback I got from all you guys and I plan on starting a new thread with pictures of my progress, so I would like to invite all of you who replied to that thread when I start it. Thanks again.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Opinions needed on first PH or or test cycle
    By Wafflestomped in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-03-2014, 11:29 PM
  2. Need advice on supplements
    By xaneimas in forum Supplements
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-03-2006, 06:08 PM
  3. Replies: 171
    Last Post: 05-23-2006, 03:49 AM
  4. Need Advice on supplements